Article on Football salaries

gantrules

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...whitlock/050106

It's a good read.

I didn't know the information in here about Priest Holmes. And it's interesting that he was more concerned about 2000 yards than catching passes out of the backfield. So once again, here is another example of an RB worrying about his stats before team success. Is this becoming a trend??? Is the NFL turning in to the NBA?? I hope not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...whitlock/050106

It's a good read.

I didn't know the information in here about Priest Holmes. And it's interesting that he was more concerned about 2000 yards than catching passes out of the backfield. So once again, here is another example of an RB worrying about his stats before team success. Is this becoming a trend??? Is the NFL turning in to the NBA?? I hope not.

196866[/snapback]

i think that articile has more to do with attitudes then salaries......but it does go to show you have to be very, very careful who you give big signing bonuses to now a days because with the amounts that are being chucked around it is tougher and tougher to rid yourself of a problem......i guess that is why the bills value character so much in the draft room.....there are plenty of guys they won't even look at because of attitude concerns, whereas the phins/cowboys/redskins of the world could care less about that intangible.......

i think that articile has more to do with attitudes then salaries......but it does go to show you have to be very, very careful who you give big signing bonuses to now a days because with the amounts that are being chucked around it is tougher and tougher to rid yourself of a problem......i guess that is why the bills value character so much in the draft room.....there are plenty of guys they won't even look at because of attitude concerns, whereas the phins/cowboys/redskins of the world could care less about that intangible.......

196879[/snapback]

Then why use the example of Priest Holmes, who Vermeil said was a character guy? Or look at Shaun Alexander who has been said to be very close to god.

I think the point of the article is that it's feed in to these kids heads that they need to work to get the signing bonuses and then after they get the signing bonuses they are home free.