Good news for America.....

More positive employment news

Once again there is good news for America in the job creation dept. Looks like we added 157k new jobs in Dec bringing the total new jobs created in 2004 to 2.2 million. This just happens to be the best in the past five years.

Of course the dummy crats were spelling out a gloom and doom senario during the election and as we can clearly see now...it was just another case of wishful thinking on thier part. Thats "Bad wishful" thinking of cousre because bad news is about the only thing that the dummy crats count on to win elections these days.

Oh well, theres always next time. Maybe they can try harder to screw things up for the next election cycle.

The closely watched Labor Department report showed a seasonally adjusted 157,000 jobs added to U.S. payrolls in the month. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com forecast that there would be 175,000 jobs added in the month.

Most employment reports over the last six months of 2004 came in below economists' forecasts and Friday's report raised concerns that employment and economic growth could be sluggish going into 2005. The 157,000 new jobs is roughly what is needed to keep pace with population growth each month.

"Private sector job growth is still challenged," said economist Robert Brusca of FAO Economics.

Running at cash register at Target isn't quite what a person with two college degrees and three kids in college was hoping for, although most of the ones I know will take it.

A new term in the 2000's is "bridge job". And that's what a lot of these new jobs are. One would know that by visiting the BLS website, the link to which I've posted many times.

Running at cash register at Target isn't quite what a person with two college degrees and three kids in college was hoping for, although most of the ones I know will take it.

A new term in the 2000's is "bridge job".  And that's what a lot of these new jobs are.  One would know that by visiting the BLS website, the link to which I've posted many times.

197005[/snapback]

WRONG.

From the article:

"The service sector continued to spark overall hiring in December. But the job growth was concentrated in the health care industry, which added a net 36,000 positions, and business and professional services, which hired a net 41,000 workers. "

"Construction companies continued to hire new workers for the 10th straight month, increasing their payrolls by 13,000. "

"While government employment didn't change much in December, payrolls rose by 172,000 in 2004. Most of the growth occurred at the state and local levels, especially in education."

And even on the NEGATIVE side of things, to further prove how OFF you are with your typical dummycrat talking point, check this out:

"As the holiday shopping season got in full swing, retailers ended up shedding almost 20,000 jobs overall. Analysts note that the figures are seasonally adjusted and subject to big fluctuations during that time of the year."

So skilled labor like contruction, education and business services saw HIGHER levels of growth, but retail,where the "Target cashiers" you listed reside, saw reductions.

A new term in the 2000's is "bridge job".  And that's what a lot of these new jobs are.  One would know that by visiting the BLS website, the link to which I've posted many times.

197005[/snapback]

Exactly how many people with 2 college degrees and 3 children do you know that are working the cash register at Target?

Also, are they all as bitter and stupid as you are?

The closely watched Labor Department report showed a seasonally adjusted 157,000 jobs added to U.S. payrolls in the month.  Economists surveyed by Briefing.com forecast that there would be 175,000 jobs added in the month.

Most employment reports over the last six months of 2004 came in below economists' forecasts and Friday's report raised concerns that employment and economic growth could be sluggish going into 2005. The 157,000 new jobs is roughly what is needed to keep pace with population growth each month.

"Private sector job growth is still challenged," said economist Robert Brusca of FAO Economics.

196926[/snapback]

Pastajoe you are correct to a certin extent. What these numbers fail to show is most small business owners job creation. By all accounts these numbers are growing by huge numbers. In large part due to favorable tax conditions. My wife for example is one of them. The timeing was right for her to make the move.

This is mainly supported by the continued low unemployment percentage ( 5.4% ).

197005[/snapback]

Umm, where is your proof of that swetheart??? Did you do a survey of the 157k that started new jobs this month. Listen, you can spew anykind of crap that you want, but I like to stick with the facts. 157k more people are working this month then last. Not all of them were offered CEO postions, but at least they have taken the first step on improving their situation...and released their lips from the tit of the goverenment. Oh darn, 157k less potential suckers for mikey moore and the other hate mongers in your party to potentialy recruit.

WRONG.

From the article:

"The service sector continued to spark overall hiring in December. But the job growth was concentrated in the health care industry, which added a net 36,000 positions, and business and professional services, which hired a net 41,000 workers. "

"Construction companies continued to hire new workers for the 10th straight month, increasing their payrolls by 13,000. "

"While government employment didn't change much in December, payrolls rose by 172,000 in 2004. Most of the growth occurred at the state and local levels, especially in education."

And even on the NEGATIVE side of things, to further prove how OFF you are with your typical dummycrat talking point, check this out:

"As the holiday shopping season got in full swing, retailers ended up shedding almost 20,000 jobs overall. Analysts note that the figures are seasonally adjusted and subject to big fluctuations during that time of the year."

So skilled labor like contruction, education and business services saw HIGHER levels of growth, but retail,where the "Target cashiers" you listed reside, saw reductions.

197073[/snapback]

hey come on, you don't expect her to concentrate on the facts now do you. That would cause her to have to give up the hate march.

her post above absolutely 100% confirms the point of my posting. Anything that is good for the country ie job creation is BAD for the dummycrats who hate any positive that GWB and friends might gt some credit for. For that I say TY sweetpea, keep up the good work.

Up next from tin foil nozzlehead...

How the growth in the health care industry is "because of GWB's environmental policy contributing to more disease and sickness".

How the growth in education is a result of "the terrible No Child Left Behind requiring schools to hire more teachers to fraudulently pump up the scores of failing kids."

How the growth in business and professional services and the cuts in retail are a result of the "Repigs and GWB's kowtowing to corporations and greed....especially Halliburton's!!!"

How the growth in construction is because of "GWB's bowing down to lumber special interests with whom he has been in TIGHT with for a long, long time!!!"

Up next from tin foil nozzlehead...

How the growth in the health care industry is "because of GWB's environmental policy contributing to more disease and sickness".

How the growth in education is a result of "the terrible No Child Left Behind requiring schools to hire more teachers to fraudulently pump up the scores of failing kids."

How the growth in business and professional services and the cuts in retail are a result of the "Repigs and GWB's kowtowing to corporations and greed....especially Halliburton's!!!"

How the growth in construction is because of "GWB's bowing down to lumber special interests with whom he has been in TIGHT with for a long, long time!!!"

197185[/snapback]

rkfast, you beat me to it. :P

Can't wait to see those and other compleling posts from our leftist queen.

Pastajoe you are correct to a certin extent. What these numbers fail to show is most small business owners job creation. By all accounts these numbers are growing by huge numbers. In large part due to favorable tax conditions. My wife for example is one of them. The timeing was right for her to make the move.

Unfortunately it is a fact that a majority of small businesses fail within 5 years. Many people cannot find jobs similiar to what they lost, so they are trying to make a go of it using whatever skills they have that they can offer in a small business because their options are limited. It usually means more expenses for healthcare and lower net profits than their old job.

Politics aside, I truely hope your wife beats the odds and succeeds.

Unfortunately it is a fact that a majority of small businesses fail within 5 years.  Many people cannot find jobs similiar to what they lost, so they are trying to make a go of it using whatever skills they have that they can offer in a small business because their options are limited.  It usually means more expenses for healthcare and lower net profits than their old job. 

197348[/snapback]

But it's always been true that a majority of small businesses fail. That's just the nature of the beast. But let's not try to spin the growth of small businesses into bad news. Many people are naturally inclined to start their own businesses and the vast majority are started by choice, not out of some pressing economic need.

Unfortunately it is a fact that a majority of small businesses fail within 5 years.  Many people cannot find jobs similiar to what they lost, so they are trying to make a go of it using whatever skills they have that they can offer in a small business because their options are limited.  It usually means more expenses for healthcare and lower net profits than their old job. 

197348[/snapback]

Of course that depends on the quality of the individual. You make it sound as though this is their last gasp before they hit the streets and the park bench.

While it is true that a high percentage of small business's fail in the first 5 years, it is also a fact that many of those who may fail the first time pull themselves up by their boot straps and try again, and then they get it right. I did the same thing. It took a few times until I finally got it right, and did it right. You should not assume that those who left their jobs or lost their jobs did so for something less.The desire to be your own boss and build something meaningful is very strong.

And regarding the increased health care costs that is not always th case either. For example most self employed peple get to write off a portion of the insurance premium so they can actually save money.

Finally you do not make profits from an employer...you earn a wage or salary. You make profits when you are the entity doing the selling and the profit comes from how successfully you do your job. There is literally no comparison between a wage/salary and the making of profit as a self employed person.

WRONG.

From the article:

197073[/snapback]

So let's look at health care - do you really think that healthcare is all SKILLED positions? I don't know, last time I worked in a hospital the unskilled far outnumbered the skilled. Someone has to empty the bedpans, shine the floor, etc.

Business and professional services? Like HR Block, right? Again, what kind of jobs? I worked at a professional services company for 8 years and of our 8,000 employees, 5000 of them were non-skilled, making minimum wage.

Same with Construction. Crane operator? Skilled. Flagman? Unskilled.

Not that these jobs are unimportant to society. I'm not questioning the numbers, I'm questioning the QUALITY of these positions. The idea is that millions of people had decent jobs that paid a living wage - and many of those jobs are gone, being replaced by jobs that often don't pay as much.

And interestingly enough the people I do know who are stuck running registers at Target, selling used cars, working at BestBuy, are all college-educated white guys between 48-55 years who were formerly their family's breadwinner.

But hey, I make a ton of money, so to heck with everyone else. I'll donate a bunch and maybe it will trickle down to them.

So let's look at health care - do you really think that healthcare is all SKILLED positions?  I don't know, last time I worked in a hospital the unskilled far outnumbered the skilled.  Someone has to empty the bedpans, shine the floor, etc.

Business and professional services?  Like HR Block, right?  Again, what kind of jobs?  I worked at a professional services company for 8 years and of our 8,000 employees, 5000 of them were non-skilled, making minimum wage.

Same with Construction.  Crane operator? Skilled.  Flagman? Unskilled.

Not that these jobs are unimportant to society.  I'm not questioning the numbers, I'm questioning the QUALITY of these positions.  The idea is that millions of people had decent jobs that paid a living wage - and many of those jobs are gone, being replaced by jobs that often don't pay as much.

And interestingly enough the people I do know who are stuck running registers at Target, selling used cars, working at BestBuy, are all college-educated white guys between 48-55 years who were formerly their family's breadwinner. 

But hey, I make a ton of money, so to heck with everyone else.  I'll donate a bunch and maybe it will trickle down to them.

197950[/snapback]

What an elitist attitude. Why am I even slightly surprised.

These jobs are surely meaningful to those who now have them. You act as if everyone should complete HS, go to a few years of college, and then be guaranteed a professional or highly skilled postion simply because it would be nice if they had one.

Fcat is sweetpea, people have to earn their way. Sometimes even the old fashioned way....by coming up thru the ranks. Only an elitist would expect it to be any other way.

I guess that every job created during slick willys time was a high quality perfect little job right.? You make me wanna puke.

More positive employment news

Once again there is good news for America in the job creation dept. Looks like we added 157k new jobs in Dec bringing the total new jobs created in 2004 to 2.2 million. This just happens to be the best in the past five years.

Of course the dummy crats were spelling out a gloom and doom senario during the election and as we can clearly see now...it was just another case of wishful thinking on thier part. Thats "Bad wishful" thinking of cousre because bad news is about the only thing that the dummy crats count on to win elections these days.

Oh well, theres always next time. Maybe they can try harder to screw things up for the next election cycle.

196852[/snapback]

I'm a lifelong Republican but I'm also honest. Just to keep up with the number of new entries into the workforce each month we must create 150,000 jobs. In reality (Not spin) we only created 7,000 jobs this month which is abissmal and something that Democrats will be beating us over the head with.

This was the first election in my lifetime I was unable to vote for President because of the directionh this country is heading in.

Have you seen what is happening to the dollar? Every investor I know is saying we are in for a "hard landing" whatever that is and these are fellow die-hard Republicans. They all believe we are heading toward a huge financial crisis and there won't be any way to push the blame onto anyone but ourselves.

This may be an unpopular opinion but George W. Bush will go down in history as the person who destroyed the Republican Party, mark my words. No will ever trust us to run this country again if this economy begins to collapse under the weight of these deficits. Same goes for SS "reform". If the Democrats had half a brain they let Bush run through his plan without their support and once it fails and with it goes our economy they will beat us over the head with it for a couple of generations. Don't take my word for it, ask Newt Gingrich. He's completely against it for the same reason.

I'm a lifelong Republican but I'm also honest.  Just to keep up with the number of new entries into the workforce each month we must create 150,000 jobs.  In reality (Not spin) we only created 7,000 jobs this month which is abissmal and something that Democrats will be beating us over the head with.

This was the first election in my lifetime I was unable to vote for President because of the directionh this country is heading in.

Have you seen what is happening to the dollar?  Every investor I know is saying we are in for a "hard landing" whatever that is and these are fellow die-hard Republicans.  They all believe we are heading toward a huge financial crisis and there won't be any way to push the blame onto anyone but ourselves.

This may be an unpopular opinion but George W. Bush will go down in history as the person who destroyed the Republican Party, mark my words.  No will ever trust us to run this country again if this economy begins to collapse under the weight of these deficits.  Same goes for SS "reform".  If the Democrats had half a brain they let Bush run through his plan without their support and once it fails and with it goes our economy they will beat us over the head with it for a couple of generations.  Don't take my word for it, ask Newt Gingrich.  He's completely against it for the same reason.

199034[/snapback]

Maybe Newtie's just preparing his platform for his Presidential run.

I agree that maybe letting Bush run SS into the ground would be a good idea except for two things: that man and his cronies NEVER admit error. They'd tell you that's what they intended all along. Second, there are people's lives involved. I personally have tried to save for retirement assuming I won't get any SS, just in case. But there are other people who can't, and what will happen to them?

I'm a lifelong Republican but I'm also honest.  Just to keep up with the number of new entries into the workforce each month we must create 150,000 jobs.  In reality (Not spin) we only created 7,000 jobs this month which is abissmal and something that Democrats will be beating us over the head with.

Have you seen what is happening to the dollar?  Every investor I know is saying we are in for a "hard landing" whatever that is and these are fellow die-hard Republicans.  They all believe we are heading toward a huge financial crisis and there won't be any way to push the blame onto anyone but ourselves.

This may be an unpopular opinion but George W. Bush will go down in history as the person who destroyed the Republican Party, mark my words.  No will ever trust us to run this country again if this economy begins to collapse under the weight of these deficits.  Same goes for SS "reform".  If the Democrats had half a brain they let Bush run through his plan without their support and once it fails and with it goes our economy they will beat us over the head with it for a couple of generations.  Don't take my word for it, ask Newt Gingrich.  He's completely against it for the same reason.

199034[/snapback]

First of all as a life long Republican let me say congradulations. Isn't it a good feeling to be on the winning side? What we like to call the "Right side"

Next, while I somewhat share your thoughts in general, I in no way feel as pesimistic as you do about the state of our country, or our economy. I feel that both are in good hands, and will continue to be served well.

Lets start with the job creation thingy. Over the past 12 months this so called bad economy has produced over 2.2 million jobs. That my friend is greater then any time in the past 5 years. You have to look at the whole picture and not just a snapshot of one month at a time. I can personally tell you, I work in the meat of the manufacturing industry and companies are spending right now on capital improvements and updateing their facilities like almost never before. If these companies felt the least bit hesitant about the near future ( 2 - 3 years ) they would not being spending like this.

As far as investors go, I am not sure who your friends are but most major economists are rather bullish on 2005 and well into 2006. I do not see where you are picking up this negitivity. Mow it is true that there are always those people who are negitive about the market no matter where it stands.....I call them the chicken little...they are always waiting for the other show to drop so to speak. Fact is, most fourtunes are not made that way. Money is made when people see the oppertunities and take advantage of them. Trust me on this one, this is a great time to be on the positive side when investing. For those who are crying about a hrad landing, I believe the same thing was being said just a year or so agao when they were saying we would never see DOW 10,000 again. Yea right.

regarding GWB and how he will be remembered, well we will just have to wait and see on that. Afterall there is still 3.5 years remaining on his watch, and much can and will be done. I just don't subscribe to pesimistic negitive thinking....in my opinion it is for losers who have no hope. Now that is not to say that in 5 or 10 years as we look back, history may paint a different picture. But at least in that case...it will be somewhat based in fact.

Finally regarding SS you can count on the fact that the dummycrats will be nowhere near on board with this one. When was the last time that they initiated any meaningful reform of a social program or introduced one meaningful new program? I am not sure how old you are but trust me, any and every time a leader like GWB has taken the inititive to fix something like this or make meaningful change he has been met with enormous resistance. It is just the way of things. Thats why such men are referred to as LEADERS...they lead. If he was interested in what the polls told him about this issue, it would have been dead on Nov 4th.