Who Can Piss the Farthest...?

just when i started bumming about sitting on the investment sidelines through the debt limit deal this ugly head pops up even more prominently. still think deadlock is a good financial bet but will see. sad that intransigence/stupidity of the warring sides and speculating on the outcomes has become an investment strategy but it surely has..and a rational, if unpredictable one, at that.

Speaking about the looming sequester deadline, Obama said: "My sense is that their basic view is that nothing is important enough to raise taxes on wealthy individuals or corporations, and they would rather see [billions in sequester cuts to social programs]... That's the thing that binds their party together at this point."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/02/obama-helping-rich-only-that-binds-gop-together-157542.html?hp=f2

:lol:

So it was his idea. So the Reps agreed to it. Frankly it was a really freaking good idea. If they hadn't set up sequestration, there'd be no cuts at all!

If he was smart, he'd pull a judo move and congratulate himself.

Yes, it was a super idea...based on POTUS' astute judgement that Congress would resolve the problem prior to the sequestration impact coming home to roost. Every great leader has the pulse of his cohorts carefully gauged..Oh wait, maybe POTUS isn't a.... Nah, can't be.....

I swear there are times watching Obama operate is like watching the old WWF. Every time he steps in front of a camera to explain to the ref how he's the only rational person in the room, I feel like he's paid Captain Lou Albano to wear a John Boehner mask and sneak up behind whack him with a folding chair.

Edited by LABillzFan

pic_cartoon_022013_new_A.jpg

Charles Krauthammer said on tonight’s edition of Special Report that the sequester is causing far more alarm that it merits. “This is the most ridiculously hyped armageddon since the Mayan calendar,” he argued. “This, as you say, can be solved in a day, in an hour, by allowing a transfer of funds.”

Krauthammer went on to say that sequestration remains the subject of controversy because the president “is looking for a fight, and not a solution.”

Well, of course. President Obama is a politician, not a leader; and as such the issue is more valuable to him than the solution.

Yes, it was a super idea...based on POTUS' astute judgement that Congress would resolve the problem prior to the sequestration impact coming home to roost. Every great leader has the pulse of his cohorts carefully gauged..Oh wait, maybe POTUS isn't a.... Nah, can't be.....

The sequestration was agreed to by the right! Both parties bought into this penalty for their own ineptitude. Again, at least they built in some medicine for their idiocies. I hope every spending bill has sequestration built in.

The sequestration was agreed to by the right! Both parties bought into this penalty for their own ineptitude. Again, at least they built in some medicine for their idiocies. I hope every spending bill has sequestration built in.

Obama proposed the sequestration and now is blaming the right for being willing to let it happen. Obama, as he refuses to address the right's solutions, only wraps his arms around political attacks without committing to any solutions.

Obama proposed the sequestration and now is blaming the right for being willing to let it happen. Obama, as he refuses to address the right's solutions, only wraps his arms around political attacks without committing to any solutions.

He's a terrible leader, I get it. But people here are talking like Obama is an idiot just because he came up with the idea for sequestration...when sequestration was a bipartisanly agreed to idea regardless of who came up with it. And...it was a good idea since both sides realized they needed to cut spending and both sides at some level knew they were too messed up to ever get the deal done.

I say Bravo to you Barack Obama for the idea of sequestration, and bravo to the right for making sequestration happen. It was a bipartisan effort that actually cut spending. We need more of that.

He's a terrible leader, I get it. But people here are talking like Obama is an idiot just because he came up with the idea for sequestration...when sequestration was a bipartisanly agreed to idea regardless of who came up with it. And...it was a good idea since both sides realized they needed to cut spending and both sides at some level knew they were too messed up to ever get the deal done.

I say Bravo to you Barack Obama for the idea of sequestration, and bravo to the right for making sequestration happen. It was a bipartisan effort that actually cut spending. We need more of that.

That's fine, but that's a whole 'nother subject. I believe when you responded to my post, I was discussing the politics of the situation. As you know, politics matter, without a doubt, Obama is a master politician, and they have perfected the art of demagoguery, but when it comes to governing, Obama hasn't the slightest clue in how to help produce good results for the economy.

So the question is if you are the opposing party, and you are taking political hits from the president, politically speaking, what do you do?

I don't believe for a moment that Obama feels a need to cut spending. That's the real issue here. Obama never had any intention of cutting spending. He wants an issue he can blame on the other side. If he truly wanted to do something he would address the legislation passed by the House.

That's fine, but that's a whole 'nother subject. I believe when you responded to my post, I was discussing the politics of the situation. As you know, politics matter, without a doubt, Obama is a master politician, and they have perfected the art of demagoguery, but when it comes to governing, Obama hasn't the slightest clue in how to help produce good results for the economy.

So the question is if you are the opposing party, and you are taking political hits from the president, politically speaking, what do you do?

"This is not the plan we wanted to cut spending but it is a start. When the debt ceiling negotiation comes around in a few weeks, we will build sequestration into that too if we can't agree to more cuts. This president is not serious about cutting spending but we are [a lie]."

What nobody has talked about is while the cuts hurt some of things the Dems like, they kick in more gradually there than they do in defense..and while the Dems don't want to slash defense the way this will they want to cut it but the Repubs want next to nothing...and in the end defense will be more cliff like while most states unemployment and welfare will be months away from significant check cuts