Trade draft picks for next year picks.

Gasjuggler

Would you trade as many draft picks this years for next year picks to stock pile picks to make a trade for next years # 1 ? Talking heads say Johnny Manziel will declare for the nfl draft next year. he would be eligible. It would probably take at least 2 # 1s plus To acquire the first over all pick ala RG3.

this years draft has some excellent OL LB WR and DL talent

SO another team moving up to us @ #8 is a bit of stretch but we could ask for next years 1st and a swap of 1sts this year. this could set us up for a bold move upwards for a QB in 2014

however we still have to take a QB this year

Edited by shibuya

this years draft has some excellent OL LB WR and DL talent

SO another team moving up to us @ #8 is a bit of stretch but we could ask for next years 1st and a swap of 1sts this year. this could set us up for a bold move upwards for a QB in 2014

however we still have to take a QB this year

draft a QB. Don't play him in 2013. At least start him. Let him learn to be a backup. Then get Manziel or a QB next year if we can. It sounds awful. It is awful. But it may be best.

Buddy is going to pick Geno Smith with 9 seconds gone on the clock and smile and say "we couldn't believe he was still there"...."he was the number one guy on our board". There will be no trading.

And that would be wrong how? Seriously, I don't know that much about this years QBs but all I have heard is he is one of the top 3 and then there is a drop off in talent. Or they are all bad to middling and some might develop but him and Barkley are the best 2. If they draft one that early (which I am honestly am inclined to think they should) why not one of the best 2. Every year it seems that the discussion is this years crop sucks (except last year, when it was this is the year of the QB). Somehow most of the teams with elite QBs didn't all get them during a last year type draft though.

They can and should move up to draft another next year too if they think he is better. Where is the harm in that?

no to Manziel...sorry, just dont see his game translating to the NFL - hes a runner, first and foremost....and will get killed in the NFL trying that (dont give me the russell wilson or even RG3 comparisons, both of them were better passers and passers first than Manziel) - and name me ONE NFL QB who was a runner first and won super bowls/had a pro bowl career???

Would you trade as many draft picks this years for next year picks to stock pile picks to make a trade for next years # 1 ? Talking heads say Johnny Manziel will declare for the nfl draft next year. he would be eligible. It would probably take at least 2 # 1s plus To acquire the first over all pick ala RG3.

What makes you think you could trade into the top spots to get your dream franchise QB?

Do you think Indy would have traded out and given up Luck?

And that would be wrong how? Seriously, I don't know that much about this years QBs but all I have heard is he is one of the top 3 and then there is a drop off in talent. Or they are all bad to middling and some might develop but him and Barkley are the best 2. If they draft one that early (which I am honestly am inclined to think they should) why not one of the best 2. Every year it seems that the discussion is this years crop sucks (except last year, when it was this is the year of the QB). Somehow most of the teams with elite QBs didn't all get them during a last year type draft though.

They can and should move up to draft another next year too if they think he is better. Where is the harm in that?

Nothing if it's a good pick.

All the talk of Buddy trading up or back in the 1st round is probably wasted. The guy just doesn't look to trade. But he'll probably make me a liar and trade this year's 1,2 and next year's 1 for Geno Smith.

no to Manziel...sorry, just dont see his game translating to the NFL - hes a runner, first and foremost....and will get killed in the NFL trying that (dont give me the russell wilson or even RG3 comparisons, both of them were better passers and passers first than Manziel) - and name me ONE NFL QB who was a runner first and won super bowls/had a pro bowl career???

Oh good grief where to start...

You do realize that Manziel, as a redshirt Freshman nonetheless, averaged 33.4 pass attempts per game last year. Right? And he completed 68% of those passes...Sure he'll take off and run a lot...But to say he's only a run 1st QB is WAY off...He can do both...And he can do both VERY well...Manziel is an incredible passer considering it was his 1st year as a starter...If he continues to improve in that area the kid will be the next Montana...He has that kind of potential... B-)