Jets Begin Cuts

Peter

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only hope that we can get them on the cheap, if we get them at all.

To all those people crying "6-10 rejects" I would like to point out that the Jets have had a top 10 defense for the entire time Rex/Pettine were in NY. Their offense has been atrocious, which has cancelled all of that out, but having people who immediately know the scheme is a plus in my book.

To all those people crying "6-10 rejects" I would like to point out that the Jets have had a top 10 defense for the entire time Rex/Pettine were in NY. Their offense has been atrocious, which has cancelled all of that out, but having people who immediately know the scheme is a plus in my book.

This is why Scott makes a ton of sense.

He was the heart of the Jets D, knows the scheme like the back of his hand. He would be a coach on the field. He could help tremendously in the play calling and alignements for the players. He also knows the Pats, Phins, and Jets first hand from playing against them ever year.

Is he what he once was? Nope. He will be 33 to start the year. a 3 year $10 mil deal with $5-6 gauranteed sounds fair.

I would take him over resigning Merriman and also look at cutting Kelsay.

they were 20th in scoring last year...

which isnt all on them, but....

This is why Scott makes a ton of sense.

He was the heart of the Jets D, knows the scheme like the back of his hand. He would be a coach on the field. He could help tremendously in the play calling and alignements for the players. He also knows the Pats, Phins, and Jets first hand from playing against them ever year.

Is he what he once was? Nope. He will be 33 to start the year. a 3 year $10 mil deal with $5-6 gauranteed sounds fair.

I would take him over resigning Merriman and also look at cutting Kelsay.

i wouldnt say he was the heart of that defense.... he wasnt even a 3 down player.

he might have been the voice of it though, as he was always good for a quote.

As much as signing Bart Scott appeals to me...it would be Bart Scott from 5 years ago. Signing aging vets will only be a stop gap measure. Scott os not the answer to the Bills problems. Smith would fill a need in depth.

As much as signing Bart Scott appeals to me...it would be Bart Scott from 5 years ago. Signing aging vets will only be a stop gap measure. Scott os not the answer to the Bills problems. Smith would fill a need in depth.

As much it pains me to say it: The Bills probably won't win the Super Bowl next year. So why isn't a stop-gap a viable solution? Particularly one who knows the defense, makes the calls and can provide some locker room/on-field hutzpah?

Your point is well taken but to counter it I will go out on a limb and assume the Bills wil draft a ILB early. I am not sure Nix and company have given up on Sheppard. Scott would not like to sit so you would have a younger player sit.

I would only be interested in DeVito and Pouha, if they're realeased, of course. Eric Smith and Landry are horrendous in coverage and both Pace and Scott are past their primes. I would understand, though, if Pettine tries to bring one of those four players.

I would only be interested in DeVito and Pouha, if they're realeased, of course. Eric Smith and Landry are horrendous in coverage and both Pace and Scott are past their primes. I would understand, though, if Pettine tries to bring one of those four players.

Thats a bit closer to reality. i would take devito.

but the rest ? only other player of interest might be landry but thats a lot of money in the secondary.

so no thank you at this point. especially not scott, he's done.

LOL...."Say....What about that Maybin guy?"

ALOL...

I just pictured the absolute shitshow TSW would become if Pettine brought in Maybin.

It would become an absolute flamefest swinging like a pendulum between "OMFGFIREEVERYONEKILLRALPHANDBURNDOWNTHEBUILDING!!!1!1!!1one!1!!!!evelenty-one1!!11!!!!11!" and "I've heard of em'! Get er' done OBD!"

The entire board would render itself completely unreadable for 3 months.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

they were 20th in scoring last year...

which isnt all on them, but....

i wouldnt say he was the heart of that defense.... he wasnt even a 3 down player.

he might have been the voice of it though, as he was always good for a quote.

He seemed to me to be the leader on that D. To me that singifies the heart. Maybe a different opinion on what 'heart' is. I know and recognize his play is not what it was. The Bills right now have zero LB's with any real experience. Sheppard is there but has been average at best.

The "three down player" in football is much akin to the "five tool prospect" in baseball. They're great if you can find them, but they're hardly nessecary, and often an expensive luxury item.

We live in the age of specialization, my friend.

They are castoffs because the Jets GM kept thinking they where one player away. He spent too much on about 6 players.

He also failed to recognize how bad his QB is. Much like the Bills and Fitz.

If people got IP banned for this sort of derailing language, this board would be a much better place.

STOP DOING THAT.