Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert A Metrics breakdown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have much more higher upsides than guys like Barkley, Nassib and Dysert. A big reason is because they're both fast and athletic. That is the future of the NFL and it's not going to go away.

The Future of the NFL is the same as the past, QB's who complete passes and win games. Athletic is overated, the Manning brothers aren't "athletic" they both won Superbowls, Joe Flacco isn't "athletic" and beat your "athletic" QB in a Superbowl and Tommy Brady isn't "athletic". Athletic is popular until some LB breaks them in half when they scrambling downfield.

Thanks for the link......very interesting. The other links on their site are worth a read too......I've now bookmarked them.

Side note: I've noticed that this time of year brings out a lot of occasional TBD posters......most of which seem to want to throw up their dogmatic views without thought or consideration.

You however certainly do not fall into this category of poster.

In case nobody said so when you first joined......welcome. :thumbsup:

Quit flirting with the online girl. Did you learn nothing from the teo thread? Billsgrl is almost certainly a 20-something gay Samoan man.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thank you for the link.

And please feel free to ignore that blowhard; everybody else does ; -)

You can't ignore him totally. Some of his posts are pure gold.

Edited by NoSaint

Rivers is 6'5" and Nassib is 6"2", that's a big difference.

Also, Rivers once had the ability to avoid the pass rush with his legs (don't know if he still does but he has the worst line in the league along with the Cards). Nassib doesn't appear to posses the speed and natural athletic ability to avoid the pass rush at the NFL level.

So I think it's a big stretch to compare Rivers and Nassib. A much better comparison would be Nassib to Andy Dalton. A guy who will never get into the NFL top ten QB list and will forever be a longshot to get his team to a Superbowl.

Dalton is a multi year pro bowl QB already. Threw more TD's this year than Eli, Big Ben, Russel Wilson to name a few and that's with a sketchy O-line and a lukewarm running attack. Led a loser squad to the playoffs twice. If Nassib=Andy Dalton we would take him in a heartbeat.

I know he sucked in the playoff game against the Texans, but they just couldn't stop Houston's pass rush, like most teams in the league.

Dalton is a multi year pro bowl QB already. Threw more TD's this year than Eli, Big Ben, Russel Wilson to name a few and that's with a sketchy O-line and a lukewarm running attack. Led a loser squad to the playoffs twice. If Nassib=Andy Dalton we would take him in a heartbeat.

I know he sucked in the playoff game against the Texans, but they just couldn't stop Houston's pass rush, like most teams in the league.

You just rocked his post!

oh yes that is right........they all suck.....until they don't and then let the post fly about how Nix sucks because he didn't draft (insert name) in 2013

you're learning.

Thank you for the link.

And please feel free to ignore that blowhard; everybody else does ; -)

you just can't stand it that I'm right.

Quit flirting with the online girl. Did you learn nothing from the teo thread? Billsgrl is almost certainly a 20-something gay Samoan man.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

thank you, my most frequent poster :flirt:

more descriptive thread titles please. this one could have been literally anything

how about just using what they gave you: Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert: A Metrics Breakdown

you can still change it by editing the post and choosing advanced options

ok

ahahahahaha not 20 not gay man :)

oh yes that is right........they all suck.....until they don't and then let the post fly about how Nix sucks because he didn't draft (insert name) in 2013

Not to worry, there were lots of words there and multiple links so b b got confused. It's either that or he's going on record that all WRs and QBs in this draft suck.

more descriptive thread titles please. this one could have been literally anything

how about just using what they gave you: Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert: A Metrics Breakdown

you can still change it by editing the post and choosing advanced options

Better?

you're learni

thank you, my most frequent poster :flirt

Could you give me a reason that you fell all of the Qbs and Wrs in the draft suck tho? I have a hard time with the because I said so reasoning :):

you're learni

thank you, my most frequent poster :flirt

Could you give me a reason that you fell all of the Qbs and Wrs in the draft suck tho? I have a hard time with the because I said so reasoning :):

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

Dalton is a multi year pro bowl QB already. Threw more TD's this year than Eli, Big Ben, Russel Wilson to name a few and that's with a sketchy O-line and a lukewarm running attack. Led a loser squad to the playoffs twice. If Nassib=Andy Dalton we would take him in a heartbeat.I know he sucked in the playoff game against the Texans, but they just couldn't stop Houston's pass rush, like most teams in the league.

We???? You should speak for yourself next time. Intelligent football fans know that Andy Dalton is an average QB who's already hit his ceiling. Even Bengal fans know this. I would like to think that most Bills fans here would not want Dalton as their "QB of the future". If any did, then they would be admitting that they are ok with accepting mediocre at the most important and critical position in the NFL. You can fool yourself with silly "he made pro bowl appearances" and stat comparisons all you want. Dalton is AVERAGE,. It's insulting to fans here that you even mention his name next to Eli, Ben and Russell. Four Superbowl wins and a prodigious QB talent. You're comparing Andy Dalton to that? Really? There was a time when Bills fans accepted nothing less than having one of the best at that position. I believe that they still feel this way.

Now if the Bills FO thinks the way that you do, then we as fans are all in trouble since the next great winning era of the Buffalo Bills will no doubt be years and years away from becoming reality.

Edited by 1billsfan

I don't think there is an (insert name) in this draft. There was a big groundswell for Kaepernick on this board and a lot of support for Wilson. Yeah, there may be a decent QB in this year's draft, but if Buddy couldn't pull the trigger on Kaepernick over Aaron Williams, or Russell Wilson over TJ Graham, what makes you think he's going to find him?

I don't think there is an (insert name) in this draft. There was a big groundswell for Kaepernick on this board and a lot of support for Wilson. Yeah, there may be a decent QB in this year's draft, but if Buddy couldn't pull the trigger on Kaepernick over Aaron Williams, or Russell Wilson over TJ Graham, what makes you think he's going to find him?

I am not convinced that he will actually find him..........just that he will atleast try. I am also convinced there will be that guy that ends up being great in the NFL....not because I know this for a fact.....but because it happens. There are almost always guys in the draft who fly under the radar, and become great

Edited by buffalobillsgrl