Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert A Metrics breakdown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting but they are all bums, pass.

that was teir 2 qbs if you go on the site there was also teir one qbs as well as wr's tier 1 and 2.

So I am going to go ahead and assume, that because it was posted on buffalorumblings that you hurried thru and skimmed the article and skipped over the end where the link was.

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

http://www.buffaloru...trics-breakdown

Great breakdown and if you follow the link to the website there is a lot more:) Hope I posted this right.

That is a great breakdown! The thing that separates EJ Manuel from the other two is his size, speed and athleticism. The ability to extend plays and avoid pass rushers is a gigantic plus in the NFL. To me, guys like Nassib and Dysert will be backup QBs at the next level because the are so one dimensional. They're throwbacks to a different time period when it was ok to have an unathletic QB. I know that Flacco, Brady and Manning aren't very athletic, but they're the very rare exceptions.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have much more higher upsides than guys like Barkley, Nassib and Dysert. A big reason is because they're both fast and athletic. That is the future of the NFL and it's not going to go away.

That is a great breakdown! The thing that separates EJ Manuel from the other two is his size, speed and athleticism. The ability to extend plays and avoid pass rushers is a gigantic plus in the NFL. To me, guys like Nassib and Dysert will be backup QBs at the next level because the are so one dimensional. They're throwbacks to a different time period when it was ok to have an unathletic QB. I know that Flacco, Brady and Manning aren't very athletic, but they're the very rare exceptions.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have much more higher upsides than guys like Barkley, Nassib and Dysert. A big reason is because they're both fast and athletic. That is the future of the NFL and it's not going to go away.

I have checked their website and love it....especially with all the talk of analyitics they also break down teir 1 qbs and teit 1 and 2 wr's.....good stuff

Nassib reminds me of Philip Rivers the more I see him. I will never understand what was so great about Rivers in the draft. Just the same I will never understand why Nassib is not more highly thought of...hmmph.

Rivers is 6'5" and Nassib is 6"2", that's a big difference.

Also, Rivers once had the ability to avoid the pass rush with his legs (don't know if he still does but he has the worst line in the league along with the Cards). Nassib doesn't appear to posses the speed and natural athletic ability to avoid the pass rush at the NFL level.

So I think it's a big stretch to compare Rivers and Nassib. A much better comparison would be Nassib to Andy Dalton. A guy who will never get into the NFL top ten QB list and will forever be a longshot to get his team to a Superbowl.

that was teir 2 qbs if you go on the site there was also teir one qbs as well as wr's tier 1 and 2.

So I am going to go ahead and assume, that because it was posted on buffalorumblings that you hurried thru and skimmed the article and skipped over the end where the link was.

Don't care, I watched them plenty and that's all the scouting I need, still bums.

If it came down to those three for the Bills, I'm taking Manuel all day here why:

1. He's been describe as a student of the game & a leader. He had young players at the skilled positions this year and never thru them under the bus for not running proper route. Also at the start of the year his mom was diagnosed with cancer and he gutted it out hanging tough while getting off to a bad start.

2. Size, height & athleticism in comparison to the other two.He's closer to a bigger stronger version of R. Wilson, IMO.

3. Career starts against better competition and conference opponents.

4. From these stats provided, he appears to spread the ball down the field better...

oh yes that is right........they all suck.....until they don't and then let the post fly about how Nix sucks because he didn't draft (insert name) in 2013

Thank you for the link.

And please feel free to ignore that blowhard; everybody else does ; -)

Rivers is 6'5" and Nassib is 6"2", that's a big difference.

Also, Rivers once had the ability to avoid the pass rush with his legs (don't know if he still does but he has the worst line in the league along with the Cards). Nassib doesn't appear to posses the speed and natural athletic ability to avoid the pass rush at the NFL level.

So I think it's a big stretch to compare Rivers and Nassib. A much better comparison would be Nassib to Andy Dalton. A guy who will never get into the NFL top ten QB list and will forever be a longshot to get his team to a Superbowl.

I don't remember it about Philips. Then again, I just remembered that Flutie once started on that team with Rivers. :lol: The height, alright, the speed, the etc... but in the passing - the mechanics, the ability to put the ball long and move it across the field East to West, not just up and down.

Great breakdown and if you follow the link to the website there is a lot more:) Hope I posted this right.

Thanks for the link......very interesting. The other links on their site are worth a read too......I've now bookmarked them.

Side note: I've noticed that this time of year brings out a lot of occasional TBD posters......most of which seem to want to throw up their dogmatic views without thought or consideration.

You however certainly do not fall into this category of poster.

In case nobody said so when you first joined......welcome. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the link.

And please feel free to ignore that blowhard; everybody else does ; -)

noted thank you:) and i have gotten used to that type of stuff. One of the reasons i joined in the first place was so i could say something lol I have been checking TBD for months reading the threads

Thanks for the link......very interesting. The other links on their site are worth a read too......I've now bookmarked them.

Side note: I've noticed that this time of year brings out a lot of occasional TBD posters......most of which seem to want to throw up their dogmatic views without thought or consideration.

You however certainly do not fall into this category of poster.

In case nobody said so when you first joined......welcome. :thumbsup:

Thank you:)

I say "pass' on qb's this year ,build up o-line the next couple years , then draft Jim Kelly's nephew Chad Kelly from Clemson !

Our OL i think is in decent shape. A huge problem in the past has been passing way too often on QB's. I say we go the opposite approach and put as many QB's as we can on the team for training camp. We have 90 spots to fill......why not have 5 QB's and start making cuts from there.

It looks to me like from a purely athletic standpoint that Tyler Bray has to be put in the "high upside conversation" along with EJ and Geno.

The dude you need to keep an eye on from the athletic standpoint is Arizonas Matt Scott. He's going to destroy the combine.

more descriptive thread titles please. this one could have been literally anything

how about just using what they gave you: Scouting Nassib, Manuel, and Dysert: A Metrics Breakdown

you can still change it by editing the post and choosing advanced options