Colin Brown re-signed

Dr. Trooth

And per PFT here are the terms:

Colin Brown, who would have been a restricted free agent, has signed a two-year, $1.445 million contract, per a source with knowledge of the deal.

Brown received a signing bonus of $25,000. He’ll earn a base salary of $630,000 in 2013, along with $30,000 workout bonus. The deal contains a split salary of $358,000, which will be paid in the event Brown lands on injured reserve.

For 2014, Brown has a base salary of $730,000 and a workout bonus of $30,000.

http://profootballta...ory/rumor-mill/

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I have a feeling if the Bills are successful in re-signing Levitre that Rhinehart will be gone.

I think Rhinehart stays only if we lose Levitre.

Just my gut.

makes sense, but would love to keep both. However, if Levitre goes, Rhinehart will be our starting LG next season.

Rinehart is really, really good depth. He could start on many teams in this league at RG. Its why we don't notice a huge drop off when he comes in to play. But neither he nor Urbik is wellsuited for LG. Its why we need Levitre to be resigned

For basically a scrub and a trivial contract, I still will never be able to imagine making such a large amount of money.

That's funny because my impression of the terms was completely the opposite.

I've never heard of a modern-day NFL player only getting a $25,000 signing bonus.

His workout bonus is $30,000 which is also pretty meager and I've never heard of a "split salary" where he only gets half of his veteran minimum if he lands on IR. In fact in a game like football that strikes me as very unfair and I would hope the NFLPA has taken notice of this.

Who ever heard of a split salary?

That's funny because my impression of the terms was completely the opposite.

I've never heard of a modern-day NFL player only getting a $25,000 signing bonus.

His workout bonus is $30,000 which is also pretty meager and I've never heard of a "split salary" where he only gets half of his veteran minimum if he lands on IR. In fact in a game like football that strikes me as very unfair and I would hope the NFLPA has taken notice of this.

Who ever heard of a split salary?

Regardless, I would love to have these problems.

I think it is a good move, he is a giant guy and he can really be a road grater in the run blocking department. Also a LT that plays center when needed, nice versatility.

I agree, the man-love to performance ratio for Eric Wood around here is a bit too high and when Wood tore his acl a couple of years ago I think too much was made of Brown not playing well in his place. He held his own, and as you stated he is an enormous guy on a dirt cheap contract. And I like the two year aspect of the deal. In the event that Brown has to play in place of an injured Eric Wood(a good possibility) and Brown performs well enough as a starter, the Bills would have him under contract when Wood is hitting free agency next year, which gives them options. The odds are against that happening, but so was Scott Chandler ever making it and he has been a solid starter. It's a small deal, but I appreciate deals that make sense and this one does, IMO.

I agree, the man-love to performance ratio for Eric Wood around here is a bit too high and when Wood tore his acl a couple of years ago I think too much was made of Brown not playing well in his place. He held his own, and as you stated he is an enormous guy on a dirt cheap contract. And I like the two year aspect of the deal. In the event that Brown has to play in place of an injured Eric Wood(a good possibility) and Brown performs well enough as a starter, the Bills would have him under contract when Wood is hitting free agency next year, which gives them options. The odds are against that happening, but so was Scott Chandler ever making it and he has been a solid starter. It's a small deal, but I appreciate deals that make sense and this one does, IMO.

I think that this was a great signing for the reasons that you mentioned. Frankly, I am surprised that the got him at this low price. Btw, do you think that they will be able to sign Levitre? I know that it could be done, but if my life depended on it I am thinking that he walks.