Do we need another DE?

Frez

I think we need to push our DE's along. It's a position that you always looking to improve and bring along if you want to reach the playoffs/Superbowl...

We will definately see some new stock at DE this off-season, albeit I have a hunch this will be predominantly as camp fodder, given the extension that Schobel signed at the start of the season and the improvement seen in Kelsay and Denney.

Ritzmann could well hold the key to good development from this group. He is meant to be well rated by the coaching staff and if he is recovered, could push along the development of the other 3 guys.

What I am certain of is, that we will not go into next September with more than 4 DE's on the roster. I think Schobel, Kelsay and Denney are locks to return so the #4 spot is really what we are talking about. I suspect we'll see a bit of a merry-go-round for that spot over the next few months and I think we'll settle on a guy who has good size rather than out and out quickness to bolster our run support...

I wouldn't use another high pick on a DE, given our more pressing needs at other positions. Schobel and Kelsay are more than adequate as starters, and Denney is a nice backup. I see both Ritzmann and Osunde as having some potential, and one emerging as a decent 4th guy next year.

I think Schobel, Kelsay and Denney are locks to return so the #4 spot is really what we are talking about. I suspect we'll see a bit of a merry-go-round for that spot over the next few months and I think we'll settle on a guy who has good size rather than out and out quickness to bolster our run support...

196675[/snapback]

i'm with you.......3 spots are locked up so we're talking about the #4 spot, and how much playing time will the #4 get?........forget DE, we have bigger fish to fry......no need to invest cap dollars or a high draft pick.......