A Case For Eisenhower Conservatism

Dean Cain

Socially, fiscally, militarily, need I go on?

The blowback to 50s social conservatism spawned hippies. It was easy to be fiscally prudent when the rest of the Western world was in rubble, yet he did nothing to dismantle the New Deal. He also embarked on massive public infrastructure projects that are huge budget busters today.

And what was the conservative angle of the Eisenhower Doctrine that gave us the Cold War, empowered CIA as the global secret police and set the stage for geopolitical alignments that are still being fought today?

Sometimes nostalgia needs to confront history.

The blowback to 50s social conservatism spawned hippies. It was easy to be fiscally prudent when the rest of the Western world was in rubble, yet he did nothing to dismantle the New Deal. He also embarked on massive public infrastructure projects that are huge budget busters today.

And what was the conservative angle of the Eisenhower Doctrine that gave us the Cold War, empowered CIA as the global secret police and set the stage for geopolitical alignments that are still being fought today?

If Eisenhower dismantled the New Deal he would have been a one-term President. At the time the New Deal cost tax payers a few percent on the first thousands unlikely today's rates & cap. It constituted a minimal part of the budget and contributed only to long term debt, but he did not raid the trust fund like JFK & Johnson did to fight Vietnam.

The national highway system was also a military mobilization project Eisenhower adopted from the German autobahn.

Eisenhower also checked the over zealous McCarthites from turning the US into a police state.

He governed from the center and was extremely effective & popular.

You're leaving out the most important part of Eisenhower's presidency.

He sent federals to Little Rock, Arkansas to help desegregate the public schools there, and he invented the Internet before Al Gore did.

Even bigger...

February 1954 at Holloman AFB in New Mexico. Eisenhower met with several representatives of an advanced species of ETs. During that meeting several treaties were signed with the visitors in exchange for technology that the Military Industrial Complex has kept hidden for decades. The kind of technology and power that has the ability to reshape our entire world and economy.

Less than 7 years later, Eisenhower issued a stern warning against the MIC and the "disastrous rise of misplaced power" that threatens "our liberties and democratic process"...

Even bigger...

February 1954 at Holloman AFB in New Mexico. Eisenhower met with several representatives of an advanced species of ETs. During that meeting several treaties were signed with the visitors in exchange for technology that the Military Industrial Complex has kept hidden for decades. The kind of technology and power that has the ability to reshape our entire world and economy.

Less than 7 years later, Eisenhower issued a stern warning against the MIC and the "disastrous rise of misplaced power" that threatens "our liberties and democratic process"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

And it was a good thing that he did. My sources have informed me that this power was responsible for our ability to avert the apocalypse foretold by the Mayans.

Sure. Don't adjust your set.

Did you listen to the Congressman's testimony?

And it was a good thing that he did. My sources have informed me that this power was responsible for our ability to avert the apocalypse foretold by the Mayans.

I heard that one too. But everyone knows it's bunk. Disinformation to keep their agenda alive.

Edited by We Come In Peace