A Case For Eisenhower Conservatism

Dean Cain

Pretty honest assessment:

"Indeed, Republicans’ silence on the matter of Eisenhower’s legacy says volumes about how far the party has come since his day. Rather than claim ownership over his legacy, they have abandoned it entirely, to the detriment of their party and their country."

"The conservative movement that has taken over the GOP was nursed on hatred of Eisenhower’s moderation."

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/politics/101442/dwight-eisenhower-memorial-controversy

Pretty honest assessment:

"Indeed, Republicans' silence on the matter of Eisenhower's legacy says volumes about how far the party has come since his day. Rather than claim ownership over his legacy, they have abandoned it entirely, to the detriment of their party and their country."

"The conservative movement that has taken over the GOP was nursed on hatred of Eisenhower's moderation."

http://www.newrepubl...ial-controversy

Finding it difficult to stay in character as a fake conservative?

Finding it difficult to stay in character as a fake conservative?

Lol..............that the first impression that I got too

His "look how over the top conservatives are" schtick wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Edited by B-Man

Lol..............that the first impression that I got too

His "look how over the top conservatives are" schtick wasn't going anywhere anyway.

He's like the liberal who goes to the Tea Party rally and calls for the death of abortion doctors in order to try to give the Tea Party a bad name. These guys periodically come around PPP and think they can pull off this schit. Amateurs.

He's like the liberal who goes to the Tea Party rally and calls for the death of abortion doctors in order to try to give the Tea Party a bad name. These guys periodically come around PPP and think they can pull off this schit. Amateurs.

I don't have an opinion either way on your assertions about the poster; however I will point out that he's not wrong on this front. Eisenhower was the last truely conservative president we've had.

Geoffrey Kabaservice is the author of Rule and Ruin: The Downfall of Moderation and the Destruction of the Republican Party, from Eisenhower to the Tea Party.

Sounds more like our quote author is trying to sell some books....................................

Geoffrey Kabaservice is the author of Rule and Ruin: The Downfall of Moderation and the Destruction of the Republican Party, from Eisenhower to the Tea Party.

Sounds more like our quote author is trying to sell some books....................................

Unlike the purely objective quotes you use from men and women just trying to preach the truth, correct? :lol::doh:

Unlike the purely objective quotes you use from men and women just trying to preach the truth, correct? :lol::doh:

No.

Thats a pretty standard, simplistic retort that been tried many, many times against my posts.

they are offered mainly because, it is likely that many posters here have not read them, in your particular case, read to them,

you can absorb them or not, it makes no difference to me.

No.

Thats a pretty standard, simplistic retort that been tried many, many times against my posts.

they are offered mainly because, it is likely that many posters here have not read them, in your particular case, read to them,

you can absorb them or not, it makes no difference to me.

But in fact I have read them for months and months and months. Your sources are every bit as driven by trying to push copy as any other MSM source. Sorry. Thems the facts.

I don't have an opinion either way on your assertions about the poster; however I will point out that he's not wrong on this front. Eisenhower was the last truely conservative president we've had.

Go back and read it over. The OP posted a link that opines that the Republican party has moved to the right of the moderate Eisenhower. The OP will next be saying that we need Huntsman to save us.

But in fact I have read them for months and months and months. Your sources are every bit as driven by trying to push copy as any other MSM source. Sorry. Thems the facts.

You realize (or perhaps not)

That you just referred to your own opinion of the "months and months" worth of articles that you read as "the facts"

Sorry, you do not rate any more responses.

Go back and read it over. The OP posted a link that opines that the Republican party has moved to the right of the moderate Eisenhower. The OP will next be saying that we need Huntsman to save us.

I would encourage you to reach out to Colin Powell, or Condi Rice.

You realize (or perhaps not)

That you just referred to your own opinion of the "months and months" worth of articles that you read as "the facts"

Sorry, you do not rate any more responses.

It's not an opinion if it's objectively quantifiable.

So you're wrong not once but twice. The delusion is strong in you. I approve.

I would encourage you to reach out to Colin Powell, or Condi Rice.

Didn't you mean to say "my fellow conservative, I would encourage you to reach out to Colin Powell or Condi Rice"? You see, you must keep calling yourself a conservative so we who really are will get your point that Colin Powell is a true conservative that voted for Obama because of his conservatism.

Any article that posits that political preferance is on a line, rather than an x/y axis, is bunk anyhow. Additionally all of our leadership today, both Republican and Democrat, profile as economically leftist statists when compared to Eisenhower.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Any article that posits that political preferance is on a line, rather than an x/y axis, is bunk anyhow. Additionally all of our leadership today, both Republican and Democrat, profile as economically leftist statists when compared to Eisenhower.

JFK was more conservative than anyone since Reagan.

JFK was more conservative than anyone since Reagan.

Eisenhower was more conservative than JFK. Honestly don't know why so many supposed conservatives on this board can't say they like & agree that Eisenhower was a great conservative president.

Eisenhower was more conservative than JFK. Honestly don't know why so many supposed conservatives on this board can't say they like & agree that Eisenhower was a great conservative president.

Again, by what standard? Oliver stone doesn't count.