Deserted Island...3 things

BringBackFergy

1. Katarina Witt

2. Pizza and Beer

3. Any ABC affiliate, so I can watch Jeopardy and still get the news at 6 and 11.

I always had a crush on her too

1. I need to think on this one a bit...too many to chose from, but because she is top of mind right now, that Aussie hurdler....

2. Tomatoes(so i can harvest the seeds), Fresh Water

3. Discovery so I can watch Dual Survival, Bear Grylls and Les Stroud to get pointers on what to do

No beef? No pizza? No wings? I suppose if you find a wild boar, Les Stroud can teach you how to kill it and cut out the ribs so you have that goin for ya...which is nice.

1. My wife. Yeah it's Valentine's Day

2. Rib Eye steaks and Petrus

3. !@#$ the TV.

Yes, my wife as well...but a guy can dream.

What is Petrus? Some kind of beer?

I'm going to say my Fiancé if I'm picking anyone. If I've gotta pick some famous chick for everyone's vision I am going to say Kate Beckinsale probably. Maybe Tiffany Amber Theisan (however its spelled).

For food it will probably be Bocce pizza with pepperoni and to drink it would be McDonalds fountain Coke.

As far as TV channels its a tough one. Most likely it would be Comedy Central for South Park, Tosh, Futurama, Scrubs but you also get news with Colbert and Stewart.

It might be a last minute decision because if Sons of Anarchy and Inked were on at the time of the crash of probably want FX, and if Dexter and Homeland were on I'd probably want Showtime.

On another funny note to this topic, when I worked for a company in the past, they put us into groups of 5-6 and told us we had to chose 4 things we needed to survive. I wa in a group with 4 other guys and 1 girl and we came to our decision in about 5 minutes in the hour long excersize. We picked a solar powered generator, a TV/DVD combo, and the box set of MacGuyver. Thinking anything that we would need to survive in any situation we could learn from watching MacGuyver, and the one girl in the group really wanted a hair dryer.

We were all given failing grades on that excersize.

Why McDonalds fountain Coke? Is there a difference between that and say...bottled Coke? or even Coke at Subway??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The soda at fast food chains (or any restaurant fountain probably) tends to be watered down. I prefer the taste too.

im not sure if its watered down but yes, the fountain Coke at McDonalds is much tastier to me than anywhere else, including bottled Coke. Not sure what it is, but I'm addicted. Usually get at least one large every day from there. No wonder why I'm so damn fat.

One of the most famous first growth Bordeaux wines that I have never had but can only dream about. That is what this thread is about. I can only imagine how well it would go with a properly seared rare ribeye. :thumbsup:

Off topic...Is a ribeye the best cut of beef ??(other than a filet I suppose)...I mean, it has good graining of fat in it compared to a strip steak I guess but some guys swear on a porterhouse. I go with ribeye every time I go out

1. Kayden Kross (Slutty and smart)

2. Pizza (I guess: Veggie, bread, meat, dairy, right?) and Diet Pepsi (Might switch it to a nice Single Malt Scotch like Laphroaig)

3. Have to go with TBS. (gotta get my Seinfeld fix)

Flame away . . .

I agree with Seinfeld...

as far as Kayden...I'm afraid I would leave her unsatisfied and she'd go wandering through the jungle looking for a gorilla or something to get her fix.

1) My wife; the sex is already just fine and believe it or not, the longer you are on that island, the more time you're going to spend talking rather than screwing. Plus, what are you going to do when you knock up a fertile young thing like Kate Upton?

2) Beer and some Old Bay. Gonna need to season all those crabs we catch in the lagoon!

3) CBS; last I checked they still broadcast the AFC games.

1) Kate Beckinsale

2) red Abalone

3) screw tv. Electric Ladyland (Hendrix) played through a old Mcintosh tube stereo.

Had to search Kate Beckinsale on google images...you're the second one to bring her name up. I can see the reason for her getting multiple votes. That and the australian hurdler chick...

Still...if Kate Middleton was on the island with me...well, I know she'd treat me like a King. :thumbsup:

On another funny note to this topic, when I worked for a company in the past, they put us into groups of 5-6 and told us we had to chose 4 things we needed to survive. I wa in a group with 4 other guys and 1 girl and we came to our decision in about 5 minutes in the hour long excersize. We picked a solar powered generator, a TV/DVD combo, and the box set of MacGuyver. Thinking anything that we would need to survive in any situation we could learn from watching MacGuyver, and the one girl in the group really wanted a hair dryer.

We were all given failing grades on that excersize.

I'd have give you an A for that, just for thinking out of the box.

The girl, I'd give an F. Unless she could point to an episode of MacGuyver where he used a hair dryer in a survival situation.

1) My wife; the sex is already just fine and believe it or not, the longer you are on that island, the more time you're going to spend talking rather than screwing. Plus, what are you going to do when you knock up a fertile young thing like Kate Upton?

2) Beer and some Old Bay. Gonna need to season all those crabs we catch in the lagoon!

3) CBS; last I checked they still broadcast the AFC games.

And what kind of talking is that going to be?

"Will you get off your ass and fix the thatching on the damn hut!"

"Not now! Can't you see I'm watching football? Now get me a beer woman! Nag, nag, nag...I wish I'd brought Kate Upton instead..."

Off topic...Is a ribeye the best cut of beef ??(other than a filet I suppose)...I mean, it has good graining of fat in it compared to a strip steak I guess but some guys swear on a porterhouse. I go with ribeye every time I go out

Best cut of meat is a personal preference and also how you're preparing it. I like the ribeye because of the flavor from all that fat. The tenderloin had less flavor due to the lack of fat but melt in your mouth tender. A fatty piece of chuck is crap until you cube it (include plenty of the fat) marinate it in red wine for 24 hours and stew it until it's fall apart tender....beef bourguinon. The best damn dish I make for a cold winter's day. My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it.

Best cut of meat is a personal preference and also how you're preparing it. I like the ribeye because of the flavor from all that fat. The tenderloin had less flavor due to the lack of fat but melt in your mouth tender. A fatty piece of chuck is crap until you cube it (include plenty of the fat) marinate it in red wine for 24 hours and stew it until it's fall apart tender....beef bourguinon. The best damn dish I make for a cold winter's day. My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it.

I'm disappointed in you Chef. You were right the first time and then started waffling.

Best cut of beef, if we're talking steaks and grilling (braises are another matter), is certainly the ribeye if you have functioning taste buds. I don't understand the love affair with filet. Sure its tender, but so is steamed cabbage. Dry aged, bone-in ribeye is the best steak there is.

I'm disappointed in you Chef. You were right the first time and then started waffling.

Best cut of beef, if we're talking steaks and grilling (braises are another matter), is certainly the ribeye if you have functioning taste buds. I don't understand the love affair with filet. Sure its tender, but so is steamed cabbage. Dry aged, bone-in ribeye is the best steak there is.

Isn't the porterhouse a strip and filet in one? I, too, love the ribeye, but I've got nothing to say about filet. I'll be sinking my teeth into one in 2 more nights.

Isn't the porterhouse a strip and filet in one? I, too, love the ribeye, but I've got nothing to say about filet. I'll be sinking my teeth into one in 2 more nights.

It is. But I prefer ribeye to strip, and I vastly prefer ribeye to filet. I also prefer strip to filet. Combining the two doesn't make up the delta, even if there are some really nice bites near the bone.