Fitz ranked 43 out of 65 NFL Quarterbacks

BuffBill

No rating system is perfect, but the Total QB Rating goes a LONG way in fixing the issues with the old QB Rating...I think the interpretations they take are logical when it comes to scoring points and actual contribution to winning games...

Like I said, it's not perfect, but it's a better gauge than we've had in the past...And in Fitz's case, it's my humble opinion that no matter how they got to his final rating, it's quite accurate... B-)

I don't disagree......but according to the TQBR, we are about to see the 2012 25th ranked QB receive best in the league type money(Flacco).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree......but according to the TQBR, we are about to see the 2012 25th ranked QB receive best in the league type money(Flacco).

True...But Flacco clearly struggled at times in 2012...Then he went bonkers in the Playoffs and Super Bowl...

Like I said, no Ratings system is perfect...But I do feel the Total QB rating is a step in the right direction... B-)

Ryan Fitzpatricks final QBR for the 2012 season is 45.8 ranking him 27th in the NFL....the QBR is the most accurate stat for ranking QBs

Yup, and thats really only guys who played. There are backups, many of them, that if they started would have a higher QBR than 45.8. So, ranking him about 43 in the NFL sounds about right to me.

Whats your point? Just because Flacco might get big money doesn't change the accuracy of TQBR. Flacco, had an up and down season, however, that team believes in him and he got the job done when it mattered most and that is why he is going to get paid. His TQBR was way higher in the playoffs at 83.6 and that is what earned him his paycheck. TQBR is very indicative and accurate of a QB's overall play and effectiveness, and Flaccos TQBR accurately shows his performance during the season and the postseason. It was his elevated play in the post season that will seal that check. If he had a bad post season, he might not have even been kept by Balt because of the price tag he was looking for.

Whats your point? Just because Flacco might get big money doesn't change the accuracy of TQBR. Flacco, had an up and down season, however, that team believes in him and he got the job done when it mattered most and that is why he is going to get paid. His TQBR was way higher in the playoffs at 83.6 and that is what earned him his paycheck. TQBR is very indicative and accurate of a QB's overall play and effectiveness, and Flaccos TQBR accurately shows his performance during the season and the postseason. It was his elevated play in the post season that will seal that check. If he had a bad post season, he might not have even been kept by Balt because of the price tag he was looking for.

My point is that TQBR seems to be roughly as effective as the standard QBR in that they both typically show who the better QBs are....who the bad QBs are....and who is in the middle. They both occasionally get it wrong.

Flacco's QBR in 2012 was more indicative of how he played than his TQBR.

His TQBR had Flacco(46.8) just above Vick(46.0).....who was just above Fitz(45.8). It is total bollocks to suggest that Flacco's regular season performance was as bad as Vick/Fitz. It wasn't great....or even good.....but he wasn't a game-loser like those two were this season.

As I said in my previous post.....I don't disagree that the TQBR has a better foundation for ranking QBs.......but it is not perfect & 2012 Flacco is an example of this imperfection.

Edited by Dibs

My point is that TQBR seems to be roughly as effective as the standard QBR in that they both typically show who the better QBs are....who the bad QBs are....and who is in the middle. They both occasionally get it wrong.

Flacco's QBR in 2012 was more indicative of how he played than his TQBR.

His TQBR had Flacco(46.8) just above Vick(46.0).....who was just above Fitz(45.8). It is total bollocks to suggest that Flacco's regular season performance was as bad as Vick/Fitz. It wasn't great....or even good.....but he wasn't a game-loser like those two were this season.

As I said in my previous post.....I don't disagree that the TQBR has a better foundation for ranking QBs.......but it is not perfect & 2012 Flacco is an example of this imperfection.

I hear what you are saying, however I guess this is where I disagree a little. Flacco's play was up and down in the regular season and his TQBR reflects accurately that level play. Many people were questioning whether Balt would even resign him and most agreed it would come down to how the Ravens finished the season. So I feel like the TQBR did its job and reflected the under whelming play of him in the regular season accurately. The post season he was a different QB, much like an Eli Manning in recent years. His TQBR also reflected that accurately.

I guess for me, the thing to keep in mind is that TQBR accurately (at least in comparison to any other measure for QB's) portrays on field performance. No stat is ever going to measure talent accurately, but TQBR will more accurately measure on field effectiveness each week.

For me, the real question becomes which is the more accurate assessment of Flacco...the regular season guy or the post season guy? IMO I think its a little in the middle. I don't think he is a guy that will post a TQBR over 80 for a whole season like he did in this post season, but I think he can be better than the high 40's he had in the regular season. Lucky for him, that great post season led to a SB trophy, SB MVP, and now likely a huge contract from the Ravens.