When are we going to start talking about Chandler?

FireChan

Chandler is a very good...above average TE, regardless of what someone said about him being below average. As far as him dropping passes....it doesnt happen like was previoulsy stated by someone earlier...he is very sure handed. "at least 8 drops" ummm, no. Look things up before you post falsehoods please. CBS has a list of most dropped passes in the 2012 season. TJ and SJ were both on the list with 7 drops, guess who doesnt appear on the list for the most drops...thats right Scott Chandler.

Chandler is a very good...above average TE, regardless of what someone said about him being below average. As far as him dropping passes....it doesnt happen like was previoulsy stated by someone earlier...he is very sure handed. "at least 8 drops" ummm, no. Look things up before you post falsehoods please. CBS has a list of most dropped passes in the 2012 season. TJ and SJ were both on the list with 7 drops, guess who doesnt appear on the list for the most drops...thats right Scott Chandler.

That's cause it's a percentage. It's all about the number of targets vs drops. Are you serious with this post right now?

Due to Chandler's injury and even without that, the fact that many good team's today carry two good TE's, I would love to see us bring in Keller or Bennett this FA period. Jermichael Findley would be great, too, but I expect him to be out of our price range.....

You seem very negative. Perhaps now that your s/n is ripe for the changing you could switch to Nancy.

I'm not negative, I just can't believe someone said that. It's honestly ridiculous. To read the thread, see the percentage comment, and say SJ has more drops so Chandler is good. If his post didn't sound so sincere, I'd claim trolling.

Also, I wish you'd stay on topic, I said I liked the guy and he's been an asset times, but also a liability.

Who says he is a decent blocker?

Only 43 receptions on 73 targets. At least 8 of those were drops. That is a high percentage. He also fumbled twice - one lost.

He is below average but not awful. I would cut/injury settlement him and sign Dustin Keller away form the Jets if possible.

If his salary is low and he is making good progress with the knee then maybe he comes in and competes again for a starting job.

BTW if Lee Smith is on this team even in OTA's Marrone has some splaining to do...that guy looks like someone decided to hold a pro-am during an NFL game

This post sums up our TEs nicely. Lee Smith looks like a fan who won a contest.

holy cow tough room. scott chandler is the best pass catching TE weve had here since pete red haired bastard with no soul metzelaars or at least jay riemersathsma. bit of trouble with injuries so far but not even close to below average. the old 'star or suck' fan bias strikes again

and um mcflys, lee smith is a BLOCKING te. idk if you realize this but every team runs plays with at least two TEs in short yardage so the blocking TE is pretty key. perhaps if youre playing madden all you care about is catching passes but in the outer-couch world blocking matters

holy cow tough room. scott chandler is the best pass catching TE weve had here since pete red haired bastard with no soul metzelaars or at least jay riemersathsma. bit of trouble with injuries so far but not even close to below average. the old 'star or suck' fan bias strikes again

and um mcflys, lee smith is a BLOCKING te. idk if you realize this but every team runs plays with at least two TEs in short yardage so the blocking TE is pretty key. perhaps if youre playing madden all you care about is catching passes but in the outer-couch world blocking matters

No you're right, I said he sucked. That's what I said. I want Gronkowski or nothing. That's exactly what I said.

Just cause he's the best we've had in awhile doesn't make him the best. I just want to upgrade his position if possible. He's not a stellar blocker and he drops a lot of easy passes. If this board is gonna bash Fitz and Stevie and everyone else on this team, why does Chandler get a pass?

Hopefully, Chandler comes back in 6-9 months. If they think he's OK save the cap money left after Byrd and Levitre and go after a much needed quality LB (to teach the guy(s) we draft and Bradham, Sheppard and whoever else we keep back there). If Chandler is slow to return--1 year deal for stop gap like Dallas Clark, Ben Watson, Ed Dickson, etc... Regardless, definitely draft a developmental guy in the 4th or later--I like Fauria and Toilolo, McDonald or Kelce. There is some depth there.

I don't know how much Syracuse used their TE, but this contradicts another's assessment on this site (I know, big wow, right? -- unheard of for people to see things differently here) B-) Anyhow, I'll still proceed (at the risk of getting a bit off-topic since this is really a Chandler thread) ...

In this thread -- http://forums.twobil...racuse-offense/ -- After watching a "handful" of games, Simon wrote this about the use of the TE position at Syracuse:

"Use of the TE was very limited; sitting in underneath zones for quick hitters was about the extent of it."

Now, Simon's sampling wasn't extensive, but I'm just curious what you are basing your remark on that Marrone's offense actually use the TEs? And I'm not saying it isn't so. Again, I've not studied their offense, so I really have no say in the matter, but in comparing your comment to another who apparently actually did take some legit time to study the Syracuse offense and came away with an entirely different opinion than you on the use of TE position, it has made me curious about your remark and so I'm hoping you can maybe elaborate on it based on what you've seen. Thanks!

did they not use a TE in several formations because the personnel was better in different areas? Or are SU coaches like chan and just spread 4 bad players out wide no matter the personnel or the situation?

I want Jermichael Findley from Green Bay. He'll be a FA this offseason. That's my first option. Keller and Cook would be my second and third.

Finley was very inconsistent last season. Not sure what his problem was, but very streaky. Maybe he turns his game around like Martellus Bennett did after leaving the c-boys but I'd be hesitant to give him a longterm deal.