Daniel Jeremiah mock draft...

I don't think there is any way Matt Barkley doesn't get drafted by Buffalo in the 1st round.

fixed

It's funny when people say there isn't a franchise QB in this class with such certainty.

It will be funny five years from now, as Matt Barkley prepares to lead the Bills to their SIXTH consecutive Superbowl victory...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

It's funny when people say there isn't a franchise QB in this class with such certainty.

Many of us stated unequivocally Blaine Gabbert sucked and would be a horrendous pick for the Bills. So if anything, we are vindicated. This is a weak year for QB's

Many of us stated unequivocally Blaine Gabbert sucked and would be a horrendous pick for the Bills. So if anything, we are vindicated. This is a weak year for QB's

Dunno, Pete - many said Steve Young sucked his first two years in the NFL (after two previous seasons in the USFL), so why don't we wait and see with Gabbert?

Dunno, Pete - many said Steve Young sucked his first two years in the NFL (after two previous seasons in the USFL), so why don't we wait and see with Gabbert?

Agreed, but it also cuts the other way too. While some of the 1st and 2nd year QBs have looked good so far, some of them may fall by the way-side. I remember many of us thinking that the Bills had found their long-time starter in Trent Edwards. His is a story that plays out at least as often (good-to-bad) as guys who have weak career starts morph into good players.

There is not a franchise QB out there and Smith goes to KC only out of desperation to get a QB. The Bills can get a QB in round two and a potentially good one.

I don't get this. If we need a franchise QB and there is no franchise QB in this draft, why would we even pick one? With QBs, there is no middle ground, it's either he's a franchise QB (or at least you think he is) or he's not the starting QB. Are we looking to draft a back-up then? We already have 3 of those. If not, and you feel there's a chance to get a franchise QB out of this draft, you better draft him ASAP before another team does.

Agreed, but it also cuts the other way too. While some of the 1st and 2nd year QBs have looked good so far, some of them may fall by the way-side. I remember many of us thinking that the Bills had found their long-time starter in Trent Edwards. His is a story that plays out at least as often (good-to-bad) as guys who have weak career starts morph into good players.

Not sure about that one either, OT...

Remind me again - when was Trent Edwards a good QB? :unsure:

I don't get this. If we need a franchise QB and there is no franchise QB in this draft, why would we even pick one? With QBs, there is no middle ground, it's either he's a franchise QB (or at least you think he is) or he's not the starting QB. Are we looking to draft a back-up then? We already have 3 of those. If not, and you feel there's a chance to get a franchise QB out of this draft, you better draft him ASAP before another team does.

What my earlier post was stating is although there is no clear cut franchise QB like Andrew Luck. Who is to say that there isn't another Tom Brady (a 6th rounder) Tony Romo / Kurt Warner (undrafted) or some unknown who will step up into that elite category.

All we as Bills fans can hope for is that Doug Marrone knows what he is looking at when evaluating a QB. It was crystal clear that Chan Gailey, the supposed QB guru didn't know his arse from his elbow on QB's. He started Trent Edwards in 2010, and stated he thought Brian Brohm, Edwards and Fitz were all about equal :doh: It has to be up to Marrone because Buddy Nix has proven he doesn't know the difference either, he allowed Edwards to happen. Plus he whiffed on Andy Dalton, Collin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. Not only do we need to hope Marrone knows what he is looking at in a QB. We all need to hope he knows how to build a proper NFL team that can win against Bill Belichick and Brady.

It must be agonizing to decide on a QB and then watch him fail at the NFL level because you can't see into a players heart to see his determination to succeed and win. AKA JaMarcus Russell. Marrone worked for the NO Saints so he has been close to Drew Brees,and has seen first hand what a winning NFL QB is made of. Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy!

A couple of wrong assumptions seem to be making the rounds on different threads about Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young. Young had a bad time in Tampa with a lousy team he didn't want to play for. There never was a question about his ability (he was the highest paid QB in history with the LA Express). which finally was shown once he got traded to a good team. As to Rodgers, the Packers highly valued him, seeing him as the eventual heir to Favre. That's how they handled & trained. True, they didn't put all their eggs in one basket, constantly drafting QBs. But while they were always open to listening to offers for those other guys, they never ever considered getting rid of Rodgers. In fact, when push came to shove, it was Favre who was sbown the door.