Daniel Jeremiah mock draft...

I have no idea who this guy is but he is dead on about this QB class. There is not a franchise QB out there and Smith goes to KC only out of desperation to get a QB. The Bills can get a QB in round two and a potentially good one.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/165100

However Dion Jordan would be an absolutely horrible pick. He is a tweener DE/OLB. I live in Oregon and have watched him for a while. He reminds me of Maybin. He is tall and skinny. Works ok in Pac-12 but he is too light to play DE and too slow to play OLB. He may be able to rush the passer but that is what they said about Maybin. He is not Orakpo.

Hope they pass on QB in the first round and take a better LB at #8.

It's funny when people say there isn't a franchise QB in this class with such certainty.

It's funny when people say there isn't a franchise QB in this class with such certainty.

Right, too many variables. Packers felt Rodgers wasn't going to be the guy two years after they drafted him, scouts felt that way, so they added Brohm....

Nuff said.

I like Jordan a lot

Edited by bouds

I have no idea who this guy is but he is dead on about this QB class. There is not a franchise QB out there and Smith goes to KC only out of desperation to get a QB. The Bills can get a QB in round two and a potentially good one.

http://www.nfl.com/d...jeremiah/165100

However Dion Jordan would be an absolutely horrible pick. He is a tweener DE/OLB. I live in Oregon and have watched him for a while. He reminds me of Maybin. He is tall and skinny. Works ok in Pac-12 but he is too light to play DE and too slow to play OLB. He may be able to rush the passer but that is what they said about Maybin. He is not Orakpo.

Hope they pass on QB in the first round and take a better LB at #8.

Daniel Jeremiah is a former NFL scout who worked in the league for something like 8 years. To me, that gives him more credibility than many of the other "draft analysts". That being said, no scout is always right, there are no "absolute" grades, grades on a player can differ significantly from team to team, etc.

Right, too many variables. Packers felt Rodgers wasn't going to be the guy two years after they drafted him, scouts felt that way, so they added Brohm....

Nuff said.

I like Jordan a lot

I think that it is fair to say that none of this year's QB prospects are considered to be very good prospects. It does not mean that there won't be a surprise that emerges as a good QB from this draft. However, finding that guy, in my opinion, is a long-shot. I'd rather see the team spend their first and maybe 2nd round picks on prospects at other positions who are considered to have a higher probability of success. After that, if they want to take a flyer on one or two QBs in the hopes of striking gold, then great.

I don't think there is any way Matt Barkley doesn't get drafted in the 1st round.

That said Astro, I'd take Dysert because Barkley won't be there.

I think the farthest he drops is the Texans at pick #27. I read that the Shaub era is on thin ice and they won't hesitate to pick a QB in the first round if one falls to them that they like a lot. I also wouldn't put it past Belichick to pick a QB like Barkley in the first if he liked him. Brady is long in the tooth and hasn't won a Superbowl in a long time. Mallett can't be the one and only post-Brady plan, right?

If the Bills wait until RD2, Who would you rather take: Zach Dysert, Tyler Bray, Ryan Nassib, or Matt Barkley?

What if Barkley weren't there?

Barkley easily. Doubt he's there as I think we'll take him at 8, if not someone will. Dysert and nassib is a toss up. I'd be ok with either, but might prefer to wait til round 3 and pick from what's there. I don't think any QB we draft this year, will be an upper echelon QB in 2-5 years. Definitely not bray. He's got a nice arm, but I just don't like the guy.

I would take one of the Tyler's in the second round over Barkley - probably Bray over Wilson. They both competed against SEC defenses with lesser talent around them than Barkley had.

For the record, Bray had Hunter and Patterson to throw to.

Well compare what these guys have done over their college career & then look at guys like Wilson, Luck & others .

Plus seeing is believing ! I watched the all star challenge & Nassib, & Glennon just flat out sucked out of the 4 QB's they had there. The one kid Rogers which is Arrons little brother i uses looked pretty good .

I would like to see us take a QB but none are 1st round talents & i would only take one in the later rounds unless Wilson was there.

They say that Klien from Kansas is a H back & not a QB but i don't see the thinking ?

Wilson is one i like & one i really hope we get a chance at only it will be next year is Taj Boyd ! What that guy showed in his bowl game said a lot to the type of player he will be.

Edited by T master

I would take one of the Tyler's in the second round over Barkley - probably Bray over Wilson. They both competed against SEC defenses with lesser talent around them than Barkley had.

Oh you want Tyler Bray, do you? So I take it you enjoy crippling turnovers and boneheaded mistakes?

If the Bills have any sense they will take a QB with their R1 pick (whether at #8 or further down in R1 should they trade down in R1).

from what I have heard and read, Matt Barkley if considered by many NFL scouts to be an NFL franchise QB.

He may not be ready right away, but like GB's Rodgers, NFL scouts really like his potential be a future franchise QB.

If the Bills have any sense they will take a QB with their R1 pick (whether at #8 or further down in R1 should they trade down in R1).

from what I have heard and read, Matt Barkley is considered by many NFL scouts to be an NFL franchise QB.

He may not be ready right away, but like GB's Rodgers, NFL scouts really like his potential be a future franchise QB.

I've heard the same things about Barkley. Most scouts are still saying he's the top QB in the draft. If we pass on QB in round 1 i'm interested in Bray. He's got great arm talent.

I just don't see KC taking Geno unless he blows them away in workouts. I think they take Joeckel and Geno slips a little

Someone is going to trade into the bottom of the first for Barkley

Edited by Max997

It was apparent last year that Luck & RGIII were franchise QBs. Most missed on Russell Wilson. No one is seeing franchise QB qualities in any of these QBs this year. All of them are big question marks. Wait till rd 2 or 3, they are just a big guess in that round as in the first.

http://www.nfl.com/d...013/mock-drafts

It was apparent last year that Luck & RGIII were franchise QBs. Most missed on Russell Wilson. No one is seeing franchise QB qualities in any of these QBs this year. All of them are big question marks. Wait till rd 2 or 3, they are just a big guess in that round as in the first.

Obviously finding a "franchise QB is not an exact science or Tom Brady would have been the 1st overall instead of the #199th pick in the 6th round, a compensatory pick no less.

Although there are no easy franchise QB's in this years draft like Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford. Luck was compared to John Elway and was a basic 'No brainer" prototypical NFL QB. Who is to say that there is no Tom Brady, Kurt Warner (undrafted), Tony Romo (undrafted), Matt Hasselbeck (6th round), Mark Brunell (5th round) in this years draft...nobody, that's who.

I say build a proper team, good O line, good WR corps, top running attack, and defense. Then add a rookie who you develop properly.and all this will at least give your young QB a fighting chance to develop.

Oh, BTW.... http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Edited by FeartheLosing

Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jamarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow,

these are all 1st rd QB's that scouts and teams thought high enough on to draft int he 1st round the last decade. In fact all the best draft gurus out there had most of those names listed as 1st rd picks

Even some of the 1st rd QB picks considered franchise in the league today are struggling. Cam Newton, Matt Stafford etc...

Does anyone really want to debate that none in this group of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, Manuel will be drafted 1st rd. Should we compare the college careers of Players like Barkley and Smith to all on that list, you will see that those guys had much better college careers then most of them, and did it consistently for multiple years.

Example #1 Blaine Gabbert threw for 41 career college TD's. Geno Smith threw 42 last year, and 98 career. Smith threw for 11K yadrs Gabbert 6K career. Every single draft guru picked Gabbert in the 1st rd.

Example #2 Jake Locker. Never had a 60% completion year. Never threw a 3000 yd season.

Example #3; Jamarcus Russel. 1st overall pick and didn't have close to the consistent production of Barkley and Smith

Every single QB listed above drafted 1st rd did much less in college then some of the top prospects in the draft htis year, so when these socuts say there is no franchise QB in this draft I call shenanigans. So many lesser QB's were give the title of franchise QB in years before, and I fail to see how this class is worse then those.

Edited by shibuya

Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jamarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow,

these are all 1st rd QB's that scouts and teams thought high enough on to draft int he 1st round the last decade. In fact all the best draft gurus out there had most of those names listed as 1st rd picks

Even some of the 1st rd QB picks considered franchise in the league today are struggling. Cam Newton, Matt Stafford etc...l

Does anyone really want to debate that none in this group of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, Manuel will be drafted 1st rd. Should we compare the college careers of Players like Barkley and Smith to all on that list, you will see that those guys had much better college careers then most of them, and did it consistently for multiple years.

Example #1 Blaine Gabbert threw for 41 career college TD's. Geno Smith threw 42 last year, and 98 career. Smith threw for 11K yadrs Gabbert 6K career. Every single draft guru picked Gabbert in the 1st rd.

Example #2 Jake Locker. Never had a 60% completion year. Never threw a 3000 yd season.

Example #3; Jamarcus Russel. 1st overall pick and didn't have close to the consistent production of Barkley and Smith

Every single QB listed above drafted 1st rd did much less in college then some of the top prospects in the draft htis year, so when these socuts say there is no franchise QB in this draft I call shenanigans. So many lesser QB's were give the title of franchise QB in years before, and I fail to see how this class is worse then those.

I am not sure that I understand your point. Are you saying that based on the league drafting Gabbert, Harrington, Ramsey etc in the first round that surely Barkley and Smith (at least) will be taken in round 1 this year? If so, I agree with you.

If, however, you are saying that because the busts that you listed we're drafted in round 1 that it proves that Barkley and Smith have a high probability of becoming high end starters - then I disagree.