You New Englanders enjoying the snow?

There is a power line down on the street in front of my place, a huge downed tree blocking street that direction. and about 3 feet of snow on the roads- they have yet to be plowed. There is a top layer of approximately 14 inches powder, then a layer of ice from sleet, then compacted snow. I cannot imagine them plowing for 3-5 days. And we have freezing rain advisory 3 am - 9 am. I am nervous for our roofs

I'm really looking forward to the moment where the lazy asses who think they don't need to clear out their cars finally decide to. Those things are going to be encased in ice soon enough. The only thing I don't like about this storm is that it's the first time I've been in an urban area (Boston) for a huge storm. I'm not looking forward to the hopeless search for parking after work today.

Southern NH got about 2 ft, more along the Seacoast. Most of it fell between midnight and 8am. It was higher than the mouth of my snow blower. But it was a fairly dry snow, light and fluffy, easily removed. My chihuahua didn't care for it until I cut him a path in the backyard to take a dump.

PTR

Southern NH got about 2 ft, more along the Seacoast. Most of it fell between midnight and 8am. It was higher than the mouth of my snow blower. But it was a fairly dry snow, light and fluffy, easily removed. My chihuahua didn't care for it until I cut him a path in the backyard to take a dump.

PTR

Did you have a "drift bar" installed on your snow blower. The drift bar will knock down the high snow once you start cutting a path... Probably easy to fabricate on. Then again, how often do these big snows happen...