WFAN Fat Mike and Dog are trashing Jim Kelly

1billsfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying is he's not even close to being a Hall of Famer. Hey fatheads, he led (understatement) a team to 4 Superbowls in a row. Next question.

196314[/snapback]

How can someone be "not even close" to being a Hall of Famer when they're in the friggin' Hall of Fame?????

Morons.

I guess they should have voted differently.  Oh yeah, they didn't have a vote.  Too bad that a couple of blowhards who are definitely in the middle of the pack in their own profession don't recognize the irony of criticizing someone already in the HOF for theirs.

196331[/snapback]

Why they after Jimbo? Did Chad Pennington B word slap them?

I guess they should have voted differently.  Oh yeah, they didn't have a vote.  Too bad that a couple of blowhards who are definitely in the middle of the pack in their own profession don't recognize the irony of criticizing someone already in the HOF for theirs.

196331[/snapback]

They equated Kelly's career with Phil Simms (that since Kelly is in then Simms should be) and said that Jim's a tad better than Warren Moon (now there's a big WTF)! They are making themselves look very ridiculous today. :w00t:

That's what I was thinking.  What the hell is their problem?  What's the discussion about anyway?

196348[/snapback]

The morning guys (who think he's without question a HOFer) had Kelly on in the AM and after the interview started getting on Mike and the Mad Dog (afternoon guys) for suggesting he's no HOFer. So these knuckleheads took the bait and continued the topic by trashing Kelly's career.

They equated Kelly's career with Phil Simms (that since Kelly is in then Simms should be) and said that Jim's a tad better than Warren Moon (now there's a big WTF)! They are making themselves look very ridiculous today.  :w00t:

196347[/snapback]

I would equate Marino & Fouts with Warren Moon, as they would never win big games. Jimbo won a lot of big games, though unfortunately not the biggest. :lol:

i have to think the only reason they hate him is because of phil simms not being in the hall.

generally I like mike and the mad dog, it is good radio.

idiots yes, but entertaining.

196374[/snapback]

Phil Simms wasn't half the quarterback Kelly was.

I don't recall Simms ever taking over a game himself.

Giants won with Defense and smash mouth offense, not Simm's arm.

Saying is he's not even close to being a Hall of Famer. Hey fatheads, he led (understatement) a team to 4 Superbowls in a row. Next question.

196314[/snapback]

Who are Mike & the Maddog? Never heard of them.

196379[/snapback]

Simms was a very good QB, I wouldnt sell him short because of what they say about Kelly.

For whatever reason they dont like Kelly, so be it.

196379[/snapback]

Simms never played in an offense suited to HIS attributes. They never had outstanding outside receivers. He was VERY good an would have put up ridiculous numbers if he had Jerry Rice and John Taylor in San Francisco instead of Odessa Turner and Steven Baker in New Jersey.

As for not taking over a game, 22-25 for 268 yards and 3 TDs in the Super Bowl? The Broncos led the game 10-9 at halftime. Simms completed a then SB record 10 consecutive passes in the second half.