NFL Comeback POTY

Rico

I would have voted for Fields over Brees.

196000[/snapback]

i always thought "comeback" implied you used to be good before slumping or rebounded from a major injury.......i don't recall brees ever being good before this year.......

I would have voted for Bettis over all of them.

196002[/snapback]

i don't think Willis should have been included, only because he didn't play a down in the league until this year. sure he came back from what we all know, but how do you "come back" in the NFL if you were never really there to begin with?

brees was the great future QB, then benched for flutie, then given up for dead as there team picks a qb with the first overall draft pick, then comes back to lead them to the playoffs and a probowl spot.

thats the definition of comeback.

McGahee had a great comeback from injury, but he didnt start till the 4 or 5th game, and got 1100 yards. if he had gotten 1500, than thats a diffrent story.

fields came back from cancer (or something life threatening), so him playing is a great story. but hes no probowler.

i don't think Willis should have been included, only because he didn't play a down in the league until this year. sure he came back from what we all know, but how do you "come back" in the NFL if you were never really there to begin with?

196011[/snapback]

It's called compensation for being ineligible for ROTY. Of course even if eligible he'd be vying for 2nd place at best.

brees was the great future QB, then benched for flutie, then given up for dead as there team picks a qb with the first overall draft pick, then comes back to lead them to the playoffs and a probowl spot.

thats the definition of comeback.

McGahee had a great comeback from injury, but he didnt start till the 4 or 5th game, and got 1100 yards. if he had gotten 1500, than thats a diffrent story.

fields came back from cancer (or something life threatening), so him playing is a great story. but hes no probowler.

196016[/snapback]

i still don't get what he "came back" from -- he didn't accomplish anything before this season......in order to comeback, you have to be something in the first place, right?.......he was nothing before this year, other then potential.........

what you just defined was a breakthrough player, not a comeback player.......