Courtney Gardner - WR - Sierra College

Rockinon

I was looking at "Inside the Bills" on the Bills website and there was an article about this kid. He was supposed to play for Oklahoma but academic issues forced him to declare for the draft. Normally I wouldn't be interested in such a player but I changed my mind after watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqcvMAaw4Hs

First, its pretty obvious he is a man among boys in this video(the talent around him is sub par), but he is big, he can catch and he can block. He was blowing up defenders with his blocks. I could see him springing CJ for a big gain.

This kid isn't even rated on most draft boards, but I thought I'd share and see what you think. Discuss.

I think this guy could go anywhere from 4th to 7th round depending on how he does in the combine. If he wows people there he may shoot up some draft boards. I'd like to see how he compares against better talent. He looks like he can play at a higher level.

A few things about this video. Why is last years draft playing in the background?

And this kid does look like a man among boys out there. He physically dominates everyone out there no problems. However, he looks slower than molasses out there. I'd have concerns about his speed at the NFL level. Not sure what his 40 time is and maybe it's deceiving but he just looks slow out there. Like he needs way too much room to get going slow.

I have seen 2 different times. 4.35 and 4.5. Not sure how accurate.....small school. He does look fast though. Not saying he is a lock to be a stud in the NFL, but he sure is impressive for someone no one knows about.

if agree that it's somewhere between 4.4 and 4.5 probably. I'd also agree with that about his future in the NFL. Might be nothing hut he could be a nice late round find. Like Stevie. Also lacking speed but just amazing at getting open and route running.

According to Scout.com he's 6-3, 215 pounds and runs a 4.4

He would probably be a lower round pick simply because he's only coming in at one year of experience but man he has a gift for getting open, and he can block. If he's there after we address QB and LB I would say "all hands on deck"

Get 'er done Buddy!

According to Scout.com he's 6-3, 215 pounds and runs a 4.4

He would probably be a lower round pick simply because he's only coming in at one year of experience but man he has a gift for getting open, and he can block. If he's there after we address QB and LB I would say "all hands on deck"

Get 'er done Buddy!

i wouldn't say after QB and LB just alone. But after the 4th round at any point. Sure. Edited by mrags

I love the idea of taking a late-round WR. Worked for Nix on the Stevie pick!

I want an earlier WR pick plus a late or UDFA pick, preferably a big guy with versatility (KR, ST, QB in high school)

Some others that fit this bill, worth watching at the combine:

RDPick.....Name.........Pos.#..Coll..Ht...Wt

6 169 Aaron Mellette WR 3 Elon 6'4" 212

6 188 Mike Shanahan WR 87 Pittsburgh 6'4" 225

U 233 Marlon Brown WR 15 Georgia 6'4" 216

U 242 Darrin Moore WR 14 Texas Tech 6'4" 216

U 257 Alec Lemon WR 15 Syracuse 6'2" 205

U 294 Marqueis Gray WR 5 Minnesota 6'4" 240

I stopped watching after 3 minutes, his blocking was impressive, but his WR'ing left something to be desired....im sure the rest of the clip is filled with him lighting it up and looking fast, but he looked average in that first bit

we should draft/sign a couple WRs though - and with all of our other needs as well, im thinking a "project" like this would be one of the better options this off season

I stopped watching after 3 minutes, his blocking was impressive, but his WR'ing left something to be desired....im sure the rest of the clip is filled with him lighting it up and looking fast, but he looked average in that first bit

we should draft/sign a couple WRs though - and with all of our other needs as well, im thinking a "project" like this would be one of the better options this off season

That's kind of what I'm thinking. A late round WR project type with potential so we can focus on things like LB, QB, TE in earlier rounds. Aside from QB, I'd say our greatest weakness is LB and TE with Chandler possibly out early in the season. I think David Nelson can still do some things if healthy. As for Easely, I am still waiting to see if he can at least get on the field to play. And what the heck is the deal with our WRs constantly getting injured? Are they just too small?

I love the idea of taking a late-round WR. Worked for Nix on the Stevie pick!

am I missing something here? Stevie was drafted when Juron and Russ Brandon were running things. Maybe even Marv was the GM at the time. Not sure what Nix had to do with it.