I don't like U2, but....

Just Jack

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus one on the Kraft oddities. I'm still floored that he's a Viacom director and that CBS/Viacom has a direct ownership interest in Patriette* Place and no one in the media had the cajones to report on that --I learned it from Wikipedia. At least that explains the nob gobbling on CBS for Brady, Belicheat* & unholy crew.

As for U2, best concert I ever saw was them at MSG in Oct, 2001, from the Fox News booth no less. Emotional as all heck, from draping himself in the US flag to that list of names, not a dry eye in the house. How much the world (and US politics) has changed since then....

Or, perhaps more likely, the fact the Brady is the best QB of his generation (and quite possibly, ever) and that Bob Kraft is one of the best owners in NFL history, and the fact that they're in the hunt for the Super Bowl every single year ... perhaps that explains the Knob gobbling on CBS .. and Fox .. and ESPN .. and every sports outlet in the free world. But I could be wrong.

Or, perhaps more likely, the fact the Brady is the best QB of his generation (and quite possibly, ever) and that Bob Kraft is one of the best owners in NFL history, and the fact that they're in the hunt for the Super Bowl every single year ... perhaps that explains the Knob gobbling on CBS .. and Fox .. and ESPN .. and every sports outlet in the free world. But I could be wrong.

forgive me if I'm wrong because I Didnt read the article and I'm not sure what year it is but Tom Brady was defenately not the best QB ever in 2001.

Several other teams fit that bill, too--Giants, Packers, Colts (ex-2011) and Stillers all come to mind, you know, teams that are in it almost every year and have WON SB's (multiple in some cases) in the last 7-8 years. Yet they don't seem to get the same love from the networks in terms of coverage. Nowhere near it. Personally, I think that it's been worked up to the point where since there's such hatred for the Pats* in lots of quarters the networks know they generate buzz either way. Look at PFT's comment section for

anecdotal proof of that.

I'm also floored by folks who don't think it's unusual that CBS has a direct economic stake via Puke's* Place in one of the teams they cover. At a minimum that (and the Viacom directorship) shows that Kraft really doesn't see or care about conflicts or perceived conflicts--I've met the type in business before. Singularly self-focused in a way that causes blind spots on such issues. In fairness to him, more of sn issue for his co-owners who let him get away with it.....

im not sure but she sure is fine. guess my man boyst doesn't enjoy that brown sugar? haaaa

agree to disagree she's awesome.

Beyonce is most definitely a very beautiful woman. Not exactly my taste in music, but I'd be willing to bet she'll be looking good on that halftime show.

One of my other club experiences was at a relatively small club called Stage 1 or Patrick Henry's (same place) at Transit and Main in Clarence. In 1978, they had two acts in a "battle of the bands". Talas and Dr. J Jone and The Interns were the two band battling it out. Talas was clearly the better band that night. The other band was fronted by a dude who "looked like a lady" and was fairly drugged out. Dr J Jones was an alias for a band that still rocks today. I was aquainted with the club owners, so I knew that Dr J Jones was a fake name for the band that was already selling millions of records by them. I'd seen them 4 years earlier opening for Johnny Winter at the Niagara Falls Convention Center when their opening number was Helter Skelter, and they were pushing their new single, Dream On.

Had also seen Gregg Allman and Cher at the same club a few times. My friend was taking a good look at Cher one night when another of his friends said "why don't you kiss her:" He froze. Instead, Cher grabbed him and shoved her tongue down his throat. Gregg just stood there shaking his head.

Ahhh, the good old days.

I don't know about the Uncle Sam's gig (was that the old Gilligans?), But the Police did play at Patrick Henry's in winter during a storm. Not a lot of people at the show. Also remember seeing Dire Straits in their prime at a club on Transit near Lockport.

They blew the doors off the joint. Greg Allman was around for some of the Binky Browns jams back in the day.

That is great. I have seen U2 many times, but never at a place like Uncle Sam's. I remember I was supposed to go see a particular band there way back, but for some reason we ended up doing something else. That band was the Police. I wish I had seen both U2 and the Police back then.

I went to a police show at...why can't I remember it was on Main next to the mall as you go in to Clarence, They played Roxanne (I think this was 78 or 9, maybe 80? lol damn I did a lot of brain damaging things to myself back then) it was a Sunday night show, they played it for like 29 minutes and I hated the song from that moment on. I could tell it was going to be a giant hit and thought they were a good band but man so boring and repetitious! I also saw Joan Jett there and she gave me a kiss lol it was a real mouth open kiss too. Maybe the 3 best things I saw there were Herman Brood and His Wild Romance, Aerosmith under a different name and Tom Robinson Band. WTH was the name of that place?