Levitre had highest YPC for any guard in the NFL on runs behind him

Big Turk

I'm a bit mystified Matter.

In another post you mentioned that Levitre was the best pass blocking guard in the NFL (I believe according to the Pro Football Focus advanced stats that you have access to).

I think you also stated that he was rated the 9th best guard in the NFL.

If he's the best pass blocking guard and has the highest YPC for any guard, why is he ranked only 9th overall?

Thanks.

My guess would be his run blocking on plays that didnt go directly behind him was not very good which resulted in the RB being tackled or his defensive assignment disrupting the play somehow...his run blocking grade overall was not that good

That is a good question...i actually am going to forward that one to PFF and see what they say...

Edited by matter2003

I'm a bit mystified Matter.

In another post you mentioned that Levitre was the best pass blocking guard in the NFL (I believe according to the Pro Football Focus advanced stats that you have access to).

I think you also stated that he was rated the 9th best guard in the NFL.

If he's the best pass blocking guard and has the highest YPC for any guard, why is he ranked only 9th overall?

Thanks.

Like I said, context. ProFootballFocus is a fun exercise for stat geeks but Levitre's agent isn't going to be quoting any of their stats when it comes negotiating his deal.

GO BILLS!!!