Levitre had highest YPC for any guard in the NFL on runs behind him

Big Turk

CJ Spiller averaged 9.0 YPC when running behind Andy Levitre and between Glenn and Levitre and Fred Jackson averaged 8.2 YPC, far and away the highest total for any LG(or any guard for that matter, right or left) in the NFL for RBs running behind him. Spiller carried 28 times for 252 yards, Jackson 15 times for 123 yards.

It would be a tough pill to swallow to lose that type of production, especially with Glenn only getting better and better...

Edited by matter2003

which is why I put a higher premium on a quality OL over a S, even though we need to do everything to keep them both.. Levitre would be a harder loss to swallow. how many years did we endure with a subpar OL before Nix put together our current OL

which is why I put a higher premium on a quality OL over a S, even though we need to do everything to keep them both.. Levitre would be a harder loss to swallow. how many years did we endure with a subpar OL before Nix put together our current OL

Agree with everything you say here, but your last sentence is the most telling.

Just remember Bills fans the kind of players we had on the O-Line before we got the likes of Levitre, Wood, Urbik etc.

The majority of the current O-Line is young and growing and is a strength on this offense, and I would hate to see it torn apart.

Even without releasing other players on the roster, the Bills have enough cap money to lock up Levitre & Byrd long term.

Re-signing both of these guys should be top priority for the Bills right now.

If they have to use the franchise tag, do it. If they have to overpay, do it.

Losing your best players to free agency does not equal success.

Edited by Mark Vader

Neither Byrd or Levitre are going anywhere. I consider their movement a remote possibility based on Buddy's stated goals to keep the good ones and build though the draft. I think he's a crappy GM, but he's a straight shooter.

I fear they'll let him walk so that Doug Marrone can draft Justin Pugh to replace him. He's arguably Syracuse's best player in this draft and not re-signing Levitre would give him an excuse to take him.

Pugh is garbage, he was getting abused all day at senior bowl practice.

this really give me hope that Marrone can turn this around because the talent level at SU was not very good.

CJ Spiller averaged 9.0 YPC when running behind Andy Levitre and between Glenn and Levitre and Fred Jackson averaged 8.2 YPC, far and away the highest total for any LG(or any guard for that matter, right or left) in the NFL for RBs running behind him. Spiller carried 28 times for 252 yards, Jackson 15 times for 123 yards.

It would be a tough pill to swallow to lose that type of production, especially with Glenn only getting better and better...

Well, that's 13.5% of CJ's carries. A small sample and you can't attribute O-line play to one guy.

Thye are going to pay him to stay. I don't think this stat is mentioned by anyone at the negotiations.

Exactly

I'm a bit mystified Matter.

In another post you mentioned that Levitre was the best pass blocking guard in the NFL (I believe according to the Pro Football Focus advanced stats that you have access to).

I think you also stated that he was rated the 9th best guard in the NFL.

If he's the best pass blocking guard and has the highest YPC for any guard, why is he ranked only 9th overall?

Thanks.