New gun control thread!

Stupid comparison. There are more restrictions on who can drive a car or truck than who can own a gun. There are more laws for cars, there are cops watching cars all the time. I mean, can't you give a serious response?

We're not talking about laws and restrictions we're talking about your mistrust and fear of others. Why do you restrict this fear to guns and not to cars? And it's not because of the laws, rules and restrictions placed on cars vs guns it's because when someone kills someone with a gun the media gets their panties in a bind but when it happens with a car it just mucks up the morning commute.

I apologize if this has already been posted but this will be interesting to see if Christie vetoes a ban on .50s. Ok, I'd love to own and shoot one, but they should be banned, imo. The NRA of course thinks these are fine

http://www.nraila.or...-signature.aspx

How many crimes have been committed with a .50-cal or larger anything? They want to ban ammo for antique Sharps and Winchester rifles, the Ma-Deuce and Barrett rifle, the .500 Nitro Express, the .577 Tyrannosaur, and larger calibers, all of which are difficult to purchase, carry, and fire. But they're okay with keeping rounds in the .30-.40 caliber range (.380, .38 Magnum, 9mm, 40 S&W) and the .45 ACP that are used in the majority of violent crimes?

Personally, if I have to choose between facing someone with a .50 Desert Eagle pistol, or a 9mm automatic, I'll feel safer facing the Desert Eagle EVERY time, since the gun fires slower, has fewer rounds, is harder to handle and aim, and the yahoo shooting it is likely to knock himself out cold with the first shot after the gun smacks him in the head from the recoil. Under ANY circumstances short of trying to pierce an engine block, the idiot with the stupid-huge gun is less dangerous.

That ban shouldn't make any sense to anyone on either side of the gun control issue.

How many crimes

Personally, if I have to choose between facing someone with a .50 Desert Eagle pistol, or a 9mm automatic, I'll feel safer facing the Desert Eagle EVERY time, since the gun fires slower, has fewer rounds, is harder to handle and aim, and the yahoo shooting it is likely to knock himself out cold with the first shot after the gun smacks him in the head from the recoil. Under ANY circumstances short of trying to pierce an engine block, the idiot with the stupid-huge gun is less dangerous.

That ban shouldn't make any sense to anyone on either side of the gun control issue.

Too big? So why worry about a 105 mm howitzer? Or a flame thrower. Besides the .50 has an awesome range and penetrating power. But hey, if that's what you think, fine, the gun to me seems over the top. I'm sure the world will not end if it's available

We're not talking about laws and restrictions we're talking about your mistrust and fear of others. Why do you restrict this fear to guns and not to cars? And it's not because of the laws, rules and restrictions placed on cars vs guns it's because when someone kills someone with a gun the media gets their panties in a bind but when it happens with a car it just mucks up the morning commute.

You are being silly, you saying that the media does love a great accident that kills a bunch of people? Get real!

You are being silly, you saying that the media does love a great accident that kills a bunch of people? Get real!

And you thinking the media doesn't cum in their pants whenever there is a major disaster with lots of people injured or killed just shows what a pathetic little troll you are. Goodbye.

And you thinking the media doesn't cum in their pants whenever there is a major disaster with lots of people injured or killed just shows what a pathetic little troll you are. Goodbye.

Like a highway accident where people are killed? No, you are the pathetic one who can't make a coherent argument

Too big? So why worry about a 105 mm howitzer? Or a flame thrower. Besides the .50 has an awesome range and penetrating power. But hey, if that's what you think, fine, the gun to me seems over the top. I'm sure the world will not end if it's available

I'm not worried about howitzers. No one's dragging one into a bank and robbing it. No one's doing a drive-by shooting with it. No one's ever going to shoot up a school with one.

Ditto a .50 cal anything. Anyone who thinks banning that caliber will accomplish anything probably believe Smokin' Aces was a documentary.

I'm not worried about howitzers. No one's dragging one into a bank and robbing it. No one's doing a drive-by shooting with it. No one's ever going to shoot up a school with one.

Plus if you have decent sound system, you could crank up the 1812 Overture and have the most kickass Fourth of July party in the neighborhood.

I'd love to do that and see the look on the face of that guy who does the blinking lights and Trans Siberia Orchestra

I'd love to do that and see the look on the face of that guy who does the blinking lights and Trans Siberia Orchestra

That might be the only time I'd use a Howitzer in a violent manner. Totally understandable and ignored by the authorites I would imagine by the way.

Too big? So why worry about a 105 mm howitzer? Or a flame thrower. Besides the .50 has an awesome range and penetrating power. But hey, if that's what you think, fine, the gun to me seems over the top.

Who cares what you "think"? Despite the "awesomeness" of this weapon, it's almost NEVER used in any kind of crime. Any other boogie men you're afraid of?

I'm sure the world will not end if it's available

It's already available. And the world is still here.

"If it bleeds, it leads." The phrase exists for a reason.

Just for kicks

What exactly would banning .50 caliber rifles do?

He can't answer because there is no logical response to that. It's like NYs stupid safe act. There is no logic to it.

Just ban every gun that "looks" scary or has a scary "sounding" name, regardless of what the weapon is capable or not capable of. Which is a whole 'nother can of worms. The 2nd amendment should not be used to limit any type of weapon. If a mentally sound citizen wants to own a weapon they should be allowed. Yes including m2 .50 cal, barretts and desert eagles.

Edit- because I'm getting angry thinking about it... its not the !@#$ing weapons or guns that are the problems you stupid ignorant bleeding hearts. It's the !@#$ing criminals that break the law to prey on law abiding citizens that are the problem. Me (law abiding citizen) wanting an AK47, SKS, M14, M1A1, M4, mk16 etc...is not the problem. The criminal committing the crime with whatever tool they choose to use illegally is the problem.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Just ban every gun that "looks" scary or has a scary "sounding" name, regardless of what the weapon is capable or not capable of.

Introducing the new line of Smith and Wesson .40 revolvers: the Kitten series. Now available in a selection of non-threatening pastels...

I think we should also ban sharks with laser beams.

Think of how deadly that combo would be.

Do you really feel safe in a world that lets sharks have lasers?

Yeah but sharks with laser beams cost one at least one meeeeeeelion dollars. So only the 1% can have them and thats not fair

I apologize if this has already been posted but this will be interesting to see if Christie vetoes a ban on .50s. Ok, I'd love to own and shoot one, but they should be banned, imo. The NRA of course thinks these are fine

http://www.nraila.or...-signature.aspx

I own a .50 cal black powder rifle and I live in New Jersey.

Come break into my home and I'll blow your !@#$ing head off. It'll just take a minute to get it loaded.

Yeah, lots of criminals use .50 cal equipment to commit heinous acts all across the state everyday.