New gun control thread!

Not so sure I agree with the positioning of the butt (of the shotgun) there. Looks a little high. Photo shopped?

Yeah, he's holding it wrong. Looks like they took him to the woods recently, put a gun in his hands and snapped a pic.

Ready, Aim...Splat! Panicked press office 11 yr. olds release shooting pic and taunt

folks not to photoshop. Early results on reply link here.

Obama mocked for releasing skeet shoot photo during gun-control debate

He’s full of skeet!

Gun owners lampooned President Obama as Elmer Fudd yesterday after the White House released a photo — in the middle of a fierce national firearms debate — of the commander-in-chief shooting clay targets at Camp David over the summer.

While the president’s shooting skills were being mocked, his own gun-control allies privately fretted that Obama risked being ridiculed as a phony for suddenly trying to portray himself as a friend of sportsmen and hunters. Or, conversely, that he was glorifying the use of guns.

The photo was taken last Aug. 4, on Obama’s 51st birthday.

The left-handed president, wearing goggles and ear protection, peers down the barrel of a shotgun while his left index finger pulls the trigger.

Bam! A spray of smoke shoots out of the rifle.

The White House released the photo to back up Obama’s recent statements that he shot skeet at Camp David, a claim that gun-rights advocates said they doubted.

Obama aides even coined a term for the skeptics — calling them “skeeters.”

“For all the skeeters, POTUS [president of the United States] shoots clay targets on the range at Camp David on Aug. 4, 2012,” White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said in releasing the photo.

Obama political adviser David Plouffe tweeted, “Attn Skeet Birthers. Make Our Day — Let the Photoshop conspiracies begin.”

But if the move was aimed to win over gun enthusiasts, it backfired.

“That looks pretty pathetic. That’s not skeet shooting,” chuckled Rick Davenport, of the Erie County Sportsmen’s Federation.

In the photo, Obama is shooting straight ahead.

“In skeet shooting, you’re either shooting high or you’re shooting low! This is nothing but pandering to the sportsmen and hunters,” Davenport said.

New York Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King said Obama’s 12-gauge Browning Citori shotgun must have jammed because gun owners will see right through the p.r. offensive.

“We’ve seen this p.r. stunt before. This is what all the gun banners try to do. They try to ingratiate themselves with us,” King said.

“You really think this photo is going to make us think Obama is a pro-gun friend of the Second Amendment?” King said, laughing. “Go figure.”

Rick McDermott, an upstate gun-rights activist, said Obama is shooting blanks.

“This is all political posturing. It’s a PR stunt to show that Obama feels our pain. The Second Amendment has nothing to do with skeet shooting.”

It bears repeating.....the Second Amendment is NOT about hunting or target shooting, that's liberal spin.

The funniest part of this photo is the one thing no one is mentioning; once again we can use Dennis Miller's comment that if Obama were any more thin-skinned he'd need a reservoir tip.

He simply can not help himself when it comes to saying stupid things, and then rushing to prove the stupid thing he said was true. You can almost hear the 9-year-old in him saying "Oh yeah, I did too once shoot a gun at skeet!"

Part of me genuinely wishes he would explain in some random interview how your tongue will stick to a frozen flag pole. You can almost see him flailing around with his tongue stuck to a pole explaining to everyone, "Thee? I old ooo it ould ick."

Is it any wonder why he keeps Biden by his side.

I'm beginning to think that putting your kids in Public Schools is a form of Child Abuse;

High-school freshman suspended for having a picture of a gun.

Thoughtcrime! But wait, there’s more:

This incident is the latest in a growing line of extraordinarily strong reactions by school officials to things students have brought to school — or talked about bringing to school — that are not anything like real guns.

At D. Newlin Fell School in Philadelphia, school officials reportedly yelled at a student and then searched her in front of her class after she was found with a
paper gun
her grandfather had made for her.

In rural Pennsylvania, a kindergarten girl was suspended for making a
“terroristic threat”
after she told another girl that she planned to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty toy gun that bombards targets with soapy bubbles.

At Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Maryland, a six-year-old boy was suspended for making the universal kid sign for a gun, pointing at another student and saying “pow.” That boy’s suspension was later lifted and his name cleared.

In Sumter, South Carolina, a six-year-old girl was expelled for bringing a clear plastic Airsoft gun that shoots plastic pellet to class
for show-and-tell.
The expulsion was later revoked.

Remember, these are the people who claim that they teach critical thinking.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/162713/

But wait! What if it was a picture of President Obama with gun?

Obama_skeet_shooting.jpg?1359824570

Well Mr. Principal, where's your NO TOLERANCE/NO EXCEPTIONS policy now ????...............................................LOL

Edited by B-Man

ported barrels are for kittys.

The Hell, you say! I have it from reliable sources that the shotgun in that photo is a .410.

Everyone knows that's over three times more powerful than a 12 gauge, and more than four times more powerful than a 10 gauge. [/jcarney]

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/162713/

But wait! What if it was a picture of President Obama with gun?

Obama_skeet_shooting.jpg?1359824570

Well Mr. Principal, where's your NO TOLERANCE/NO EXCEPTIONS policy now ????...............................................LOL

Whatever he's shooting it, it's not skeet. Stance is all wrong, he couldn't pivot to aim, barrel's too low...if he's shooting skeet, he's not hitting ****.

And what the hell is he firing? Black powder?

Whatever he's shooting it, it's not skeet. Stance is all wrong, he couldn't pivot to aim, barrel's too low...if he's shooting skeet, he's not hitting ****.

And what the hell is he firing? Black powder?

It's the latest style of Super Soaker--that's water.

Ready, Aim...Splat! Panicked press office 11 yr. olds release shooting pic and taunt

folks not to photoshop. Early results on reply link here.

If I was able to not worry about being banned or offending people I would post much more then those simple pictures...hell, a few might even get me arrested... but they are funny as ****.

Obama practicing for his return to Chicago

That's what I mean he's a politician not a leader. Extremely bad taste for a president to be doing that in light of recent tragedies in America. I wonder though if clintin put him up to it. He was yapping at dems recently how they needed to understand rednecks better like where he's from

That's what I mean he's a politician not a leader. Extremely bad taste for a president to be doing that in light of recent tragedies in America. I wonder though if clintin put him up to it. He was yapping at dems recently how they needed to understand rednecks better like where he's from

Nothing that complicated, its just ALL about him.

He was receiving (justified) criticism about his "we shoot all the time" comment

He cannot tolerate any criticism.

So they whip out a picture of him with a gun (school shootings be damned)

Its always about him.

Depends on your reason for purchasing. If self protection, and you're going to carry, I'd recommend a low profile automatic at least a 38. Strongley suggest a laser site. If only at home, a shotgun will do.

Wow this is so stupid I just have to say something about it.

You need an automatic .38, with a laser site for self defense? Really? Who do you think you are going to need to defend yourself against?

The Queen shows Barack how its done (not photoshopped)

image002.jpg

I think that model even comes with a special attachment to hold her tea.