New gun control thread!

I know to many particularly on the left it's truly an amazing concept to imagine criminals being less likely to attack a potential victim if the potential victim can defend themselves....shocking.

Good for VA and common sense.

I know to many particularly on the left it's truly an amazing concept to imagine criminals being less likely to attack a potential victim if the potential victim can defend themselves....shocking.

Good for VA and common sense.

Many of those on the left cannot understand anything that doesn't require the government to wipe your butt for you.

Let's get to the real issue.

What are Virginia's Stand Your Ground Laws like?

Because that's really the root cause of gun violence.

I did a quick check and Stevie Wonder doesn't have any concerts scheduled there, so I'm guessing Virginia does have a SYG law.

Don't know about the stand your ground laws, but Skittles are regulated.

There was some poor schlub pulled over next to the Richmond Colisuem this morning, my friend looked at me and said, "must have had skittles"...

Democratic anti-gun 'guide' urged using Trayvon Martin's death to hit NRA, guns

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-anti-gun-guide-urged-using-trayvon-martins-death-to-hit-nra-guns/article/2533972

This really dishonors the victims of these mass killers. You know who it also dishonors? The guy who was found not guilty in a court of law for the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The guide spells out how to talk about gun control and when to press the issue, the best time being in the wake of a publicized shooting. For example, it calls on gun control advocates to speak out,
“don’t wait” for the facts,
after a shooting like Martin’s heightens awareness of the issue.

“The debate over gun violence in America is periodically punctuated by high-profile gun violence incidents including Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, the Trayvon Martin killing, Aurora, and Oak Creek. When an incident such as these attracts sustained media attention,
it creates a unique climate for our communications efforts
,” said the guide.

How about that? Using a tragedy creates a “unique opportunity” to spread your wildly misleading propaganda? Shameless.

A high-profile gun violence incident temporarily draws more people into the conversation about gun violence,” added the talking points. “
We should rely on emotionally powerful language, feelings and images to bring home the terrible impact of gun violence,” said the guide, which also urged advocates use images of scary looking guns and shooting scenes to make their point.

And by all means avoid the truth at all times.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-anti-gun-guide-urged-using-trayvon-martins-death-to-hit-nra-guns/article/2533972

This really dishonors the victims of these mass killers. You know who it also dishonors? The guy who was found not guilty in a court of law for the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The guide spells out how to talk about gun control and when to press the issue, the best time being in the wake of a publicized shooting. For example, it calls on gun control advocates to speak out,

“The debate over gun violence in America is periodically punctuated by high-profile gun violence incidents including Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, the Trayvon Martin killing, Aurora, and Oak Creek. When an incident such as these attracts sustained media attention,
,” said the guide.

How about that? Using a tragedy creates a “unique opportunity” to spread your wildly misleading propaganda? Shameless.

A high-profile gun violence incident temporarily draws more people into the conversation about gun violence,” added the talking points. “
We should rely on emotionally powerful language, feelings and images to bring home the terrible impact of gun violence,” said the guide, which also urged advocates use images of scary looking guns and shooting scenes to make their point.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

http://washingtonexa...article/2533972

,” said the guide.

"Newly uncovered guide," but "produced in 2012, before the Sandy Hook shootings?" Very stupidly written article.

And the guide is like everything else I've ever seen produced for almost any issue (the oil companies make particularly nice ones. As do the environmentalists. Environmental propaganda's always the best.) There's no advice in it that isn't used by damn near everyone.

That extremist NRA.......................

Majority of Parents with School-Aged Children Would Feel Safer with Armed Guards at School

A majority of American parents with grade-school children say they would feel safer if their child attended a school with an armed guard, according to a new Rasmussen poll.

Sixty-two percent of those surveyed said they’d feel safer if their child attended such a school, against only 24 percent who say they’d feel safer if their child went to a school where no adult was allowed to own a gun. Fifteen percent weren’t sure.

The poll comes a week after Arkansas’s attorney general, Democrat Dustin McDaniel, said school districts in his state can’t employ teachers and staff as armed guards on campus because a state board that licenses private security agencies didn’t have the authority to allow them to do so. He did, however, say his ruling wouldn’t stop schools from contracting with private companies or using law enforcement as school-resource officers.

Edited by B-Man

I apologize if this has already been posted but this will be interesting to see if Christie vetoes a ban on .50s. Ok, I'd love to own and shoot one, but they should be banned, imo. The NRA of course thinks these are fine

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/6/new-jersey-final-gun-control-legislation-passes-senate-and-awaits-governor-chris-christies-signature.aspx

I apologize if this has already been posted but this will be interesting to see if Christie vetoes a ban on .50s. Ok, I'd love to own and shoot one, but they should be banned, imo. The NRA of course thinks these are fine

http://www.nraila.or...-signature.aspx

I remember a week or two ago when Powerball was up to like 400 million thinking that if I won, I'd go out and buy a bunch of Barrett's and give them as gifts

I remember a week or two ago when Powerball was up to like 400 million thinking that if I won, I'd go out and buy a bunch of Barrett's and give them as gifts

Oh, so you actually plan on what you are going to do when you win powerball? Ok....

Oh, so you actually plan on what you are going to do when you win powerball? Ok....

So you've never driven past a big Powerball billboard and thought what you would do with all that money?

I thought you would have been proud of me for thinking of spreading the wealth

http://www.nraila.or...-signature.aspx

You're right. It's far more humane to shoot an attacker three times in the stomache with a .22.