Your 2013 draft strategy if you were the Bill’s GM?

simpleman

If a QB draft is weak, it gives you MORE reason to draft lots of QBs, not less.

Let's say we ignore QB this year for the most part -- maybe draft a 4th-rounder or something -- and build up the rest of the team with shrewd draft picks at LB, etc.

Then Fitz leads that team to a 7-9 record and the #12 pick in the draft next year.

How the hell does that help the Bills? Are we going to be able to draft Manziel with #12?

If the 2014 draft is strong at QB, the Bills should try to suck in 2013 to be in the best position possible to get their QB of choice from 2014.

That means using every pick in 2013 on QBs. Draft a QB in every round. Hell, maybe we even hit on one and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Put it this way. A lot of people thought that it'd be stupid to tank a season to get Luck. Or to trade away so much to get RG3. Do you believe Colts fans and Redskins were satisfied this season? Playoff teams in their rookie QB's first year.

If the 2014 draft is supposed to be much better at QB, then we better start positioning ourselves properly to take advantage of it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GM's philosophy has to be set. Identify team areas of need and prioritize. Assess draft class talent. You may have to make do with current talent because the draft is weak at that position. Set your draft board and stick to it. Don't panic and reach. That being said if I am not happy or really want/need players around 8th pick, I would try to garner more draft picks and move back 10 or so picks. Ig I keep the selsection I would draft the best defender at 8th in the first, QB in second, ILB in third, Rest of draft shore up WR, DB and OL. All of this is subject to change. Resigning own free agents, getting a few free agents at mid level value, and trades in the first 7 picks can throw all the best made plans out the window.

this team has about 10 "needs".....

but, without a doubt.... our biggest need is a Franchise QB

assuming we do nothing in free agency to get a QB.....i'm using my #1 pick on a QB...in fact, i'm going the washington redskins route were not only am i using my first round pick......but i'm also going to use either my second or third on another QB.....because we have chit for QB's on this team.