Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the part you have to get past mentally. I admit I had to get past it too. I don't want the Bills to be considered cheaters but that is the way these days.

Manziel is over 18 and has the legal right to sign a contract. The Bills are a corporation and they are also able to sign a contract. If the NCAA and the NFL want to go to court, good luck with the contract already signed.

You obviously don't understand how these things work.

This is the only thing on your list that is realistic but it belongs in PPP with the Matt Damon rant.

So you don't want Manziel because he is mobile? :wacko:

Frankensteins like Mallet have long careers on a bench in today's NFL.

You stated that these mobile QB's have been winning when most the teams they are on where winning before there arrival with the exception of RGIII. My point is that the best QB's in the league are pocket passers, so if you are going to do something ridiculous to get a QB why not do it to get one that is going to be one of the best? You cant be serious in having a franchise hold a lawsuit with the NFL over signing a collegiate freshmen and you want do all this for the next Russel Wilson, RGIII, or Kaepernick? These guys have been playing for one year in the league, have you heard alot about Cam Newton this past season? like i said if you are going to do something ridiculous why not do it for a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or a Drew Brees, guys that have been putting up big numbers for years and continually have there teams in the playoffs no matter the supporting casts.

This is the part you have to get past mentally. I admit I had to get past it too. I don't want the Bills to be considered cheaters but that is the way these days.

Manziel is over 18 and has the legal right to sign a contract. The Bills are a corporation and they are also able to sign a contract. If the NCAA and the NFL want to go to court, good luck with the contract already signed.

It would be interesting, but the Bills probablly have a contract with the NFL that they will abide by NFL rules, including eligibility rules, which would likely render the contract w/ Manziel null and void. If not, the contract may be honored, but the NFL could keep him out until he reaches their eligibility threshhold.

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

You can't draft someone who ineligible nor draft to get his rights when he comes out.

And Manziel would have to actually agree to the contract which he wont do.

You put in a lot of typing to propose something that CAN'T happen.

wow 73 posts already, I should looked first :doh:

I'm on board with this.

In fact, they should go sign Patrick Willis too. Don't even let him play in the game Sunday in case he gets hurt. Just go do it right now. If the niners say he's still under contract, get Willis to tell them he was just kidding when he signed it.

It would be interesting, but the Bills probablly have a contract with the NFL that they will abide by NFL rules, including eligibility rules, which would likely render the contract w/ Manziel null and void. If not, the contract may be honored, but the NFL could keep him out until he reaches their eligibility threshhold.

That sounds an awful lot like restraint of trade and I'm sure the US Department of Justice would not look too kindly on it.

You stated that these mobile QB's have been winning when most the teams they are on where winning before there arrival with the exception of RGIII. My point is that the best QB's in the league are pocket passers, so if you are going to do something ridiculous to get a QB why not do it to get one that is going to be one of the best? You cant be serious in having a franchise hold a lawsuit with the NFL over signing a collegiate freshmen and you want do all this for the next Russel Wilson, RGIII, or Kaepernick? These guys have been playing for one year in the league, have you heard alot about Cam Newton this past season? like i said if you are going to do something ridiculous why not do it for a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or a Drew Brees, guys that have been putting up big numbers for years and continually have there teams in the playoffs no matter the supporting casts.

The league has changed. Name a pocket QB drafted in the past 5 years that has done anything. Don't try because you can't. Your choices are Skelton, Sanchez and crack head Frankenstein. They are all worthless.

Funny, I thought this was about the idea of drafting Johnny Football 8th overall even though he wasn't in the draft. Kind of like what the Celtics did with Larry Bird. Which if possible isn't the worst idea but that's completely against the NFL drafts rules.

Funny, I thought this was about the idea of drafting Johnny Football 8th overall even though he wasn't in the draft. Kind of like what the Celtics did with Larry Bird. Which if possible isn't the worst idea but that's completely against the NFL drafts rules.

I mentioned in the beginning of the thread that we would be cheating but that since we were the first ones doing it we would get away with it. Technically the Pats and Saints might not have been the first to cheat in the ways they did, but they were the first to get caught. We would get caught right away because ours would be cheating would be announced for the world to hear. I say screw it if it means we can get this kid.