General deal on Immigration among Senate gang...

dayman

Official details tomorrow apparently but from the article there seems to be nothing surprising. More border security and a verification plan in exchange for temporary legal status while those here wait for their turn w/ out line skipping and meet certain standards like background checks for taxes, criminal behavior, learn english etc...apparently a little more streamlined for the kids and certain provisions made for seasonal workers blah blah...

http://www.politico....deal-86793.html

Edited by SameOldBills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During today's W.H briefing, Carney was asked about the "agreement"

"I think it's important before we let the moment pass to acknowledge that the progress we're seeing embodied in the priniciples put forward by this bipartisan group is happening for a reason: I think it's happening because consensus is developing in the country, a bipartisan consensus, and it's happening because the president has demonstrated significant leadership on this issue," Carney said.

So let me get this straight, when the President had full control of the house and Senate for half his first term, he never made an effort for a comprehensive Immigration bill, and now that there was a bipartisan agreement on how to help fix the situation, he's gonna take credit?

:lol:

During today's W.H briefing, Carney was asked about the "agreement"

So let me get this straight, when the President had full control of the house and Senate for half his first term, he never made an effort for a comprehensive Immigration bill, and now that there was a bipartisan agreement on how to help fix the situation, he's gonna take credit?

:lol:

He's got four years to finally convince people that Obama is a leader.

Common, Carney, you can do it!!!

Typical... keep pulling this crap up, and sooner or later, the public is too tired to fight it anymore so you win...

Anyone else remember the barn storm when Booooosh tried to push through an amnesty bills? Remember the DC phone lines lit up, and shut down from overload? Amnesty was proposed then, and shut down because DC underestimated how many people would oppose it.....

No problem...

How does a bill become a law???

Bring it up again....and again...and again... and again if need be....

Until the Public is not paying attention, or could care less anymore...

Someone is sabotaging the Senate bill ?..........................ANY requirement for improving border security it seems is too high to allow the amnesty bill go forward.....................................or since actual governing requires effort and playing politics comes effortlessly to the Won, maybe thats whats up.

Obama to oppose Senate bill’s border enforcement requirements in immigration speech today

I use the term “border enforcement requirements” loosely, of course.

I’m sticking with what I wrote yesterday, that Obama’s insistence on giving a big left-wing speech about immigration is really just a way to make the Senate bill look “moderate” by comparison. He has to walk a fine line in praising the bill to keep skittish Democrats on board while criticizing the enforcement parts so that skittish Republicans can sell it to their supporters as being “too conservative for Obama.” I think that’s what he’s up to today in Vegas, but you never know with The One. The urge to fatally polarize this issue by attacking Republicans in front of a microphone might simply be too great.

A friend in politics e-mailed last night with the subject line “HAHAHAHAHA” linking to this piece, which describes how Obama “does not favor linking legal status to border security,” i.e. that he wants to get work on citizenship for illegals ASAP. My friend’s take: “Obama either wants a bill to fail so that he can continue clubbing Republicans as intransigent, or he can’t help himself effing up the process.” C’mon. Could O really be so stupid as to refuse the GOP’s insane offer to add millions more Democratic voters to the rolls via a path to citizenship? We’re about to find out, my friends.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/29/obama-to-oppose-senate-bills-border-enforcement-requirement-in-immigration-speech-today/

Obama wants to do what Reagan did to the Democrats, which was destroy them both on policy and in rhetoric.

Of course there is one little difference between the two, Reagan had effective policy accomplishments that produced tangible results, Obama on the other hand doesn't really have much to show for other than winning a couple of elections.

So I wouldn't be surprised that Obama tries to demagogue part of the Bipartisan agreement by doing what he does best which is to create these strawmen's and vilify them by playing on the emotions of his constituents. Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.

Obama wants to do what Reagan did to the Democrats, which was destroy them both on policy and in rhetoric.

Of course there is one little difference between the two, Reagan had effective policy accomplishments that produced tangible results, Obama on the other hand doesn't really have much to show for other than winning a couple of elections.

So I wouldn't be surprised that Obama tries to demagogue part of the Bipartisan agreement by doing what he does best which is to create these strawmen's and vilify them by playing on the emotions of his constituents. Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!! JOHN HUNTSMAN!!!

So the triggers are good enough for the bipartisan effort by the six senators, but not good enough for man more concerned with 2014 and 2016 than he is with the country's welfare......................after four years, he still doesn't know how to display any leadership................once a community organizer, always a community organizer.

Tellingly, Obama’s own framework for immigration reform, released Tuesday, does not include the one element that nearly every Republican has described as a deal breaker: a so-called enforcement trigger that would make any effort to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship contingent on verifiable improvements in border security and enforcement measures.

The Senate framework included such a measure, and Senator Marco Rubio (R., Fla.), a leading member of the bipartisan effort, has been adamant that he would not sign on to a final bill that does not require border security and enhanced enforcement measures as a binding precondition for legalization.

I am concerned by the president’s unwillingness to accept significant enforcement triggers before current undocumented immigrants can apply for a green card,” Rubio said in a statement. “Without such triggers in place, enforcement systems will never be implemented and we will be back in just a few years dealing with millions of new undocumented people in our country.

If one thing was clear from Obama’s speech it’s that he’s more concerned with the next election than he is with solving a major problem,” said another Republican aide. “Marco Rubio is the only one who is leading right now.”

http://www.nationalr...n-andrew-stiles

Edited by B-Man

How much for that trip to a Las Vegas school (for backdrop) for a speech on immigration policy today ? ?

He didn’t deal with any of the hard issues and just regurgitated the usual boilerplate about how we’re a nation of immigrants and our system is broken, etc.

In fact, he’s become self-parody.

President Obama’s nine-hour round-trip flight to Las Vegas to make his immigration-reform speech this afternoon cost the taxpayers an estimated $1.6 million; there were no other public or known events on the president’s schedule for the day. According to the New York Times transcript, the 25-minute speech contained 3,060 words, coming out to $522.88 per word.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/339171/obamas-immigration-speech-cost-more-500-word-andrew-johnson