Jason Campbell in FA

Mango

No he hasnt dude owns a 60 percent career completion percentage. Campbells only problem is he's apparently turned into Chris Chandler ie he's made of glass.

Why don't you take a look at his scouting reports. I am not going to dig them up for you. He is universally considered a slow decision-maker.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you take a look at his scouting reports. I am not going to dig them up for you. He is universally considered a slow decision-maker.

Why don't you look at some of Campbells former games,playing in the west coast offense,and thriving in a system that required him to make instantaneous decisions about where to go with the football.

The Bills don't have one single quality backup quarterback on their roster.

Unless you want to pay $10 million for a guy who said after the season ended that he was "a starting quarterback in the NFL."

I'm pretty sure that every QB in the NFL thinks they should be a starter, but we all know that isn't true.

Also last time I checked Fitz DID start 16 games last season, so yes, he's a starter in the NFL. (Smartass sarcasm there).

Load up on backups if y'all want. Just don't B word and moan when the Bills go sub .500 again because their QB play sucks. (Also a hint of sarcasm there).

This team needs a franchise QB and Campbell is no franchise QB.

I'm pretty sure that every QB in the NFL thinks they should be a starter, but we all know that isn't true.

Also last time I checked Fitz DID start 16 games last season, so yes, he's a starter in the NFL. (Smartass sarcasm there).

Load up on backups if y'all want. Just don't B word and moan when the Bills go sub .500 again because their QB play sucks. (Also a hint of sarcasm there).

:wallbash: Have you even read this thread (No sarcasm there,im dead serious).

Might as well re-post this in the proper thread:

I would gladly bring in Campbell if both of the following conditions were met:

1) He signed an affordable contract

2) He came here with the explicit understanding that he would be competing for the starting job with a young, quarterback of the future and that if everything went according to plan, that he would be the backup and mentor for the young quarterback.

If he was fine with both those things, why WOULDN'T you bring him in?

He's better than anyone we've had here in years.

We'd have a good stopgap, a good backup, and a good mentor.

It's exactly the kind of move the Bills should be looking to make.

I agree thoroughly with Item one, and partially with Item two.

The only thing I'd change is WHO Jason Cambell would be competing for the #1 spot with.

For my money, he'd have to duke it out with Matt Flynn for the starting Job. -Not to invoke the race card, but Flynn isn't gonna be keen on losing another starting job to an African-American QB...

Once TC heats up, I'm sure he'll elevate his play in order to distance himself from the pack. Meanwhile, whatever clipboard-stand QB we draft will get first hand knowledge of what a QB competition is really like without necessarily being involved.

So to re-cap: Pick up Cambell. Pick up Flynn. Take a project in round 5 or 6. -This path leaves us with a bona fide starter, serviceable backup, and promising future.

All this, of course is predicated on the assumption that NONE of our current QB's will be on the TC roster.

Edited by #34fan

The only thing I'd change is WHO Jason Cambell would be competing for the #1 spot with.

For my money, he'd have to duke it out with Matt Flynn for the starting Job. -Not to invoke the race card, but Flynn isn't gonna be keen on losing another starting job to an African-American QB...

Once TC heats up, I'm sure he'll elevate his play in order to distance himself from the pack. Meanwhile, whatever clipboard-stand QB we draft will get first hand knowledge of what a QB competition is really like without necessarily being involved.

So to re-cap: Pick up Cambell. Pick up Flynn. Take a project in round 5 or 6. -This path leaves us with a bona fide starter, serviceable backup, and promising future.

All this, of course is predicated on the assumption that NONE of our current QB's will not be on the TC roster.

Im Down, except I'd take a look at a QB in rounds 2 or 3.

All this, of course is predicated on the assumption that NONE of our current QB's will not be on the TC roster.

huh?...so Flynn is racist.

I just don't want to hitch our wagons to one guy or this year for a QB. If Shanahan taught us anything it's find a guy you love and throw everything at him. Getting the wrong guy NOW could set us back 5 years and commit us unnecessarily. Flynn has played 1 good NFL game.

huh?...so Flynn is racist.

A) WORST. DEDUCTION. EVER.

B) By my faulty science, putting Flynn in a similiar situation as last year, might prompt him to force a different outcome. -It's just a sneaky way to get the guy to play his @ss off.

:wallbash: Have you even read this thread (No sarcasm there,im dead serious).

Yeah, I've read it. It's just like all of the other free agent QB threads here. Just a different name. However, the outcome will be the same.

i think this is precisely what i am trying to avoid. this class doesn't seem to have much ilk. grab a seat warmer in FA. EJ Manuel seems to have some Kaepernik like skill level and upside but not ready. Grabbing him in the 3rd makes us not committed to him, and allows us to bet the farm on a much better guy that we actually like rather than dig deep to find plus sides in whats available now. would you be opposed with grabbing EJ Manuel now making it easier for us to grab A guy like McCarron next year, or is it more important to have Nassib now.

Exactly. We don't have to go all in on a QB THIS year. If there's a QB we feel is worthy going all in on, go all in. I don't think there's any really good options this year.

You can't just say let's draft a QB next year. The chances of winning 5 or more games are too great and that puts you out of the running. I do recognize that if Fitz gets cut we are quarterbackless, and Campbell could work. But we need to perform due diligence and pick a QB this year to be our future.

Winning 5 games means we can't draft a QB? That's just stupid. There are several QBs in next years draft, that, IMO would be the number one QB in this years draft. If we draft #4-8 next year and don't think one of those QBs will be available when we pick, grow some balls and trade up. Give up multiple picks to get one. If the FO/coaching staff isn't sold on any QBs available this year, why do we have to pick a QB of the future this year? It makes zero sense and would put our franchise back even further.

Just wondering which QBs that might be available have a good chance of being a "franchise QB"?

A) WORST. DEDUCTION. EVER.

B) By my faulty science, putting Flynn in a similiar situation as last year, might prompt him to force a different outcome. -It's just a sneaky way to get the guy to play his @ss off.

A) NO

B)Without beating a dead horse or taking this thread a rye, you are suggesting that skin color would be Flynn's main motivator. He'd be less motivated if he where competing against a fair skinned QB? He would be happier in seattle if he lost to a white guy? I know I go to work everyday just being mad at all the black guys who are better then me at their jobs, but less perturbed at whitey for sure.

Exactly. We don't have to go all in on a QB THIS year. If there's a QB we feel is worthy going all in on, go all in. I don't think there's any really good options this year.

Winning 5 games means we can't draft a QB? That's just stupid. There are several QBs in next years draft, that, IMO would be the number one QB in this years draft. If we draft #4-8 next year and don't think one of those QBs will be available when we pick, grow some balls and trade up. Give up multiple picks to get one. If the FO/coaching staff isn't sold on any QBs available this year, why do we have to pick a QB of the future this year? It makes zero sense and would put our franchise back even further.

Just wondering which QBs that might be available have a good chance of being a "franchise QB"?

Not sure who is even available in free agency. Not a scout for rookies so I couldn't help there.

Jason Campbell is no franchise QB though.

Edited by Kevin

If you have one of those awesome - but it seems a caretaker plus a hope and a prayer rookie is the best bet in the real world.

Not sure who is even available in free agency. Not a scout for rookies so I couldn't help there.

Ahhhh so you have no idea about the landscape but are telling everyone he's not a viable option

It's its likely that none of the guys available to us will be either. The worst case scenario IMO, is investing a 1st on a QB, a la gabbert/locker/ponder that will be, at best a game manager or bust altogether. Meanwhile, he starts for the next 2-4 years and is mediocre. I'd rather use a later pick, less of an investment and easier to move on. Next years QBs look dam good in my book. This years? Ugh.

If you have one of those awesome - but it seems a caretaker plus a hope and a prayer rookie is the best bet in the real world.

Ahhhh so you have no idea about the landscape but are telling everyone he's not a viable option

Word.

Being in the DC area I just remember him too well with the Redskins. This guy is garbage...stay away. He is one of the reasons why Lovie is on the market. When the Redskins started Rex Grossman after Campbell was cut, Rex was a clear upgrade ...and Grossman is garbage.

B)Without beating a dead horse or taking this thread a rye, you are suggesting that skin color would be Flynn's main motivator. He'd be less motivated if he where competing against a fair skinned QB? He would be happier in seattle if he lost to a white guy? I know I go to work everyday just being mad at all the black guys who are better then me at their jobs, but less perturbed at whitey for sure.

I was talking about the possibility of Flynn having a case of Deja Vu. If you've been triggered, I suggest you reset yourself immediately. People get banned around here for much less.

Obviously you responded to my post without comprehending one word of it.