"Drove my Chevy to the school zone....."

Just Jack

I watch Perry Mason and stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express last night:

Kinda sucks... Judge takes the officer's word more, of course IF THEY CAN PROPERLY REMEMBER the incdent. The officer probably doesn't write many tickets and remembers the incident as plain as day. Better to craft a defense when somebody gets a ticket in a very busy area where the officers write many tickets... Get the standard continuance to keep the incident as far from the memory of the cop as possible. Of course DO NOT make any kinda of fuss or what not when pulled over. OR put on any kinda of incident to help the cop remember the ticket situation. Passengers do NOT say a word and should become "invisible." This way, when you get to court, the defense can be to discredit the cop's memory too. Ask questions like: "What color was my car?" "Was I with anybody else?" Etc... Etc.. While cross examination is going on. If they look @ crib notes, try to pull the heresay objection... LoL... (I never tried that) Again, McLean was screwed on many fronts (being popular) given this situation when it comes to "his word vs. his word."

FWIW, I actually got a judge to rule in my favor on a speeding ticket (radar going the other way: Crux of the defense was he tagged the wrong car... Cop couldn't recall how heavy or light the traffic was too) and had it thrown out... The cop, couldn't remember squat. Maybe I just went up against a lazy cop in court, a lot of other cops didn't even show up for court that day (even lazier)!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois