ESPN Mag on Stevie's move: "So crazy it just might work."

l< j

Yeah, that was my feeling too!

Why would you put exactly what you do, muscle movement by muscle movement, for everyone to see? You just gave away the secret of your game; down to your thought process while you do it.

He gave away nothing.

A) it's only one of many moves

B) every bit of it is on tape 100 times that DBs do actually watch

C) "I move one way to make him think I'm going that way" couldn't be less of a secret

Edited by NoSaint

He gave away nothing.

A) it's only one of many moves

B) every bit if it is on tape 100 times that DBs do actuallywatch

C) "I move one way to make him think I'm going that way" couldn't be less of a secret

Exactly.

This is what I like about Stevie's game the most. He's definitely not the fastest WR in the game, but he's one of the best in getting separation from a defender.

Exactly.

This is what I like about Stevie's game the most. He's definitely not the fastest WR in the game, but he's one of the best in getting separation from a defender.

Yup - what's special in this isn't any given muscle movement in this move, it's how the various moves play off each other, how he reads the defender and how he sequences them play to play. That's all him in the moment. Every defender has seen his "step inside and release out" on film. This move isn't a secret, so he didnt give anything away.

Exactly.

he is one of very few receivers I have seen that can beat the defender in the first three yards off the ball. amazing instincts.