A GM's Decision The Futures Calling

T master

Ummm. If Tarvaris gets signed by another team , don't the Bills actually get a compensatory pick? So in the end it's a wash?

Anyway , I don't get why folks here are obsessing over the 7th round pick thst was used to obtain TJ. That's usually a throwaway pick.

The compensatory pick thing i don't know about BUT

Can you say Stevie Johnson 7th round - 2008 - 224th pick over all !!!!! Now That's what i'm talkin bout in the 7th round !!!!!

we are treating this 7th round pick like it was a top of the draft 1 - why ?

STEVIE J that's why !!

Stevie Johnson was drafted in the seventh round...just saying

The compensatory pick thing i don't know about BUT

Can you say Stevie Johnson 7th round - 2008 - 224th pick over all !!!!! Now That's what i'm talkin bout in the 7th round !!!!!

STEVIE J that's why !!

Yeah, exactly what people need to realize. Jonathan Smith, Kenard Cox, and Jarrett Ferguson, too, were also 7th round selections. Seventh rounders.... yeah! Gold mines!

I've never seen people so upset about the loss of a 7th round pick. Its baffling

Well the OP isn't really upset but is just putting it out there. And only one other poster in the thread is backing him up.

Everyone else is like "what's the big deal?"

If more people did opium a lot fewer people would get worked up around here.

I've never seen people so upset about the loss of a 7th round pick. Its baffling

Ryan Durand, Blake Schlueter, Noah Herron, and Erik Cook were all 7th round picks.

How the bloody hell do people see a diamond in the rough, stevie Johnson, D. Bell, and just a few more and think they'll all be that way.

....I am glad I do not remember the 12 round drafts because then it'd be more ridiculous.

The most interesting FA is actually Jason Campbell. He was having a really good year in Oakland until he got hurt. Oakland bet the farm on Palmer and was forced to stick with him. He's the only FA I'd kick the tires on. Rather that and EJ Manuel in the 3rd then waste a first on Nassib.

The most interesting FA is actually Jason Campbell. He was having a really good year in Oakland until he got hurt. Oakland bet the farm on Palmer and was forced to stick with him. He's the only FA I'd kick the tires on. Rather that and EJ Manuel in the 3rd then waste a first on Nassib.

I'd take a look at Matt Moore as well. But yea Campbell is definetly the best FA QB.

I would gladly bring in Campbell if both of the following conditions were met:

1) He signed an affordable contract

2) He came here with the explicit understanding that he would be competing for the starting job with a young, quarterback of the future and that if everything went according to plan, that he would be the backup and mentor for the young quarterback.

If he was fine with both those things, why WOULDN'T you bring him in?

He's better than anyone we've had here in years.

We'd have a good stopgap, a good backup, and a good mentor.

It's exactly the kind of move the Bills should be looking to make.

So then what your saying is keep Fitz as a back up & pay him $10.45 mill to do it ? Cause you still got to have a back up but at that price you could have 3 for one .

Just asking .

well my understanding is that the bills save 400k in cap money and 4 mil in real money by cutting fitz. but they would have to go out and get a veteran to replace him which would cost at the least 3 mil for very likely a significantly inferior player. so what would the bills really be saving?

i think its likely smarter to keep him to at least participate in a competition for the job. if they can get him to restructure then all the better

weve heard all along the bills were smart to leave themselves an out in the fitz deal but frankly it looks like they are still in a very tough spot at the position

my perfect draft

1st-Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan- kid is a stud. Glenn can move to guard or even RT. Shoring up the OL

2nd-DesmondTrufant CB Washington - His stock is rising but previously given a low first high second round grade. Most likely won't be there

3rd- EJ Manuel QB Florida State- His readiness should have him drafted here, he is polarizing for some.

this would allow us to grab another QB in the first next year if we see fit while grabbing a guy with tremendous upside. I know we wouldn't address LB until round 4, but this draft would be stellar for this football team. We need a CB so expect one in the first two rounds. Can't pass up a blue chip OT when they are there. This OL is a bit over rated, we need the help badly

Any mock draft that doesn't have us taking a LB in the first 3 rounds sucks IMO. Other than QB, its our biggest weakness. It must be addressed early. If not, we'll likely draft another Sheppard, Bradham, carder.......fail