A GM's Decision The Futures Calling

T master

We all know it's coming up on a new era in Bills football, all of us are trying to look toward the positive side of the future, but there are some elements of our past that need to be considered.

This year with the future calling, a lot of Bills fans have their own opinion's of what to do with the QB position, LB's & WR's but how do we not waste one draft pick this year seeing as all of them are needed & could prove useful.

One draft pick that i would like the Bills fans to put on your GM hat & make a decision on from this years draft picks is the one that was used last year to get T Jack to come to the Bills.

With the new coaching staff now in place do you just totally forget about what was the past or do you try & salvage what you can, in that meaning the draft pick of which i am talking about.

Do you just let T jack walk off into the sunset carrying with him the draft pick used to get him here or do you offer him a chance to compete in this years camp ? I think it would be smart to at least let the guy prove he was worth what we gave up to get him here.

We know he can be no less than a good back up for who ever is the Bills QB this year. He would probably be money wise a bit cheaper too, but at least by keeping him around seeing if he is willing the draft pick wouldn't be a total lose like the Carder/ Asper picks of last years draft.

We can't continue to waste draft picks we need all we can get & we need to add them not give them away.

So put on your GM hat & how do you go about making this decision ? Do you just forget it along with the past & move on or do you try to salvage the pick & talk about the possibility of T Jack.

Teams saw more in Ponder, Matt Flynn, Russ Wilson, and others then what they saw in TJax, and there was a lot more to see of TJax then the others - so those people making those choices determined it was more worthwhile to risk what they might get in those guys above over what they had in TJax.

We would have to out bid others for his services. How much are you willing to pay him? He's alright. I wouldn't hate it if we re sign him and let him compete in training camp. But I don't think he's much better than Fitz, if any.

As far as the draft pick goes, it's gone and done. His contract is up. We have no claim on him whatsoever at this point. We have to sign Tarvaris just like any team that wants him.

Edited by reddogblitz

Keep him and throw him into the mix at TC. Training camp fodder enhances the competitive environment. Gets the young guys to shine brighter.

Why dont we attempt to bring in quality players to enhance competition? A competition between Fitz and Tjax hardly enhances anything

my perfect draft

1st-Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan- kid is a stud. Glenn can move to guard or even RT. Shoring up the OL

2nd-DesmondTrufant CB Washington - His stock is rising but previously given a low first high second round grade. Most likely won't be there

3rd- EJ Manuel QB Florida State- His readiness should have him drafted here, he is polarizing for some.

this would allow us to grab another QB in the first next year if we see fit while grabbing a guy with tremendous upside. I know we wouldn't address LB until round 4, but this draft would be stellar for this football team. We need a CB so expect one in the first two rounds. Can't pass up a blue chip OT when they are there. This OL is a bit over rated, we need the help badly

tjax is worse than fitz, and both are likely career backups from this point on. put down the opium pipe and get some electroshock therapy

So then what your saying is keep Fitz as a back up & pay him $10.45 mill to do it ? Cause you still got to have a back up but at that price you could have 3 for one .

Just asking .

Edited by T master

Do you just let T jack walk off into the sunset carrying with him the draft pick used to get him here or do you offer him a chance to compete in this years camp ? I think it would be smart to at least let the guy prove he was worth what we gave up to get him here.

We know he can be no less than a good back up for who ever is the Bills QB this year. He would probably be money wise a bit cheaper too, but at least by keeping him around seeing if he is willing the draft pick wouldn't be a total lose like the Carder/ Asper picks of last years draft.

We can't continue to waste draft picks we need all we can get & we need to add them not give them away.

So put on your GM hat & how do you go about making this decision ? Do you just forget it along with the past & move on or do you try to salvage the pick & talk about the possibility of T Jack.

Ummm. If Tarvaris gets signed by another team , don't the Bills actually get a compensatory pick? So in the end it's a wash?

Anyway , I don't get why folks here are obsessing over the 7th round pick thst was used to obtain TJ. That's usually a throwaway pick.

We would have to out bid others for his services. How much are you willing to pay him? He's alright. I wouldn't hate it if we re sign him and let him compete in training camp. But I don't think he's much better than Fitz, if any.

As far as the draft pick goes, it's gone and done. His contract is up. We have no claim on him whatsoever at this point. We have to sign Tarvaris just like any team that wants him.

we are treating this 7th round pick like it was a top of the draft 1 - why ?

Thigpen is a UFA as well. And he was ahead of TJax on the depth chart all season. Maybe we should worry about losing him as well? B-)

Would it really be such a bad thing to blow up the QB position (replace Fitz and Smith too)? Are journeyman backup QBs who can wear a baseball hat that hard to find?

Exactly!!! B-)