Draft Magazine 100 best beer bars

Beerball

I know this is a VERY subjective list. I've been to all of the Philly bars on the list but if they made the list then dozens of other Philly bars should be on that list. That isn't meant to take away from the ones listed, that is more to say that the bars not on the list are that good. And to not include Syracuse's Blue Tusk or Richmond's Capital Ale House or Sedona...granted that list should be bigger than 25 per region...but I guess at least good beer is being noticed.

Kind of strange seeing these lists, because I've been to some of them and never see what makes one so much better then so many others. TacoMac and Flying Saucer have as much or more beer as many places but never make the list because they are not the real "bar" type vs. an emporium of beer.

i think that's just it...it's the atmosphere, all those philly places on the list and the ones i feel should be on it are small almost neighborhood bars, whereas flying saucer(for example) is a large bar where you'd be hard pressed to see the same bar tender twice...

Kind of strange seeing these lists, because I've been to some of them and never see what makes one so much better then so many others. TacoMac and Flying Saucer have as much or more beer as many places but never make the list because they are not the real "bar" type vs. an emporium of beer.

i think that's just it...it's the atmosphere, all those philly places on the list and the ones i feel should be on it are small almost neighborhood bars, whereas flying saucer(for example) is a large bar where you'd be hard pressed to see the same bar tender twice...

Yes. This and much more. An example: At Taco Mac, you might have your server say something to you like "we have a special today on pitchers of Coors Light." At the other REAL bars, you'd get laughed out of the place for even mentioning swill like that.

my local place knows me and knows my tendencies(hoppier the better :D ) and often suggest and give me samples of new stuff that has been tapped, they also know that i try not to have the same beer at the same sitting, unless of course it is an exceptional and rare tapping....

Yes. This and much more. An example: At Taco Mac, you might have your server say something to you like "we have a special today on pitchers of Coors Light." At the other REAL bars, you'd get laughed out of the place for even mentioning swill like that.