Amazing Race Is Back!

Just Jack

Well said...and I agree about the apology. The show has been on a long while and aside from a few teams who developed a case of "ugly Americanitis", I don't recall the show ever stepping into hot water or being disrespectful. Hopefully this was dealt with internally, as well, and the bonehead director or producer(s) responsible took a few well-placed smacks to the back of the head.

I already stated that I had no problem with the Vietnamese song, but I did not mention anything about the B-52 sight. Which was definitely offensive.

I am glad to see that CBS apologized for this, and I agree with aj, The Amazing Race has never dealt with controversy like this before. It is one of the few "Reality/Competition" shows that doesn't go out of it's way to be offensive. Remember, this is not the first time that the race has had a leg in Vietnam, but they never displayed anything like that before.

As for last night's episode, could you believe what those bushmen were doing with those scorpions?! :o

Edited by Mark Vader

• 4 weeks later...

Max and Katie are friends of ours...actually having dinner with then tmrw night....should be interesting....have not seen them since they...returned from the show...the good news is they are still happily married after just recently being married prior to the shooting of the season.

So did they already have the cars before tonights episode?

• 2 weeks later...

That "spy" challenge was lame. There was no skill involved, it was all luck of the draw - run around the Tidal Basin until you find the agent who responds to you was the best they could do? A cynical person might even say that the game was fixed -- the hockey players were right next to the Buffalo couple, yet their agent responded, whereas Buffalo's agent was nowhere to be found. Pretty lame if you ask me.

That "spy" challenge was lame. There was no skill involved, it was all luck of the draw - run around the Tidal Basin until you find the agent who responds to you was the best they could do? A cynical person might even say that the game was fixed -- the hockey players were right next to the Buffalo couple, yet their agent responded, whereas Buffalo's agent was nowhere to be found. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Yeah the spy challenge could have been better. The "Titanic" or "Spray Paint" detour was much more difficult.

Congrats to Bates & Anthony. It's not like Max & Katie didn't win anything.

Yeah the spy challenge could have been better. The "Titanic" or "Spray Paint" detour was much more difficult.

Congrats to Bates & Anthony. It's not like Max & Katie didn't win anything.

Not like Bates and Anthony didn't win anything either. ;)

That said, did anyone else find irony in the fact that the Buffalo Bills team came in 2nd place...? :( (although with recent history, I'd take that ... LOL )