Amazing Race Is Back!

Just Jack

Max and Katie are friends of ours...actually having dinner with then tmrw night....should be interesting....have not seen them since they...returned from the show...the good news is they are still happily married after just recently being married prior to the shooting of the season.

Max and Katie are friends of ours...actually having dinner with then tmrw night....should be interesting....have not seen them since they...returned from the show...the good news is they are still happily married after just recently being married prior to the shooting of the season.

I didn't realize she was also a former Buffalo Jill....

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/locals-part-of-the-amazing-race-cast

Still my favorite show. Can't wait. No obligatory gay couple this time that I can see. That's kinda odd. They have a definite formula for casting usually to cover all demographics. Or most of them anyway.

Edited by Dante

• 4 weeks later...

Yep.a good one too...she is a really smart girl....America will love to hate her cuz she is smart and pretty....her uncle is also mike gilbert who is vp of public relations for the sabres

She doesn't seem that friendly from the first few minutes of the show.

As for the episode itself, I wonder if they could have knocked over several sand castles at a time, then rebuild once they found a clue, or if it was written that they had to go one at a time.

Boy I just feel sorry for the father-son team. They get first place but then find out that they are still racing. You gotta hand it to the guy racing on crutches.

Yeah, but the only reason they got first was because of the express pass. They won't be so lucky now. Too bad, I liked them, but they have practically no shot.

• 3 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on the Vietnam episode?

http://radio.woai.co...rticle=11091395

Personally, it's not like they knew what the people were singing, and I wonder if any of the older racers mentioned the war, but it got edited out.

Hey, it's their country, if they like it that way, so be it.

Tough luck for the father/son team, they did an amazing job and they walked away with a trip and $5,000 each. :thumbsup:

BTW, how about the episode before last, with the team not using the express pass? How stupid was that? Not to mention it gave Phil the funniest moment he's ever had on the show.

BTW, how about the episode before last, with the team not using the express pass? How stupid was that? Not to mention it gave Phil the funniest moment he's ever had on the show.

At some point you've got to make that decision if you've been working on a roadblock or detour to use it. If I remember, they thought someone was still behind them, right?

And that reminds me, from the Vietnam episode, I would think that it was a rule that you could not u-turn another team until you complete your u-turn. Since the "last" team was not eliminated, it didn't make much of a difference anyway, but I think it should be a rule.

What are your thoughts on the Vietnam episode?

http://radio.woai.co...rticle=11091395

Personally, it's not like they knew what the people were singing, and I wonder if any of the older racers mentioned the war, but it got edited out.

Im glad to see that I'm not the only one who was disgusted by what they showed. I actually was just talking to James about this in PM a few days ago and asked him his thoughts...I didn't know we had an active thread for this sesaon of the show, so this is cool.

I was less bothered by the song than I was the crash site. As I told James, all I kept thinking about was how it was like some trophy that they were keeping there to gloat about...which led to thoughts about our troops who had been killed being dragged all throughout the streets of Iraq or wherever that has taken place. At least with the communist song it doesn't really affect anyone but them...if they want to adopt and immerse in that ideology, then have at it. But to have on display a B52, flown by Americans and shot down during the war, I was just sick to my stomach. I don't understand how CBS could possibly allow this... I always note that I come to the table with a heightened sensitivity when it comes to our armed forces since I come from a family of so many vets, but that aside, this should not have taken place, IMO.

Mark: I agree, that guy whose wife kept saying, "we need to use the pass!", was a complete tool. Phil's reaction was classic...and I loved how the guy from Buffalo kept cracking up when he heard what happened.

I missed the first ~10 minutes of last night's ep because of the schedule shuffle with the NCAA tourney, but AR's Facebook page has a link that appeared at the start of the show, making an apology for last week's content:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151573928185953

As AJ alluded to, I come from a military family and it was very disappointing to see AR include such overt political messages as appeared in the challenges. I don't really recall a previous moment on the show where that has happened. We all know the war occurred and there's no taking it back or forgetting it, but to actually feature 'Communism is Great' and the shell of a downed American plane was in terrible taste. Not quite Jane Fonda sitting and posing and smiling at an anti-aircraft weapon that killed American soldiers, to be sure, but.... It's OK to acknowledge it, it's not OK to beat viewers over the head about something that happened 40 years ago. As if nothing has happened in Vietnam since then? I could even have understood if they'd done *one* of these and then did a hut-building or garment or food challenge or something, but the particular combination just smacked of someone's deliberate agenda. AR is about the thrill of travel and experiencing other cultures, being respectful and appreciative of them, and enjoying the moment and learning. It is and should not be some kind of guilt and/or indoctrination trip.

OK, then. They apologized. We hope they steer clear of stuff like this in the future. Race on!

I missed the first ~10 minutes of last night's ep because of the schedule shuffle with the NCAA tourney, but AR's Facebook page has a link that appeared at the start of the show, making an apology for last week's content:

https://www.facebook...151573928185953

As AJ alluded to, I come from a military family and it was very disappointing to see AR include such overt political messages as appeared in the challenges. I don't really recall a previous moment on the show where that has happened. We all know the war occurred and there's no taking it back or forgetting it, but to actually feature 'Communism is Great' and the shell of a downed American plane was in terrible taste. Not quite Jane Fonda sitting and posing and smiling at an anti-aircraft weapon that killed American soldiers, to be sure, but.... It's OK to acknowledge it, it's not OK to beat viewers over the head about something that happened 40 years ago. As if nothing has happened in Vietnam since then? I could even have understood if they'd done *one* of these and then did a hut-building or garment or food challenge or something, but the particular combination just smacked of someone's deliberate agenda. AR is about the thrill of travel and experiencing other cultures, being respectful and appreciative of them, and enjoying the moment and learning. It is and should not be some kind of guilt and/or indoctrination trip.

OK, then. They apologized. We hope they steer clear of stuff like this in the future. Race on!

Well said...and I agree about the apology. The show has been on a long while and aside from a few teams who developed a case of "ugly Americanitis", I don't recall the show ever stepping into hot water or being disrespectful. Hopefully this was dealt with internally, as well, and the bonehead director or producer(s) responsible took a few well-placed smacks to the back of the head.