Would you like to see this at RWS next year?

to the OP: nope. If you go to a game and can't see a giant orange exclamation point on the sidelines, then maybe you might reconsider attending the game altogether.

Id rather they use the technology to benefit the actual game, and maybe put a chip in the ball so there is no questioning if the ball crossed or not. Still not sure why they arent using that technology yet for first downs and touchdowns.

How would you know if the ball crossed the line after his knee was down, or if the ball was extended past the line after the whistle? This would be a nightmare.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Only if they put an arrow showing which way the ball is going, a blue circle around the ball and a red circle when the ball is moving fast. Also, a little box around the WR chest so we know the appropriate zone to catch th ball.

to the OP: nope. If you go to a game and can't see a giant orange exclamation point on the sidelines, then maybe you might reconsider attending the game altogether.

I agree completely with this part. It's helpful on TV, but Ive never had a problem seeing the first down marker when at a game.

How would you know if the ball crossed the line after his knee was down, or if the ball was extended past the line after the whistle? This would be a nightmare.

I dont know man, I dont have the entire implementation figured out. Yet. :) Im not saying use it to make every call, but maybe they can use it for replays. Like if a light goes on the instant the ball crosses the goal line, you could use that if you are reviewing to compare where a player's knee was when the ball crossed.

Either way, in a game of inches, which is more like a game of millimeters nowadays, you would think theyd see the benefit and figure out a way to get it installed.

"That first-down line could become part of the in-game experience at all 32 NFL stadiums."

There are 31, right? Giants/Jets share...

Another fine piece of journalism from the lot that missed the fact that the phantom gf of T'eo lived in a town that doesn't exist.

Only if they put an arrow showing which way the ball is going, a blue circle around the ball and a red circle when the ball is moving fast. Also, a little box around the WR chest so we know the appropriate zone to catch th ball.

:lol:

Considering what a stupid idea this is, I'm sure it'll be rolled out in the next few years.

It's usually more difficult to determine when exactly the ball crossed the line depending on the camera angle. If the technology could correspnd to the various video angles, it should be fairly simple to view the knee--- or simpler, anyway.

Yeah, if they wear a sensor on them maybe the ball could flash green if the WR catches it and flash red if the DB picks it.

Id rather they use the technology to benefit the actual game, and maybe put a chip in the ball so there is no questioning if the ball crossed or not. Still not sure why they arent using that technology yet for first downs and touchdowns.

I always wondered about that too... Chip in the ball. Football is like building a missile base to launch bottle rockets... Then they come trotting out with the chains. I used to work in hydrographic survey, do soundings (depth readings) before all the GPS stuff... We'd get to a 100th of an inch on shore building the baseline but, once we got on the water and took a sounding... Didn't matter is we were within 20 feet... LoL