Russ Brandon at the Senior Bowl

This guy admitted that he will not be involved in the personal descisions of the team but yet he is tweeting from the Senior Bowl practices. Why? He is a sales/marketing guy why is he wasting his time acting like a scout at the Senior Bowl. Giving this guy more power within the organization is yet another blunder by Ralph Wilson in a career chalk full of blunders.

Look at the Front Office of this organization as listed on the teams website:

Owner-enough said

President & CEO- A Sales Marketing Guy who likes to tweet and participate in Home Run Derby's at the AAA all star game

Chief Financial Officer-Jeffrey Littman

Where is the football knowledge? I know this is beating a dead horse but the root of all that is wrong at One Bills Drive over the last 15 years lies at the feet of these three men who know next to nothing about building a winning organization.

I forgot to mention in Doug Marrone's introductory press conference, Russ Brandon referred to Ken Wisenhunt as "Wis."

Russ you're a tool.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Professional Development? What, he's not allowed to take a look at some of the elite college talent coming into the NFL? He's not allowed to educate himself on scouting and personnel so that he becomes a better "football guy"?

SOOO you're saying it was a blunder to give this guy control just because he's at the Senior Bowl and he likes to tweet a lot?

It's January, let's settle down a little bit.

So, as a NFL prospect, the opportunity to meet an NFL team president wouldn't be cool for you?

As a Bills scout, knowing the game is important enough for the top man to attend doesn't make you work that much harder? Or feel good about management's commitment to making this week an important one for the organization?

To me, his presense sends a big signal that the Bills are serious about making the team better.

But carry on with the typical TSW nabbob-ism if it makes you feel more comfortable...

Edited by Lurker

I think RB is a joke as a team President. But he'd be an even bigger joke if he didn't do his due diligence on who he is going to make a millionaire and be the cornerstone of this franchise. If nothing else, he can meet some prospects and offer Buddy some insight....be a sounding board for the old coot. He SHOULD be down there.

Well we have to give the guy a chance now that he has had all restraints lifted...and hope for the best- Il like some of what I have heard from him and hopefully he really has the organization's best interest at heart...but yeah-he is a salesman.

He comes across like a bit of a jock sniffer too. He always makes sure to reference his days playing college baseball, as if it establishes some sort of athletic credibility, or maybe makes him feel like he can keep company and talk shop with world class athletes who play in the NFL-Uh -sorry dont think so!...Not to mention-St John Fisher isnt exactly some baseball powerhouse. Time to shelf that act Russ. It reminds me of when dads try to be cool in front of their kids by referencing what is perceived as cool and hip to 13 year olds...It comes across as ultra lame and contrived!

Hey, i think i know who the Bills should draft better than the "experts" on staff (so do many of you). I'm sure Russ has an opinion and wants to meet some of these players up close and personal. I sure would if I had his job. This is not a big deal to me at all.

Overreaction much..

Why do you people stick up for this guy? He has his fingerprints all over this organization over the last 10 years. It's one of the worst organizations in all of professional sports. The only goal of the fan base is to simply make it to the playoffs. What am I missing here?

I'm glad you're fingerprints aren't on the franchise. Go away.

Why do you people stick up for this guy? He has his fingerprints all over this organization over the last 10 years. It's one of the worst organizations in all of professional sports. The only goal of the fan base is to simply make it to the playoffs. What am I missing here?

While I agree with you, I think you are overreacting. RB is doing what he should do (even though I think he'll ultimately f it up).

I hear the Patriots bandwagon is getting smaller and smaller every day. Maybe you should see what they have available for seating.

Seriously, there's plenty of other teams to root for. I'm not sure why your a Bills fan if you hate the team that much.

As much as I criticize Brandon and the complete failure of the franchise, since he was hired.

There probably is more than just scouting going on down there.

Most likely there are plenty of executives, doing mutual ball washing, possibly setting trades, move ups, etc.

Besides at this point I wouldn't allow Nix to be down there on his own. He sucks as a Bills GM. Look at his record, hires, and drafts for proof. I would have him on a short leash, at this point. In fact why is he still employed for the Bills?

Delete this thread. It's bad. Real bad. Someone complaining because our CEO is at the senior bowl with several other scouts and reps. People will always find something to cry about. You should be happy he's there.