No more naked pictures at the airport

Fezmid

YAY! TSA finally scrapped the nude body scanners that didn't improve security on airplanes at all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2013/01/18/naked-airport-scanners/1845851/

How to get by the (now gone) nude scanners:

Now if we could just get rid of TSA altogether... Why do they need to "guard" a football stadium, for example? ( http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/01/05/2124230/tsa-secured-metrodome-during-recent-football-game )

When flying from Santa Barbara to Rochester last week, we were advised that if we were over 75 we didn't have to take off our shoes to pass through security. Since I'm only 72, I had to take my shoes off. I'm golden in three more years!

Can you imagine what a TSA employee would be thinking if he had to pat down Beerball while he's wearing his Depends?

<_<:D

Actually I go through the patdown almost exclusively. I've been scanned so many times for medical reasons and I fly pretty frequently so I try to avoid the full monty scanners as much as possible. I relent when I'm in a hurry because TSA makes folks who "Opt Out" wait 5-10 minutes before they provide an agent to do the patdown.

I think it would be worse if he wasn't wearing them.

Thank you.

Wait...

Exactly

Who cares if someone in some other room, that I have never met and never will meet makes a comment about a silhouette of my naked body?

Yeah, except it wasn't a silhouette, it was pretty much a full picture.

The fact that people think it's fine to give away all privacy and rights is scarier than the TSA. :mellow:

Yeah, except it wasn't a silhouette, it was pretty much a full picture.

The fact that people think it's fine to give away all privacy and rights is scarier than the TSA. :mellow:

Agreed.

I don't care if some illiterate half-wit who couldn't find a better job than TSA sees my dick... As far as I'm concerned they can suck my dick. It's the presumption of authority that bugs me.

Agreed.

I don't care if some illiterate half-wit who couldn't find a better job than TSA sees my dick... As far as I'm concerned they can suck my dick. It's the presumption of authority that bugs me.

It's also the assumption that they're making things safer, which they are not. So what's the point?

Agreed.

Don't like it, opt out of the scan. Big deal. No one was forced to go into the scanner, which in itself makes them a bit idiotic but that's different.

Don't like it, opt out of the scan. Big deal. No one was forced to go into the scanner, which in itself makes them a bit idiotic but that's different.

I wasn't given an option there, comrade. But if this little dog & pony show gives you a false sense of security that enables you to reconcile the situation in your mind such that it puts you at ease, then far be it from me to deprive you of that.

Agreed.

The problem there is that your dick may show up as a sharpened pencil. /sound of drums and symbols

BOOM!! Rob Slam!! Oh Yeah!

I wasn't given an option there, comrade. But if this little dog & pony show gives you a false sense of security that enables you to reconcile the situation in your mind such that it puts you at ease, then far be it from me to deprive you of that.

Sounds like you were the lemming then. You don't have to go through the scanner. And again, who cares? Do you mind the metal detector? The pat down? The background check? Luggage scan? This is just the latest technology for this stuff.

Now, that it may not actually work...on that point I have no response other than the government is !@#$ed.

Do you mind the metal detector? The pat down? The background check? Luggage scan? This is just the latest technology for this stuff.

Now, that it may not actually work...on that point I have no response other than the government is !@#$ed.

Not much. Yes. Yes. Yes.

If it doesn't make anything more secure, why are we wasting billions of dollars on security theater?