Norv Turner to be OC for the Browns

ganesh

This is a surprising development. Chud was an OC and usually former OCs want to put their own stamp on the offense (same for ex-DC turned HCs with the defense). Now Chud is going to have to give up his offensive vision for what Norv is going to want to run.

Or maybe they have very similar offensive philosophies. I don't really know. Do they have any past connections?

This sounds like a decision that came down from above.

This is a surprising development. Chud was an OC and usually former OCs want to put their own stamp on the offense (same for ex-DC turned HCs with the defense). Now Chud is going to have to give up his offensive vision for what Norv is going to want to run.

Or maybe they have very similar offensive philosophies. I don't really know. Do they have any past connections?

May be he really wants to be a HC and not dictate how to run the offense or defense. And when there is a really good one available in the market, why not make use of him. Norv doesn't believe in gadget plays and simply runs a power-offense. I believe the Browns have the right personnel on the OL to run such an offense and when you have a RB like Richardson, it is the most ideal fit considering what Turner has done with Smith, Ricky Williams etc.

I think chud was an OC under Turner.

Norv Turner is one of the worst Head Coach in NFL history. Lifetime sub .500 coach even though people keep recycling him for some reason.

He is the David Wannstache of offense.

His only claim to fame is he was Jimmy Johnson's OC on a team filled with HoFers at QB, RB,WR, TE, and O-line.

I was hoping he would go to the Jets.

I'm glad he isn't in Buffalo (we just went through a dated DC that doesn't know football in 2013).

He will be fired in Cleveland before 2014 ends.

Completely uninspiring move by Chud. This rings of a lack of leadership and innovation.

If I were a Brownies fan I'd be pretty pissed.

Hired Horton as DC too

Now they are starting to put a staff together.

I Like having an OC and/or DC with HC experience on a staff. I think it helps the new HC that has never been a HC in the NFL.

He will have aguy on his staff who

A. Understands what a HC has to deal with

B. Can go to for advice if/when certain situations arise.

Not saying i do not like the Bills moves. But having a former HC on your staff is not a bad thing.

I also think Horton is a nice hire too.

it woul dbe nice if the Browns and Bills became relevant again.

May be he really wants to be a HC and not dictate how to run the offense or defense. And when there is a really good one available in the market, why not make use of him. Norv doesn't believe in gadget plays and simply runs a power-offense. I believe the Browns have the right personnel on the OL to run such an offense and when you have a RB like Richardson, it is the most ideal fit considering what Turner has done with Smith, Ricky Williams etc.

etc=Thomlinson

I Like having an OC and/or DC with HC experience on a staff. I think it helps the new HC that has never been a HC in the NFL.

Not saying i do not like the Bills moves. But having a former HC on your staff is not a bad thing.

it woul dbe nice if the Browns and Bills became relevant again.

And with Turner you can ask him what he thinks then do the exact opposite.

it would be nice if the Browns and Bills became relevant again.

This.