What data are we using to say JP isnt ready?

JP-era

I totally want anyone besides Bledsoe at this point, but I'm not in favor of just handing over the reigns to a rookie.  Make him compete.

195414[/snapback]

He wont be a rookie, he will be a second year guy, with some limited playing experience.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually....I am starting to see THREE factions

- The Drew Bledsoe supporters

- The JP Losman supporters

- And the group that thinks....WHY DONT YOU JUST LET THEM FIGHT IT OUT IN CAMP

I am a member of the 3rd group

195991[/snapback]

You forgot the "It's a friggin' team game!!!" faction...

So everyone is convinced JP isnt ready. How exactly did we come to that conclusion? My guess is that its because we havent seen him play. OK, so play him!

195411[/snapback]

His obvious inability to grasp the pace of pro ball, and his God-awful technique.

So everyone is convinced JP isnt ready. How exactly did we come to that conclusion? My guess is that its because we havent seen him play. OK, so play him!

Let him train and start with the 1st team O, only then will we see him play and know whether he is ready or not.

No one here was watching him practice, those arent open to the public. Furthermore, Flutie, and RJ both proved (from opposite perspectives) that what you see in practice is often NOT what you will get in games. So no one here has seen him play other than the mop up duty he got handing the ball off to McGahee. Drew screwed us, really, because if we werent (hopelessly behind Drew) making a late surge for the playoffs, we would have had a chance to see Losman more, I dont know if he would have started but he would have played more. We didnt get that chance and have NO real, in the heat of the game, data. If he plays we learn first hand where he is at.

The only way to develop your young QB to play, is to play him. And the only way to know if he can cut the mustard is to play him and see!

195411[/snapback]

I came to that conclusion because the guys who coach him, whose jobs depend on winning games, who have watched him every second of every practice and who make a living evaluating players haven't put him on the field. If he was ready and the best QB on our roster, MM would be starting him, no?

As for next year, no one knows because none of us can see the future. We will go through campa and pre-season and the coaches will decide whatever they decide.

He wont be a rookie, he will be a second year guy, with some limited playing experience.

195718[/snapback]

If wearing a track suit and toting a clip board on the sidelines is what you mean by limited playing experience, yeah, he has that.

His obvious inability to grasp the pace of pro ball, and his God-awful technique.

196061[/snapback]

??? Are you talking about *pat,pat*???

No, we're talking about Losman.  Believe it or not, it IS possible to discuss another QB without mentioning that Bledsoe sucks.  You should try it sometime.

196088[/snapback]

What, you mean our other QB isn't the next coming of Johnny Unitas? He could possibly have flaws too?

Damn.

No, we're talking about Losman.  Believe it or not, it IS possible to discuss another QB without mentioning that Bledsoe sucks.  You should try it sometime.

196088[/snapback]

I just find it ironic that you are talking about JP not being able to handle the pace of the game and saying that he has poor technique.......isn't that the problem with the current guy?? (I forgot his name)

Anyway, there is nothing definitive we can say about JP at this point.......except one thing: TD went out of his way to draft JP. There was a reason for this. Sooner or later, he'll get a shot. The other guy's days are numbered no matter what.

I just find it ironic that you are talking about JP not being able to handle the pace of the game and saying that he has poor technique.......isn't that the problem with the current guy??  (I forgot his name)

196096[/snapback]

The topic is Losman, and you find it ironic that we're discussing Losman and not something else? :w00t:

Which is why you should live every day as though it were your last...because one day you're going to be right.

196102[/snapback]

oh boy, between this and the Pataki speech I'm not sure I can handle anymore platitudes....

The topic is Losman, and you find it ironic that we're discussing Losman and not something else?  :w00t:

196103[/snapback]

Well, technically by discussing Losman you are discussing Patty cake by default.

195411[/snapback]

I think most people are drawing this conclusion because they trust MM/Clements/Wyche to do whats right for this team and offense. They certainly were correct not to start JP when we went to an 0-4 start with Bledsoe at QB because JP was hurt.

Likewise at 1-5.

At 3-5 JP was healthy enough to play, but the Bills were beginning to get on a roll and throwing him in to start his first game on the road against NE would have been about the same as when he was thrown to the dogs in mop-up duty of that game.

At 3-6 is the first semicredible physical opportunity for him to start, but again after the debacle in NE with his mop-up work there, this would have been a bad move. As it happens, the streak of winning games going away began here and again making a change at QB would have been the height of sillness during the streak.

I think the should and will get good looks in mini-camps and pre-season and though I expect Bledsoe to prevail I do trust the braintrust to do the right thing. Don't you?