What data are we using to say JP isnt ready?

JP-era

So everyone is convinced JP isnt ready. How exactly did we come to that conclusion? My guess is that its because we havent seen him play. OK, so play him!

Let him train and start with the 1st team O, only then will we see him play and know whether he is ready or not.

No one here was watching him practice, those arent open to the public. Furthermore, Flutie, and RJ both proved (from opposite perspectives) that what you see in practice is often NOT what you will get in games. So no one here has seen him play other than the mop up duty he got handing the ball off to McGahee. Drew screwed us, really, because if we werent (hopelessly behind Drew) making a late surge for the playoffs, we would have had a chance to see Losman more, I dont know if he would have started but he would have played more. We didnt get that chance and have NO real, in the heat of the game, data. If he plays we learn first hand where he is at.

The only way to develop your young QB to play, is to play him. And the only way to know if he can cut the mustard is to play him and see!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew screwed us, really, because if we werent (hopelessly behind Drew) making a late surge for the playoffs, we would have had a chance to see Losman more,

195411[/snapback]

It's not Drew's fault, as he was not close to being the main reason for the surge.

If you're going to blame anyone, blame Willis. :)

I think you are overlooking that fact that J.P. is a Pisces. Sorry to bust your bubble here, but:

As a Pisces you are extremely sensitive and unusual. You desperately want to do the right thing.However this is not always easy for you as you must follow that small voice within you for good or bad. To constrict your uniqueness would make you extremely unhappy. You like to drift into a dream world where you can forget the harsher realities of life. You have a great deal of charm, humor and sympathy and that enables you to do things that others can't do. You are very creative, however due to your escapist tendencies you often don't obtain your goals and objectives. You are ruled by the planet Neptune. This planet represents deception, disillusionment, escapism and creativity. Your connection to this planet is, no doubt, one of the reasons why you can appear to be somewhat confused. You are difficult to understand due to your innate ability to use emotional blackmail in order to get what you want. If denied you can revert to over-indulgence.You have to help yourself by developing your creative talents. You not only play mind games with those that get close to you, but in addition you often fool yourself emotionally. You are sentimental, affectionate and sensation-seeking when it comes to the heart. Your moods can be extreme, and that makes it is difficult to get the same impression twice. You are a chameleon. You invariably change your mannerisms, imitating whoever is in your life at the time. When alone, you are quite unique. However, you don't let many people catch you being yourself.

Your self-indulgent tendencies in eating, drinking and smoking make you your own worst enemy when it comes to your health.

You tend to favor your feet, wearing low heels, slippers or better yet going barefoot. You will let your appearance go to pieces when you are under emotional stress.

Like your symbol the Fish, you can swim both ways. Throughout life you will move from being in a financial mess because you are careless and too generous and at other times you are so thrifty that you appear miserly. In general, you have good ideas about money management but you have a hard time applying them. You are also quite lucky and that helps you land on your feet.

This says it all about JP

So everyone is convinced JP isnt ready. How exactly did we come to that conclusion? My guess is that its because we havent seen him play. OK, so play him!

Let him train and start with the 1st team O, only then will we see him play and know whether he is ready or not.

No one here was watching him practice, those arent open to the public...

195411[/snapback]

Practices are closed to the public but the depth chart is open to the public. If the coaches felt he was "ready," why would he still be #3 on the depth chart? If he's not the one you go to in order to replace an injured Bledsoe, why would you use him to replace a healthy one?

Yes, there's a whole off-season ahead, but that's why I've been against starting him. That's what I've "seen" (beyond what he's shown us on the field).

Here's the arguement you are going to get from Bills management. Drew has adapted to whatever system was placed in front of him. He has made a team contribution this year by getting his team in place to make the playoffs. Unfortunately at the beginning of the year MM was still tweaking the roster and looking at what would would work schematically for this team to be successful. It took place after a rough 3-6 start. And although Drew didn't have a great year statistically we still believe he has the tools and supporting cast to lead this team to the playoffs.

My opinion is he's right. I'm unwilling to give up on Drew at this point simply because I haven't heard of us going out and getting a different player. JP was injured for 10 weeks so I have a hard time believing he'll be able to come in and show us he's got the skills to take us to the next level. Can he? I have no idea...but I trust that the people who know more about football than I do. And if they still think he's not ready I'll side by them.

I totally want anyone besides Bledsoe at this point, but I'm not in favor of just handing over the reigns to a rookie.  Make him compete.

195414[/snapback]

I agree.. The coaches should open the spot for competition and the best

guy should win. If JP loses out to Bledsoe then it is a shame that we

invested in a QB who at that point is worse than DB.

I just know I sat there on Sunday and watched Drew throw 4 passes directly at Steeler players. In a game where he looks bad in the first half, he never comes out and rebounds in the second.

195511[/snapback]

What does that have to do with JP's readiness? :)

I know you're saying "Drew sucks," but does that answer the question being posed?

Or is "Drew sucks" the answer to everything?

Ya know, Boom...I'm most concerned about this assessment from his horoscope. Does he like women AND men? Time will tell, I guess.

195520[/snapback]

I don't think he's going to be calling Tom Brady for a date any time soon. When they were up here two weeks ago, he was spotted heading back to his room Saturday night with two hotties. The next morning he was late for the bus and had no time to sign autographs. Good man I say.

I am not saying that JP is definitely could not start next year. All I'm saying is there are hints he would not be ready. Such as...

1) Got hurt in camp so missed half the season

2) When he did play, he looked ill-prepared...resorting to the snap, roll-out, and run routine too often.

3) Was not allowed to throw too many passes in mop-up duties (could also be Coach M not wanting to run up score)

4) Rumours heard in mid-season that JP was being lazy and not learning the playbook, ala Billy Joe Hosebag. (One theory was he threw JP to the dogs in the Pats game to B word-slap the boy into paying attention.)

That is my body of evidence that suggests, and olny suggests, JO may not be 100% ready to start in 2005/06.

PTR

I fear that JP is going to be another Ryan Leaf. I hope i am wrong and that he can be the QB of the future.

The part that concerns me the most about JP is that I almost never saw him on the sidelines huddeled around Drew, MM, and Shane. Whenever Drew came off the field he was always met by MM and Shane. JP wasn't present.