Cardinals Hire Bruce Arians as New Head Coach

There are 5 black coaches in the NFL right? 2 made the playoffs, one got fired with a 10-6 record, one finished .500 & has won a SB, and one was completely bad. 4 out of 5 over .500 is a pretty damn good ratio. It's also interesting that guys like Chip Kelly are the hot NFL candidates when a guy like Kevin Sumlin maybe had a more impressive year. I don't think it's racism but there definitely is a lack of opportunity given for whatever reason.

For the record, Arians definitely deserves a shot. What he did this year was amazing. It will be interesting to see what he does without Big Ben and Luck and that clusterf in Zona.

Arians is going to learn soon enough that life in the NFL is a bit harder when you don't have a guy like Luck/Big ben to lead the ship. My guess is he is fired after 2 seasons, horrible hire by Arizona.

I love how Arians after his hire...simply explains the only goal for the Cards is to win the Super Bowl...

While the Bills only goal--which are multiple-- is to reach for a QB in April, try to end a playoff drought of 13 seasons and somehow lure the Rogers to have another Toronto series signed up

Arians has a bunch of ?'s at QB, but still says the only goal is to win the Super Bowl.

I would like this organization to say that 100 times a day...the Buffalo Bills goal is to WIN the Super Bowl... but, the focus right now is to build a 1980's mall around 'The Ralph' and fix a toilet or two!

Shaw at Stanford will be a HC in the NFL sooner rather than later.

Shaw is pretty decent

Arians is going to learn soon enough that life in the NFL is a bit harder when you don't have a guy like Luck/Big ben to lead the ship. My guess is he is fired after 2 seasons, horrible hire by Arizona.

I agree...I still think Arizona drafts a QB in the first and Arians' fate will be tied to the success of the QB taken

@AdamSchefter

After Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel and six other were fired, there eight HC jobs filled. Not one hire was a minority.

Not exactly shocking news to me.

Not shocked either.

When I thought about Schefter's tweet...I realized Doug Whaley helped pick Marrone

I would like the NFL to look into that...a black guy hiring a white guy!?

Edited by KollegeStudnet