Vilma's Defamation Suit was Dismissed

Peter

Ill be curious to see if its based on its content, or more than likely that the CBA takes jurisdiction in all nfl labor cases so she couldn't hear it in the first place (which she's long hinted at)

and he reason it should have been dismissed a long time ago

the NFL is like John Gotti...they can do whatever they want with no fear of repurcussions because they have Congress in their back pocket to continue allowing them to operate outside the rules that every other legal entity is held to in this country...

yup, reading the statement, its essentially that whether or not she agrees with the claims being made that its not currently her place to rule.

in a twist, she picked up the ray nagin trial today so judge berrigan will remain in the public spotlight.

Ill be curious to see if its based on its content, or more than likely that the CBA takes jurisdiction in all nfl labor cases so she couldn't hear it in the first place (which she's long hinted at)

I thinks she has always felt bad for Vilma in some way--or at least sympathized with his fight against the suspension. This is a way she can spare him the embarrassment of an unwinnable lawsuit--and the potentially dirty things that would come into discovery regarding Vilma.

the NFL is like John Gotti...they can do whatever they want with no fear of repurcussions because they have Congress in their back pocket to continue allowing them to operate outside the rules that every other legal entity is held to in this country...

Here's the looney take on the situation.

I thinks she has always felt bad for Vilma in some way--or at least sympathized with his fight against the suspension. This is a way she can spare him the embarrassment of an unwinnable lawsuit--and the potentially dirty things that would come into discovery regarding Vilma.

Here's the looney take on the situation.

i dont think it was a matter of feeling bad - i think it was a matter of waiting to see how the suspension played out to determine whether the league was going to continue outside the CBA with the process(and then it wouldnt stand in her way from hearing it as he wouldnt have been "acting as commissioner" and thus not protected) or if they got back on track (and goodell was just enacting his powers granted in the CBA) -- thats a reeeeeeal cliff notes version of it, but.... we will see...

or not. as its finally done.

(assuming SP is reinstated in 2 weeks)

Edited by NoSaint