Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it has like 3 tweets is following no one and is exploding with new followers I'm inclined to believe that

Yeah, my initial thought regarding the dearth of tweets was that they had been deleted. I realized the mistake pretty quickly. A reporter had retweeted it, which added to the confusion.

how would tweets from teo's actual account show up there?

Anyone can retweet them as long as his account is public. The original timestamp will remain.

Yeah, my initial thought regarding the dearth of tweets was that they had been deleted. I realized the mistake pretty quickly. A reporter had retweeted it, which added to the confusion.

Anyone can retweet them as long as his account is public. The original timestamp will remain.

Why would teo retweet them? Or are you saying anyone can retweet from someone else's account to an account of their choosing?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why would teo retweet them? Or are you saying anyone can retweet from someone else's account?

Yes, anyone can retweet tweets from someone else's account, and it also includes the original tweeter's avatar, too.

Bottom line this guy sounds like a giant kitty. You want a hard nose take no crap from no one as your MLB. This guy is gonna fall hard. He's nice and will have a great life but not in the nfl

To knock a man for faith is to render judgment prematurely. You probably hate Tebow too. Tebow won in college & is 11-5 as an NFL starter. T'eo is a better player at his position then Tebow will ever dream and by all accounts a strong leader & fierce competitor. I'd love T'eo to be there when we draft 8th.

Why would teo retweet them? Or are you saying anyone can retweet from someone else's account to an account of their choosing?

It's the equivalent of me currently "retweeting" your post but now attached to my name. Teo posted publicly and the fake account just forwarded his public post to everyone reading the fake account as a "check this out" essentially.

So, if he made the statement that he talked to her for hours on end on the telephone - it seems like a simple request for phone records that corroborate or disprove that statement would be the easiest way to tell if he is the victim or complicit in the hoax.

The next couple days should be interesting, to say the least.

Check out this guy's twitter account--- he includes tweets from early December of some twitter users alleging the Lennay Keuka thing was a hoax. Make of it what you will:

https://twitter.com/justinrmegahan

Reistically I'd bet that's the casual banter the investigators found and reference when they talk about the perpetrator joking about it (a few of the links on that account send you to people tweeting jokes about being behind the fake accounts, for those not digging)

OMG I FIGURED IT OUT

NoSaint is Te'o......but why is he on a bills forum.............................

I still hope to go 8th. Maybe this will be forgotten if I'm playing in a media black hole.

Reistically I'd bet that's the casual banter the investigators found and reference when they talk about the perpetrator joking about it (a few of the links on that account send you to people tweeting jokes about being behind the fake accounts, for those not digging)

I still hope to go 8th. Maybe this will be forgotten if I'm playing in a media black hole.

I hope we don't pick you in the first round. Not because any of this, but your not a top 10 talent (very few are, no offense). I'd take you in the second :)

I find it sad and depressing :(.

For a long time now the media seems more interested in selling a story rather than reporting the news. Ironically they are merely catering to their market IMO.

you can't even believe the any TV anymore. My wife watches Spanish tv. She tells me that international news reported by the likes of English stations, is not even close to how the same stories are reported in other country's. for Christ's sake, do we even know what happened at sandy hook? For a week, the story changed every day. I'm afraid of how distracted people can become, when something is so sensationalized. The facts become trivialized, for the sake of the story. And so far we are ok with that.