Is it too late to keep D'Allesandris?

tedstrong

I realize the line is that no current coaches are being considered, I was hoping for a ground swell of support from the fans.

Marrone is an o-line guy...he may evaluate last year's line and say, yeah, let's do that again. In which case, "D'Allissandwich" stays.

Marrone is an o-line guy...he may evaluate last year's line and say, yeah, let's do that again. In which case, "D'Allissandwich" stays.

What kind of schemes has marrone used up front would likely go far in settling whether this is an option.

They clearly said no coaches under Chan would be considered. So, D'Alesandris is not be considered. It's really too bad because the OL was the only bright spot this season. It looks like Marrone is going without an OL coach anyhow - probably just going to do it himself since he's a former OL coach.

Edited by kas23

Other than Tight Ends, they haven't hired any position coaches for the O yet.

We hired a RBs coach as well (Tyrone Wheatley).

That leaves WRs, QBs and O-line. Hoping that Rob Moore comes in as WRs coach from Cuse, Joe stays as O-line coach and then the QBs can be handled by Hackett/Marrone.

Edited by DStebb716

We hired a RBs coach as well (Tyrone Wheatley).

That leaves WRs, QBs and O-line. Hoping that Rob Moore comes in as WRs coach from Cuse, Joe stays as O-line coach and then the QBs can be handled by Hackett/Marrone.

even if only for administrative help we will have a qb coach

Edited by NoSaint

They certainly did. Russ is cheap.

For what it's worth...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/154870-all-of-gaileys-staff-have-been-told-they-will/#entry2699327

Not retained and not eligible for re-hire are two different things. It would be irresponsible to blindly cross everyone off the list simply for being on the staff. It's polite to give them full opportunities to look elsewhere if new coordinators are being hired.

They clearly said no coaches under Chan would be considered. So, D'Alesandris is not be considered. It's really too bad because the OL was the only bright spot this season. It looks like Marrone is going without an OL coach anyhow - probably just going to do it himself since he's a former OL coach.

Don't remember seeing that. I know they were all released,then there was a Nix quote that all the coaches would be up tp Marone and he could retain anyone he wanted. They seem to have focused on Defense and expect them to fill out the offensive side soon , but I can't find anything where the Bills stated no one from the previous staff would be hired.

Don't remember seeing that. I know they were all released,then there was a Nix quote that all the coaches would be up tp Marone and he could retain anyone he wanted. They seem to have focused on Defense and expect them to fill out the offensive side soon , but I can't find anything where the Bills stated no one from the previous staff would be hired.

I think the reason you haven't read it, is because it hasn't been said. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had read that all the coaches would have a chance to interview

I think the reason you haven't read it, is because it hasn't been said. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had read that all the coaches would have a chance to interview

You did. Marrone said that Gailey's staff was welcome to interview. I think people confused 'not being retained' with not being eligible