If Jonas and Pat leave

OnTheRocks

The Bills could lose Jennings and Williams without compensation? Or would they get compensatory draft picks?

If so,....how does it work? Would they be able to get more than one draft pick per player? OR is it just one pick? And what round?

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I don't think so, at least not from the team that signs them.

I believe that since they are both UFA's there is no compensation. The only time I've seen compensation is for RFAs.

The league may give the Bills an extra 6th or 7th rounder, but that would probably be about it.

well..i know they wouldn't get anything from the teams that potentially sign them.

and i think they could get at least a 4th for each if they are starters through the NFL "Compensatory Draft Pick" program thingy.

The NFL has a complicated formula for figuring out compensatory picks based on each team's specific losses and acquisitions of free agents. Guys of JJ's and PW's claiber, assuming they remain starters with whatever team acquires them, could possibly net 3rd round (the maximim) compensation, provided that we don't counter the moves with similar quality starters.

From where I stand, I'd rather try to work out fair deals with both of these gusy and keep them rather than hope for compensation picks in 2006.

well..i know they wouldn't get anything from the teams that potentially sign them.

and i think they could get at least a 4th for each if they are starters through the NFL "Compensatory Draft Pick" program thingy.

195360[/snapback]

Could be. Lets hope!

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I don't think so, at least not from the team that signs them.

I believe that since they are both UFA's there is no compensation. The only time I've seen compensation is for RFAs.

The league may give the Bills an extra 6th or 7th rounder, but that would probably be about it.

195355[/snapback]

No, compensation DOES come from UFAs. But a team has to lose more in UFAs than they acquire in FA. So we'd have to lose them both and acquire nobody, pretty much.

The Bills could lose Jennings and Williams without compensation?  Or would they get compensatory draft picks?

If so,....how does it work?  Would they be able to get more than one draft pick per player?  OR is it just one pick?  And what round?

195344[/snapback]

Since they were originally drafted by the bills, we will get compensatory picks in

the 2006 draft. But it all depends on the net sum of who we lost and whom we

acquired.

I think the formula additionally considers the performance of the player on his new team. What is not included in the compensatory pick process, are any players who are cap casualties. You do not receive any compensation for them.

For last year, the major players(UFA) we signed or lost were....we added Villarial and lost Winfield. Let see what that gets us in terms of a compensatory pick.

I think the formula additionally considers the performance of the player on his new team.  What is not included in the compensatory pick process, are any players who are cap casualties. You do not receive any compensation for them.

For last year, the major players(UFA) we signed or lost were....we added Villarial and lost Winfield.  Let see what that gets us in terms of a compensatory pick.

195441[/snapback]

You forgot Vincent.

Vincent > Winfield,

let alone Vincent + Chris V.

No extra picks for us IMO.