Bills need to sign James Harrison

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that they have zero FAs.

They had a run of like 3-4 offseasons without signing any outside free agents. I remember being amazed that last offseason(possibly the one before?) they signed their first FA since duke Preston. Yes, that duke Preston.

Edited by NoSaint

They had a run of like 3-4 offseasons without signing any outside free agents. I remember being amazed that last offseason(possibly the one before?) they signed their first FA since duke Preston. Yes, that duke Preston.

Where were they at the start of that run? Were they a team without a single QB? Were they a team woefully thin at LB? Were they a team without WRs? You get my drift. I'll stand by my statement.

Do you mean the same Packers team as the one with FA's like Ryan Pickett, Jeff Saturday, Charles Woodson, Jon Kuhn, Cedric Benson and Anthony Hargrove?

Pickett and Woodson have been there many a year. Kuhn had 3 carries as a depth Rookie before signing with the packers 6-7 years ago. Hargrove is no longer a packer (never made the 53). Benson is essentially the only one with anything in common to signing Harrison

Edit - and Saturday

Edited by NoSaint

Pickett and Woodson have been there many a year. Kuhn had 3 carries as a depth Rookie before signing with the packers 6-7 years ago. Hargrove is no longer a packer (never made the 53). Benson is essentially the only one with anything in common to signing Harrison

Read what I said. Read the reply. Really, there's no discussion needed here.

Where were they at the start of that run? Were they a team without a single QB? Were they a team woefully thin at LB? Were they a team without WRs? You get my drift. I'll stand by my statement.

All true. And I wasn't arguing you must follow the packer mold. I was just pointing out that hindsight was right in that outside of a few guys signed nearly a decade ago the are almost 100% free agent free.

Edited by NoSaint

You also have to wonder if Green Bay had dipped into the FA pool to replace guys like Na'il Diggs, Nick Barnett and Nick Collins if they might not be playing ball next weekend.

Also possible. In a post Super Bowl situation it gets tricky - keeping your own gets expensive when all your own guys have that Super Bowl premium in their demands now and makes navigating FA a tough spot.

Generally wasn't saying its the right way to build, just thought it was a nifty bit of trivia that I happened to remember because of who the last free agent was. I want to say it was 2009 for Preston til they signed Hargrove this year and neither even made the team. Just something I picked up reading Peter king (i believe?) that hindsights post reminded me of.

70 tackles 6 sacks and 2 ff in 13 games. When's the last time a Bills lb had those kind of stats? Had more tackles this year than last but 3 less sacks. Stop making it out like he had awful numbers lol

Shawn Merriman had 17 tackles and 1 sack against a good Jets offensive line in week 17, why not just use him?

You made a blanket statement without supplying that info. As I tend not to follow the personal lives of NFL players I did not know he beats women but yeah that alone would classify him as a thug. The Hits to the head thing I look at as it's football.

Didn't say that. You said why would the steelers want to get rid of him I said to get younger. Worlids is a young improving player though whos worthy of more playing time and Harrison is 35.

A blanket statement is a statement that covers multiple people, failing to point out problems at the individual level. I called James Harrison a thug. One person. One truth.

Good chance he'll be released by the Steelers this offseason. I know he has off the field issues and he isn't the player he was 5 years ago. With the new coordinator, I'm sure he'd like some situational guys that can bring some toughness on certain downs. I've always hated this guy, then again if the Bills had Coortland Finegan, whom I also dislike, I wouldn't mind it. He's no longer in his prime, but should the Bills bring him in if he's not demanding big money? Strictly for depth behind OLB, not saying he should start.

GO BILLS

I agree, use Moats instead of paying big money to an oft injured, even more often fined over the hill idiot.