Would Wilson/Kaepernick have played if w/Buffalo

Yes, I realize this is a moo point and if this was a thread nine months ago, some fans would be saying both of these guys shouldn't be drafted by Buffalo and they won't be anything in the NFL due to being too short, too many tattos, something dumb like that. I think all of us here believe these guys can play. Anyway, I asked myself a hypothetical today, "If the Bills drafted either of these guys, would Gailey had either of them start one game over Fitz this season?" My answer is no, and why I hope the new regime gives players, not necessarily just quarterbacks, a chance to prove themselves. Only reason Fitz ever started was because Trent "Checkdown" Edwards was injured. We traded for TJ and he wasn't active for one game. In conclusion, if the Bills get a veteran QB (99% it's going to be Alex Smith or Vick) and draft a rookie QB, if the VET starts playing terrible, Marrone and co. see would hopefully see what other guys can do. Again, many variables here...what's considered bad, playoff spot on the line, etc.

Thoughts?

Yes, I realize this is a moo point and if this was a thread nine months ago, some fans would be saying both of these guys shouldn't be drafted by Buffalo and they won't be anything in the NFL due to being too short, too many tattos, something dumb like that. I think all of us here believe these guys can play. Anyway, I asked myself a hypothetical today, "If the Bills drafted either of these guys, would Gailey had either of them start one game over Fitz this season?" My answer is no, and why I hope the new regime gives players, not necessarily just quarterbacks, a chance to prove themselves. Only reason Fitz ever started was because Trent "Checkdown" Edwards was injured. We traded for TJ and he wasn't active for one game. In conclusion, if the Bills get a veteran QB (99% it's going to be Alex Smith or Vick) and draft a rookie QB, if the VET starts playing terrible, Marrone and co. see would hopefully see what other guys can do. Again, many variables here...what's considered bad, playoff spot on the line, etc.

Thoughts?

I'll laugh at my own expense, and realize this was a dumb post. Made my monday

cheers - i couldnt resist... and happens to the best of us.

its hard to say what would happen if we got those guys. the whole talent acquisition vs talent utilization issue the last couple years has been a little murky at best.